Update: Strawberry Cheesecake auto - day 1
:rollit:

Soaked in filtered rain water for 18hrs and had a tiny tail poking out a tiny crack in the seed casing when I planted it about 3/4” deep after sprinkling mycorrhizae into the hole. About 56hrs later
:green_heart:
47DEAFBF-D696-46D2-A9BF-76F35249EE79.jpeg

fast!

CE7B15ED-63BE-4980-A522-26556A8463BC.jpeg

sassy! And with nice indications of future colour :slide:

02777D9E-15D9-4A37-A4CF-D8C565C93A58.jpeg

Currently basking under the @ViparSpectra p1500 set to 20w from the wall (model released early 2020 and gifted to me as a prize here at the mag
:thanks:
). This gives around 10k Lux at a distance of 330mm (just over 1’) with the door open and I am pretty sure that rises a couple of thousand or so when I close the door. @syenite and I both find that we have to run ridiculously low levels in these small spaces or plants stress out. This could be too much. I’ll be keeping an eye.

:love:
:Namaste:

Aloha Amy :love:

You are in for a lovely experience with that Strawberry Cheesecake. That seedling is special. The rebuild of your home and grow space sound wonderful and glad you are maintaining a supply of medicine. Sending lots of love and respect from Hawaii as always! Aloha! :love:
:passitleft:

Good luck with the little one and congrats on your recent harvest.

Love those chocolatey tasting flowers, good with some tea yum.

The dragon fly pic might be another winner for you. Excellent picture.

I can’t get past it every time I toke some of this Nepal Jam x Kali China, I think of skittles the lollies. It’s a very berry sweet candy flavour - with some spice, kinda like me :battingeyelashes:
Outstanding.
I find my PCK x KaliChina to have a fresh produce aroma. Like freshly picked from the garden carrots and zucchini. Very fresh and "green" smell to me, A very mild mannered smell, with an under tone of camphor. Refreshing.
I think the Kali China hybrids have somewhat unusual flavor profiles.

frangipani, I had to look it up. Might be a good name for my next pet. Love it. :tommy:

mycorrhizae ...good to use during seed planting.
:thumb: inoculation from the get go!
maintaining a supply of medicine.
Just!

under tone of camphor
:thumb:
unusual flavor profiles
:yummy:

Hi folks - supplemental update on the Strawberry Cheesecake - it still lives but the second node was single bladed and a third node is yet to appear. There seems to not even be any place for a third node to emerge. An odd one. A dud perhaps. We shall see. (If anything happens there will be photos)

Supplemental update on me is that I’ve dropped again - or things ramped up again here, bit of both - and can only just manage what’s needed of me here for my basic daily needs and liaising with the builder on works in my room. Renovating is like ‘shooting rapids’ when it comes to decisions and I have close to no effective cognitive ability outside of it most of the time ATM. Yesterday morning I was so fatigued I found that i was completely unable to measure and calculate the square meterage of a wall - a very basic task. A clear sign the fatigue is super ramped up.

its early hours of the morning and I’ve had some sleep so am jumping on here to check in :love:

Its going to be like this for me for a while longer still. My cave is getting painted this weekend then the floor goes down and we can move me back in. Garden spaces wil be among the first to set up - veg first up.

Then we will be wrangling the problems left by the folk who came to work on the house. We had mixed results there so there’s some issues to address and some ‘not insignificant’ problems to solve. More decisions.

its all still good. And it’s also still the case that I don’t have any meaningful capacity beyond it. I’m ”overloading” everyday to get it done.

Along the way the improvements to the living situation are definitely landing and are pre wonderful. We have more space in the main house and new glass so are much warmer!

On the cannabis front, Sucker Punch is curing very nicely. I keep sneaking out a little bud when I crack open the container to air it :yummy:
:bongrip:

I’ve also recently enjoyed the canna-reality of how much curing can really change bud - via the the Northern Lights auto I grew last year. I had initially found that I wasn’t able to smoke it because I’d always have headaches the next day. Infusions with it have been good tho. Recently I ran out of Early Miss and decided to give the NL another whirl...
:meditate:

no headaches, lovely honey flavoured tokes, good pain relief, good, giggly, relaxation and if it’s nighttime... sleep comes fast and heavy.

So that’s nearly a year in the jar and it has developed nicely into a smooth smooth toke with beautiful indica effects when you need them.

