Anonurse's Soil - Grow Tent - Sour D - 2015

Ouch.

Well I tried to get you to put the tea in a long time ago to clean up the soil and recondition it. You possibly could throw in some Hydro bacteria like Orca and maybe that will help break down the stuff in there.

I can't remember now but did you do a flush?

I think my original advice was do a strong flush and the put in the tea and pH it down. That is my standard cure all. In your case go get some Orca...then put it under the bathtub faucet and run it for 15 min and flush the hell out of it. Then mix up a batch of pH'd water with some Orca and some enzymes and finish the flush with 5 gallons of pHd water with microbes and enzymes. Make sure all of it drains out That will take a week to come back but that should break down whatever is left after the flush and maybe then we will be back on track...assuming we don't have an infection.

UPDATE TIME:

Harvest time is around the corner. Trichomes are opaque, orange hairs shooting out, and pistils beginning to orange as well. I've been using a feeding schedule for Earth Juice that I found online, including the EJ Meta-K and Microblast. I've also been bubbling the nutrient solution 24-48 hours before application and the buds are looking great, regardless of the fact that the majority of fan leaves and sugar leaves are looking like ****. I also recently hung the hygrometer in the middle of the canopy. This helped me to realize the temps are closer to 91 degrees for the plant.

Here's a list of areas I messed up and want to implement for my next endeavor:
o pH corrections (calibrating pH pen once a month, correct pH after adding nutes? Etc.)
o Even canopy techniques: scrogging, lollypopping etc.
o Diagnosing problems
o New watering system (so i don't have to take plants out of tent every time I water)
o Electricity meters to calculate energy costs (cuz holy ****, my bill went up 100% - I was also using 200 watt room air purifier for a while until I saw the bill)
o Hygrometer hanging over canopy at apex for more accurate temperature reading

And heres the plan for the following week:
o Today will be my last feeding (I read that for organics you theoretically can feed till just before harvest but playing it safe)
o Plain RO water on Monday, Wed
o No water Thu-Fri
o 24 hours darkness Fri
o Harvest Sat

Wish me luck!!! :Namaste:

Final Update:

Harvested on 2/20. Wet weight was 381g after manicuring all buds.
16663.JPG

Placed on drying rack in tent. Temps were constant at 73F and humidity 45-50.
22341.JPG

Buds were already looking too dry after 3 days of drying so I moved to cure. Dry weight was 88g.
DSC_021420.JPG

Doesn't smell very good at the moment (kinda like mowed grass) will test smoke out this weekend after 5 days curing.
DSC_021523.JPG

DSC_021817.JPG

DSC_022114.JPG

And yeah i realize i need to work on manicuring lol. Well on the the next (outdoor) grow.
:thanks::420::cool::peacetwo:

if you harvested 2/20 you may have jar'd those too soon. burp then a few times a day to start with or they may mold and you lose it all.

if you harvested 2/20 you may have jar'd those too soon. burp then a few times a day to start with or they may mold and you lose it all.
Yeah i was planning on at least 5 days drying time. The stems were cracking easily and 75% of weight was lost so I went ahead and started to cure before they got too dry.

I left them in jars over night, in the AM i noticed they are not sweating and they feel the same as they did before I put them in.

I will be burping the jars 2 times a day for 10 minutes each.

If that be the case you may have dried too fast. It will all work but may not smoke well. You will just have to wait and see :)

good job though...you made some weed!

:thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom