Anonurse's Soil - Grow Tent - Sour D - 2015

Nah...7 is fine for soil. You are on the verge. But you should be fine.

Can you post a pic of the whole plant so I can see the overall physiology?

I'm late but sub'ed now. Nice job and recovery with your grow.

Thanks for the sub... and I wouldn't say I technically recovered. Maybe if u looked at it from the journal from beginning to end I suppose, but currently, plant is sickly cuz I'm a :clown:. Lol.

Here's yah go my man. Pictures are a little blurry but they were taken last night. I can retake if needed. As u can see, fan leaves are all yellow.
DSC_018922.JPG

DSC_018829.JPG

You are doing fine man. I bet you have learned a lot and next time will be even better. That will get you some good weed though.

So i dont know wtf... plant looks like it's literally dying. Just watered, used same nutrient solution as last posted.
Intake: pH - 6.0, ppm 427
Output: pH - 6.93, ppm 950
Leaf tips curling up, still have some red stems... even leafs around buds are yellowing...:lot-o-toke: Wish I had more positive things to say lol.
DSC_019724.JPG

DSC_019622.JPG

DSC_019522.JPG

DSC_019426.JPG

DSC_019323.JPG

Oh yah... temps have been 73-88F, humidity lowest 42 and highest 82 ( i know way too high, accidentally turned inline fan to low at night)

You are still messing up your pH.

You need to slow down when measuring. You need to calibrate you pen regularly.

Are you using a 2 digit or 3 digit pen? If only 2 it is easy to mess it up because you don't see that it is still changing. Mix up the solution, wait 15 min and take measurements for 5 min. no joke slow way down. eventually you will not need to take so long. you will learn how to do it better. But until then take the time. with my 3 digit pen it can take more than a minute to cycle up from say 5.60 to 5.70 but the whole time it is changing in the same direction and it will keep going and may end up around 6.4 so you must understand that you can't just put it in there and read it.

Swish it around and wait a solid 5 min after letting the solution settle for 15. then you may have a reading you can believe. However then you may need to add something and wait again.

I guarantee the issue is you think you are measuring the pH and you are measuring it wrong. That was your issue in the beginning, middle and now still.

Have patience

uggghghhh yeah that's what i was thinking too. this sucks. Leaves are probably not going to recover as is. My question is.... Do you think this is due to alkalinity or acidity?

Forgot to answer your question. I have a 3 digit pen and have been waiting a little over a minute for the numbers to stop bouncing around before applying it to the plant. So at this point, with how ugly this thing is, I'm going to go to my hydro store and pick up a flush. Hope that will be the remedy. I will also check the pH pen calibration again using reference solution.
You are still messing up your pH.

You need to slow down when measuring. You need to calibrate you pen regularly.

Are you using a 2 digit or 3 digit pen? If only 2 it is easy to mess it up because you don't see that it is still changing. Mix up the solution, wait 15 min and take measurements for 5 min. no joke slow way down. eventually you will not need to take so long. you will learn how to do it better. But until then take the time. with my 3 digit pen it can take more than a minute to cycle up from say 5.60 to 5.70 but the whole time it is changing in the same direction and it will keep going and may end up around 6.4 so you must understand that you can't just put it in there and read it.

Swish it around and wait a solid 5 min after letting the solution settle for 15. then you may have a reading you can believe. However then you may need to add something and wait again.

I guarantee the issue is you think you are measuring the pH and you are measuring it wrong. That was your issue in the beginning, middle and now still.

Have patience

Well...my pH meter was the culprit i believe. When in neutral 7.0 solution it registered at 7.55. I decided to try flushing for my first time in order to correct the ph.
1st flush: 1gal distilled water
ph in - 6.55 ppm in - 0
ph out - 7.17 ppm out - 771
2nd flush (after 15 minute wait): 1 gal distilled water
ph in - 6.39 ppm in - 0
ph out - 7.15 ppm out - 472
3rd flush (after 15 minute wait): 1 gal RO water with nutes
ph in - 5.22 ppm in - 250
ph out - 6.54 ppm out - 394

So I'm sure all I accomplished by doing this was water logging the plant. It probably wishes it had a different owner :goof:.

LOL...:rofl:

You are funny man....

So even with that you need to slow down. Weed is a game of Patience. You are moving so fast I can't even help you LOL.

Sounds like the flush worked though. We shall see.