Well, that was a bit of rave. I’m about to have a wakenbake toke of the Sucker Punch Kush and visit some of your gardens. It’s a bit after 5am here and the full moon has set - goodness its dark out there in the forest!

:green_heart: :passitleft:

A clear sign the fatigue is super ramped up.
:love: If swimming through treacle was an Olympic sport... I was going to say I’d meet you in Tokyo, but let’s face it - we’d be too tired to attend.
pre wonderful.
:high-five:

Lovely prose, even on the woes.

It’s going to be so good when the tradies are done and your house is your own again!

Interesting obs on the NL. I wonder why it gave you such a hard time when it was green?

Cheers, Ames. I hope that sucker punch does it for ya.
:passitleft:

Your new revamped space sounds exciting and a little overwhelming at the same time. Hope you get all of the builder problems sorted without much issue.

I've been having great luck with a purple Bubba Kush hybrid. It's stopped several migraines from taking hold and is great for inflammation.
The Bubba Hash has me very interested.

Hope you are well dear.
:love: :passitleft::love:

:thumb: inoculation from the get go!

Just!

:thumb:

:yummy:

Hi folks - supplemental update on the Strawberry Cheesecake - it still lives but the second node was single bladed and a third node is yet to appear. There seems to not even be any place for a third node to emerge. An odd one. A dud perhaps. We shall see. (If anything happens there will be photos)

Supplemental update on me is that I’ve dropped again - or things ramped up again here, bit of both - and can only just manage what’s needed of me here for my basic daily needs and liaising with the builder on works in my room. Renovating is like ‘shooting rapids’ when it comes to decisions and I have close to no effective cognitive ability outside of it most of the time ATM. Yesterday morning I was so fatigued I found that i was completely unable to measure and calculate the square meterage of a wall - a very basic task. A clear sign the fatigue is super ramped up.

its early hours of the morning and I’ve had some sleep so am jumping on here to check in :love:

Its going to be like this for me for a while longer still. My cave is getting painted this weekend then the floor goes down and we can move me back in. Garden spaces wil be among the first to set up - veg first up.

Then we will be wrangling the problems left by the folk who came to work on the house. We had mixed results there so there’s some issues to address and some ‘not insignificant’ problems to solve. More decisions.

its all still good. And it’s also still the case that I don’t have any meaningful capacity beyond it. I’m ”overloading” everyday to get it done.

Along the way the improvements to the living situation are definitely landing and are pre wonderful. We have more space in the main house and new glass so are much warmer!

On the cannabis front, Sucker Punch is curing very nicely. I keep sneaking out a little bud when I crack open the container to air it :yummy:

I’ve also recently enjoyed the canna-reality of how much curing can really change bud - via the the Northern Lights auto I grew last year. I had initially found that I wasn’t able to smoke it because I’d always have headaches the next day. Infusions with it have been good tho. Recently I ran out of Early Miss and decided to give the NL another whirl...
:meditate:

no headaches, lovely honey flavoured tokes, good pain relief, good, giggly, relaxation and if it’s nighttime... sleep comes fast and heavy.

So that’s nearly a year in the jar and it has developed nicely into a smooth smooth toke with beautiful indica effects when you need them.

Well, that was a bit of rave. I’m about to have a wakenbake toke of the Sucker Punch Kush and visit some of your gardens. It’s a bit after 5am here and the full moon has set - goodness its dark out there in the forest!

:green_heart: :passitleft:
I too have noticed major improvements in stuff that's been jarred for over six months! So much so that I've made that my target -- six months in the jar before I smoke a major amount. (They're always "little" taste tests going on, however.) :Rasta:

Nice to hear see your voice again! :hug:
Phewf!
second node was single bladed
:hmmmm:
a third node is yet to appear. There seems to not even be any place for a third node to emerge.
:hmmmm: :hmmmm:
If anything happens there will be photos
Oh good, so nothing's happened yet!
Renovating is like ‘shooting rapids’ when it comes to decisions and I have close to no effective cognitive ability outside of it most of the time ATM. My cave is getting painted this weekend then the floor goes down and we can move me back in.
It sounds awful and very much like me getting my garage finished with a serious concussion. :( I hope that recovery comes with the completion of the renovations + time. :peace:
veg first up
Brilliant!
Lovely! Another reason to hold back as much as you can for a longer cure.
That was an illusion... there was a thing in a place blocking a window. There is still a beautiful wash of moonlight out there.
In the dark, everything is a thing. :)

