Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

The first arrow is for the mars 700. which is just one picture.
the second arrow is for the two p300 pics.
and yeah a couple years is a different story =p (unless you put it up on craigslist/ebay, or sell to a new growing friend, get maybe 50-75% of your investment back and trade up.)

all that aside, I hope your grow continues to head in the right direction!!!:bravo:

Not to try and change your nutes or anything like that Antics but have you ever looked at Mykos extreme gardening, I'm using it this grow for better root development and to combat rot it's a beneficial bacteria as for soil they say to put some in your dirt and it does the rest on it's own helps with the nute uptake. Might help you out if your getting a lock out somewhere, it was like 20 bucks so I thought I'd give it a try and it's powder form so it lasts a while. these guys were almost dead a couple time made a world of difference for me glad I didn't toss them out.
420_pics_0093.jpg

Antics your baby is so inspiring! She's been through so much, and she just keeps fighting and keeping on growing, thanks to your hard work of course but she's such a strong little cutie :3

Antics,
I am currently on my 4th grow with LED's, 2 Kessil h350 magenta and 2 Full Spectrum LED Spots for side lighting, in a 4x4x8 home made box, with average temps at 75 and humidity at 50 to 60 percent, with a space heater. My findings show that because of the of led's and the lack of heat produced, the plants perspiration is lower causing it to use less water making over watering easily accomplished. To remedy this issue, First I had to change my pots to fabric allowing a lot more air flow to the roots. Second, I had to cut back my watering schedule to once a week if I was lucky, but my nutrients were lacking because of this. Third, I had to bring in the heater to keep temps up and to dry out the air a bit (mini office space heater with a fan works GREAT!). Because the plant perspire less and use less water, the humidity in my box became an issue, the Heater and the fabric pots solved that problem and also caused the soil to dry out faster allowing me to get on a more regular 2 to 3 day feeding schedule. I know the heater and Fabric pots are added Cost ($75.00) but it has helped me regain a balanced environment and has also increased my yields because of the added nutrients.

Green & Peace
Chabby

Thanks man.. now you're making me think a little here. Or maybe it's just the Sativa and I'm over thinking it...

But is there a difference between the heat the plant receives from the ambient air temperature, and the heat the plant receives from the light source?

But you're kind of reinforcing what I was thinking, about giving slightly less water, with a slightly stronger nutrient concentration, so thank you. I think I'm headed on the right path now!

The first arrow is for the mars 700. which is just one picture.
the second arrow is for the two p300 pics.
and yeah a couple years is a different story =p (unless you put it up on craigslist/ebay, or sell to a new growing friend, get maybe 50-75% of your investment back and trade up.)

all that aside, I hope your grow continues to head in the right direction!!!:bravo:

Ok I gotcha now, thanks for clarifying!
As for now, I'm going to keep the light, and do my best. Sara at TopLED is really awesome to deal with, and honestly for what I paid, regardless of efficiency, I'm saving a lot on my power bill (cut wattage used from CFLs over 50%), so I'm happy right now.

Not to try and change your nutes or anything like that Antics but have you ever looked at Mykos extreme gardening, I'm using it this grow for better root development and to combat rot it's a beneficial bacteria as for soil they say to put some in your dirt and it does the rest on it's own helps with the nute uptake. Might help you out if your getting a lock out somewhere, it was like 20 bucks so I thought I'd give it a try and it's powder form so it lasts a while. these guys were almost dead a couple time made a world of difference for me glad I didn't toss them out.
420_pics_0093.jpg

I've already considered it a few times, but I've been reading mixed reviews on using Mycorrhizae with synthetic/chemical nutes. Some say it's fine, and others say as soon as you add the synthetics, it kills the mycorrhizae. So I'm not sure what to believe... but I did read a bit about the mycorrhizae, and they help just as you've said, and I also read they act as almost like a surface area enhancer on the roots, helping the plant absorb more, as well as breaking down some nutes to let the plant absorb them easier.

It's DEFINITELY something I'd jump into using, but not if synthetic/chemical nutes harm them. I don't like tossing money away.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Antics your baby is so inspiring! She's been through so much, and she just keeps fighting and keeping on growing, thanks to your hard work of course but she's such a strong little cutie :3

Thanks lol. Believe it or not, this Sunday she will be 6 weeks old. I'm going to keep fighting and keeping her going. It would have been easier to start over, but like I tell other growers having problems, there's more to learn by working to solving a problem, than running from a problem.
And plus the shit that one guy said... was just out of line and fucking rude. So my original goal with this plant was 3.15 ounces... I'm still planning to try to hit that goal, but my real focus will be on 4 ounces +. DRY.

Like I said earlier on, I can totally accept mistakes, and failures and move on from them and learn from them, but when people say such negative things, completely unprovoked, and tell me I'm only going to get 1/2 ounce? Hahahahaha Oh man... I'll make sure I exceed that ONLY to spite him for that negativity.

I got over 2 ounces from one plant on 5 weeks Veg time, no problems, and CFLs, I'm sure I can double that, enjoy my smoke, and laugh all the way to the cure jars with my LED.

And while you're all here... if you guys haven't seen it yet, check out Green Kitty's grow. It's their first grow, with an auto, well into flower now, and it has been an amazing grow so far, and GK doesn't have a scope, so they're going to need some more experienced opinions to help pinpoint the exact harvest date! Thanks guys and gals!

And while you're all here... if you guys haven't seen it yet, check out Green Kitty's grow. It's their first grow, with an auto, well into flower now, and it has been an amazing grow so far, and GK doesn't have a scope, so they're going to need some more experienced opinions to help pinpoint the exact harvest date! Thanks guys and gals!

I checked in on Green Kitty's grow quite amazing from so little. Still think kitty has a way to go with that plant.

I checked in on Green Kitty's grow quite amazing from so little. Still think kitty has a way to go with that plant.

Agreed, I think they have a little time to go as well, but shit man... that plant puts the autos I grew for my first time to shame. Very good training was done, the plant has a great shape, and should see some really nice buds.

Oh my god, thanks for talking about my grow in the ways that you did :thanks:

We're definitely ready to take our time with the plant, it's just very exciting watching the buds grow :cheer:

Again thank you so much for mentioning my grow! :love: And on my second grow I'll have more equipment and I'll also try to do even better, just like Antics, you're an inspiration to us all :green_heart:

I'm currently using Mychirrizae with my nutes so when my grow is all done I'll have a paw through my coir and see if it lived or died.. I'll let you know lol

I'm in for the grow Antics. An LED grow light is at the top of my wish list, although I had great luck with CFLs myself. It will be interesting to watch yours grow. These lights fascinate me.

I haven't had time to research your strain or the light as I'd like to do. I would think it's hard to miss with a third runner up though. I'm interested in watching your reuse of that soil. I know what you mean about the expense of amendments. I never anticipated getting carried away with soil building, but I'm treating it like an art project and using a hobby budget with some med budget to supplement it. Not something everyone would be able to do. Honestly, on our income, I have really stressed the budget. In time I know we will be thankful we made the investment. I was uncomfortable with the idea of using chemical fertilizers.

This will be fun.

When I get Dale home I'll take the time to catch up on your grow. At this point I'm one page in.:laughtwo: I can see there's much to learn. Another seminar weekend.

Sweetsue you can use organic nutes too, Like BP has their standard hydro lineup, and a organic kit too. Great for hempy grows. And coco/perlite comes out alot cheaper than soil does.

Great White has a water soluble powder for hydro, they also have one made to be put into your soil. I forget what they are called but I know they make em. Great White is phenomenal.

Just stoppin by to give you some good vibes Antics! Much love and respect brother. Hope all is well :)

Oh my god, thanks for talking about my grow in the ways that you did :thanks:

We're definitely ready to take our time with the plant, it's just very exciting watching the buds grow :cheer:

Again thank you so much for mentioning my grow! :love: And on my second grow I'll have more equipment and I'll also try to do even better, just like Antics, you're an inspiration to us all :green_heart:

You're welcome! You seriously did a great job, and deserve recognition for your efforts :thumb:
As long as you take what you learned on this grow, and continue to improve your technique, your second grow is going to be even better!

I'm currently using Mychirrizae with my nutes so when my grow is all done I'll have a paw through my coir and see if it lived or died.. I'll let you know lol

That would be great man, but aren't Mycorrhizae microscopic? How will you be able to see them?

I'm in for the grow Antics. An LED grow light is at the top of my wish list, although I had great luck with CFLs myself. It will be interesting to watch yours grow. These lights fascinate me.

I haven't had time to research your strain or the light as I'd like to do. I would think it's hard to miss with a third runner up though. I'm interested in watching your reuse of that soil. I know what you mean about the expense of amendments. I never anticipated getting carried away with soil building, but I'm treating it like an art project and using a hobby budget with some med budget to supplement it. Not something everyone would be able to do. Honestly, on our income, I have really stressed the budget. In time I know we will be thankful we made the investment. I was uncomfortable with the idea of using chemical fertilizers.

This will be fun.

Well here's the link to the strain: ! Green House Big Bang Autoflowering Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds
The specs seem to have changed from when I bought it, which was really annoying to me, as I discussed and ranted about on an earlier page in the journal, which can be read here: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

This is a link to the light: LED Grow Light 100x3w - Mars Hydro

I have access to amazing compost, so it's not that I don't have it. I have a compost bin outside for all my leaves, vegetable scraps, garden trimming, grass clippings, etc.. I just don't want to bring it inside and introduce bugs into my garden, or my house for that matter.
I'd love to do some indoor compost, but a house built around the turn of the century doesn't offer much room for growing. The basement is out of the question, even running a humidifier 24/7 it stays too humid for flowering plants. So all I have is a small closet, but it's more than some other folks have, so I'm not complaining :thumb:

When I get Dale home I'll take the time to catch up on your grow. At this point I'm one page in.:laughtwo: I can see there's much to learn. Another seminar weekend.

Well, you didn't miss too much, basic summary: Seed popped on page 3, from there I had some deformed leaves from the LED being used too early/too close. After that I had curling leaf margins, deficiencies, and here I am today, still working on the problems.
Take your time getting caught up, I'll have several months to go into this grow.. at least 3-4 months I figure to make up for lost time, so get yourselves situated and come back when you have time. I'll still be chugging along in the journal.

Great White has a water soluble powder for hydro, they also have one made to be put into your soil. I forget what they are called but I know they make em. Great White is phenomenal.

Just stoppin by to give you some good vibes Antics! Much love and respect brother. Hope all is well :)

Thanks for the tip. I found their company site and they have some great comparison pictures of plants grown with, and without it to compare side by side. It appears to make a huge difference. I'll likely finish this grow in soil (or at least try to..) without Mycorrhizae, and start using it when I switch over to coco.

As for my grow.. that brings us to a small update for now. I don't see any more spreading of the deficiencies. I made a small mark on one of the leaves with the iron deficiency, and the yellowing hasn't advanced beyond that mark, which was made 2 days ago. However I lost quite a few fan leaves over the last couple days.. 5 or 6 leaves now have fallen off on their own, or when touched, so they were ready to fall anyways. The plant itself appears to be picking up in growth a little for now, and I have removed the top 2-3" of dry soil to expose the wetter soil underneath to speed up the drying process which has been working great so far.

I've been googling them and the pictures suggest that they should appear like a mould (fluffy) and a different colour from the root hairs, and there should be thick nodules at the places where the roots and the mycorra intersect.

Sweet update man. If you're losing that many leaves due to deficiencies you need to up the nutrients some more. The more leaves ya got on her the more nutrients you need to support all of the growth.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures man. I always enjoy looking at your grow.