Your biggest problem is this happened in bloom. so the plant is not growing any more fan leaves. so now every square inch of what it left is very important. do not remove anything unless it want to gently fall off. We have reduced Photosynthesis now so we need to cut way back on the nutes to prevent burn.

It should take a week to dry out now. At that time lets look at it but I think you want to just put int enzymes and cal mag for the next watering. Then 2 watering out we may need to use something like MOAB that is 0 Nitrogen and has some Phos and Potassium.

I guarantee the next plant you grow will be happy you learned all this stuff on this one. :thumb:

Distilled water has no minerals, is your tap that bad? I have seen DI water stress plants.

Cheers

Man... this just happened so quick you know? I should have acted sooner to correct the discoloration but I've been busy working. Am I the only one that dreams of growing cannabis as a full time career? I would gladly leave nursing for that.

I'll refrain from pruning dead leaves from now on thanks for the advice.Was flushing a good/bad idea? And are you saying I shouldn't have to water for a week, that's the way it sounded lol.

I didn't use distilled H20 for any particular reason. I think I just had seen a couple of youtube videos where they use distilled to flush and that's what popped in my mind. Should've read up on it some more.
Distilled water has no minerals, is your tap that bad? I have seen DI water stress plants.

Cheers

yeah don't quit yer day job just yet ...LOL

:Namaste:

Wait until you try hydro.

So if it happened quick in soil then you have a real problem and flushing was a good idea. Nothing happens quick in soil. You had a long process of failure there which resulted in everything failing rather quickly...but it was going on for a while. You built up to a bad spot and probably had toxic levels of nutes in there. That is what your flush data is showing you. You were getting more out then you should be putting in.

Just relax and give this one some love and attention and patience. The next one will be decent. Maybe after that you will get a good one and even after that you might get a great one. But it takes years to become a truly knowledgeable grower.

How many books on Horticulture have you read? How many books on Cannabis cultivation have you read? Get a couple of each and a book on microorganisms in soil. Then you will be on the path to greatness.

Lmao. Thanks I was about to put my 2 week notice in until this thing started dying :winkyface:. I'll ride this grow out till the end. Hope I can at least end this journal on a positive note i.e. survived till harvest and buds are somewhat pleasurable. Thanks for all ur help thus far.

So you say I "...probably had toxic levels of nutes in there," yet a couple of days ago suggested that I was underfeeding, "Even at half the recommended dosage you should be in the few hundreds" when referring to ppm intake. So my question is... should output ppm always be less than or equal to intake ppm?

I'm trying to decide if the root of my problem is pH imbalance or nutrient toxicity.

This whole thing started the day AFTER I doubled the nutrient intake. Was feeding with 2 mls grow, 6 mls bloom, 1.3 mls catalyst. Then used 4mls grow, 10mls bloom, 3 mls catalyst. Next day the plant started yellowing etc.

Ha...

Sooooo

Runoff is a sign of what is going on and can help but is not reliable in some cases and not to be trusted as an absolute. But yes if run off is higher than what you should be putting in the you have some issue. Now the real question is what is the issue and you are totally missing the point.

You have toxic soil from lockout. You keep adding in stuff that isn't getting used and you show deficiencies because of lockout. If you ever got the pH to magically be right then you would burn the plants.

My bad was thinking you had pH under control so I assumed the deficiency was lack of nutes.

Now you can get strong run off and that may be due to a number of things and the nute profile of the run off may be totally something else. so there is a lot of problems measuring nute runoff. but it is a sign and in a clean healthy system the run off is close to the pH of the water being put in. When you have a big change in pH, like yours, and a lot of PPM in the runoff we have a dirty system.

Likely lots of the nutes that were added are all turned into unusable salts now. The bacteria will help this a lot. I suspect that if you add some bacteria and some sugars to the mix then the soil may come back but you need the soil to be down a lot closer to where to posted it is now. 7 or below is where you want it. closer to 6.4 is better but for the bacteria they want to be at 7. The difference in 7 to 6.4 is nearly nothing though so try to get it down there and drop the bacteria in there to clean up the mess.

Just watered and I'm still having severe problems with alkalinity.
1 gal RO water
-Intake 6.13 pH, ppm 7
-Output 7.32, ppm 357
I added another 1/2 gal to try and correct pH
-Intake 5.63, 7
-Out 7.15, 380

Also, I think some of the buds that I sexed successfully produced seeds. I see some sugary fruits.

Back
Top Bottom