So glad to see you starting a new seed, and so sorry it is not being "normal". Remodeling construction is a major PItA regardless of whether it's going well and incredibly stressful when there are things that aren't. So sorry there is added stress for you Amy - that is taxing and tiring. Hopefully things get straightened, and you have time to chill and enjoy your cured buds peacefully. I know you want and love to visit journals and I'm honored that you take the time to visit mine. A like or a :ciao:fills my heart when it comes from you! :love:Take care of yourself sweet Amy.

Renovating is like ‘shooting rapids’ when it comes to decisions
I hope the problems get sorted out, and the changes/improvements come out exactly as you envisioned them...
There seems to not even be any place for a third node to emerge.
I've had that happen a couple of times lately- I've had good luck topping them- just cut the weird stuff off...
although, it is a bit odd, topping a plant that's 2" tall...but they seem to come back from it very well...

and visit some of your gardens
I posted that and then our internet went down for most of the morning. Thwarted! I’m back to try again for another early morning garden tour... I can hear the lovely other stirring upstairs tho so I may be on deck to make coffee and supervise painting soon ;).
going to be so good
it really is. the d*(heads have left now and the builder I’m working with in my space, a local guy, is great. Small example - he came in to get me before he changed a shadow-gap from 5mm to 6mm, in case I didn’t like it. My kinda guy. I did like it btw. He and I are getting on well, he cares what I want and is honest and clear and it’s consequently very easy to leave him to it. It’s nearly finished. Win - win.

fixing the fixes!
yes exactly that! On the main house that is. All in my room/ shed-cave remodel is all good. Nothing broken there!
hope the problems get sorted out, and the changes/improvements come out exactly as you envisioned them...
:thumb: a few elements have already done just that!
is a bit odd, topping a plant that's 2" tall...but they seem to come back from it very well..
:hmmmm: I think I might do this. Nitjing to lose at this stage and I’d really like some more Strawberry cheesecake...

Your new revamped space sounds exciting and a little overwhelming at the same time. Hope you get all of the builder problems sorted without much issue.

I've been having great luck with a purple Bubba Kush hybrid. It's stopped several migraines from taking hold and is great for inflammation.
The Bubba Hash has me very interested.

Hope you are well dear.
:love: :passitleft::love:
Thanks V :passitleft: I think everyone should try bubba hash! Kushy things of all kinds are becoming a fave for sure - purple bubba sounds very nice and I’m super happy to hear that it’s mitigating migraines :love: That’s no small feat!
:love:
sounds awful
Was. A lot. Very much less awful now. Actually able to enjoy the good parts atm. And paint colour decisions are made for now so I’m less taxed by the white water rafting decisionmaking ride.
I too have noticed major improvements in stuff that's been jarred for over six months! So much so that I've made that my target -- six months in the jar before I smoke a major amount. (They're always "little" taste tests going on, however.) :Rasta:
:thumb: Although...
Another reason to hold back as much as you can for a longer cure.

it could be a bit dependent on variety... and preferences (like always ;) )

Ive grown a cross of Golden Tiger x Northern Lights that I absolutely preferred when it was much fresher - 3 week cure. Once it had been in jar for a long time I found it too heart-rate elevating, a quality it didn’t have initially. For someone else that might be perfect.

It’s satisfying to know tho. Now I can confidently grow this again and just know not to smoke it for a good while.

In the dark, everything is a thing. :)
o_O :D
major PItA regardless of whether it's going well and incredibly stressful when there are things that aren't
We’re back in the former now thanks goodness! Painting a couple of my walls black today. :slide: Enjoying the fun parts (I cant paint - too vigorous - but I’m managing some edging and cutting-in).
:love:Take care of yourself sweet Amy.
:hug: thanks boo
:thumb::high-five::bravo::surf: you had better rest and take care:love:
Thanks buddy :hug: Im doing my best! It’s hard to rest w everything going on - even when it’s all going well. Too exciting :love:

Nice to see you all. :ciao: :circle-of-love:

So - I’ll try that again... tokes... journals! gardens! plants!
:passitleft: :surf:

Back
Top Bottom