Antics , glad your plant seems to be turning around or you at least got it headed in the right direction. I use synthetic nute and the Mykos doesn't seem to have any ill affects actually this is my BEST grow so far I haven't had any deficiencies this round other than when I almost killed them a few times but that was all my own fault nothing to do with nutes. But this grow has been by far better learning curve for me instead of trying to keep a sterile buckets like my past grows. If you happen to try that Mykos let me know I would be very interested to see how it performs in dirt for you. I know the water uptake for my plants has doubled I can't go a full week anymore I'm adding water back in 2 times a week. Dam I sound like I'm promoting for the company LOL I'm not just happy to found that one piece I've been seeming to be missing in my other grows and hope it can help somebody like it has me.

I've been googling them and the pictures suggest that they should appear like a mould (fluffy) and a different colour from the root hairs, and there should be thick nodules at the places where the roots and the mycorra intersect.

Well that's great news man, I'm looking forward to your results! In the meantime if I find a good deal on some, I might test it out myself on this grow just for the hell of it, assuming it's cheap enough to experiment with.

Sweet update man. If you're losing that many leaves due to deficiencies you need to up the nutrients some more. The more leaves ya got on her the more nutrients you need to support all of the growth.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures man. I always enjoy looking at your grow.

I threw my clamp light in for some picture updates today, so it helps a little on some pictures, but on others, the LED is just too strong for the light and my camera's flash, so it washes it out. It looks a lot better, and I'm seeing promising leaf growth to replace the ones that were lost, but I'm not even worried about those, they were all just fan leaves off the stem, and the way I plan to train the plant, they would be completely replaced anyways.

Antics , glad your plant seems to be turning around or you at least got it headed in the right direction. I use synthetic nute and the Mykos doesn't seem to have any ill affects actually this is my BEST grow so far I haven't had any deficiencies this round other than when I almost killed them a few times but that was all my own fault nothing to do with nutes. But this grow has been by far better learning curve for me instead of trying to keep a sterile buckets like my past grows. If you happen to try that Mykos let me know I would be very interested to see how it performs in dirt for you. I know the water uptake for my plants has doubled I can't go a full week anymore I'm adding water back in 2 times a week. Dam I sound like I'm promoting for the company LOL I'm not just happy to found that one piece I've been seeming to be missing in my other grows and hope it can help somebody like it has me.

That's more great news man... I'll definitely start looking around for some to try out then. I've seen some comparison pictures on one website and the differences were impressive. I love simple things like this that show amazing results :thumb:

And now for my update. No new water/nutes etc.. added.
Soil is still moist, but should be on track to water again in 3-4 days.
I have removed that plastic bag/deflector or whatever you want to call it tonight also, so I'll see what happens in about 12-24 hours.

I used a clamp light to add some light along with my camera's flash, but on some angles the LEDs are too bright and drown out the other light sources.

Overall plant:
2014-11-02_18-49-26_434.jpg

2014-11-02_18-49-43_735.jpg

This is where I FIM'ed, and this is the main top of the plant:
2014-11-02_18-50-29_905.jpg

This is what I'm going to call the second top, where I have not topped/FIM'ed yet, and this is also almost as tall as the main top now:
2014-11-02_18-50-48_326.jpg

And this is one of the bottom branches:
2014-11-02_18-50-14_28.jpg

And a couple leaf pics that show some of the past problems, which are currently no longer spreading:
2014-11-02_18-51-28_318.jpg
2014-11-02_18-51-51_527.jpg

As the plant gets taller, I'll be adding soil to fill the pot more also, in case anyone was saying to themselves "Why didn't you fill the pot with soil?!?!?!?"
Right now my lowest node is only about 1-2cm from the soil's surface, so I can't add anything yet.

The second picture looks like a bonsai, Bonsai Cannabis :) Your new growth looks very promising. Hope all will go smoother from now on brother!!!

Strange, the word Bonsai popped into my head as well when I saw that pic.

Regarding the Myco, I put it in before the seed went in, I'm not sure what kinda results you'd get this far in, since it can take a few weeks to colonise the soil/coir, so i wouldn't really suggest it for this grow unless your transplanting, and in that case I'd say prepare the pot, with the myco, and let it bed in for a week before you transplant (I've never tested this though)

Back
Top Bottom