Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

Still talking to him now lol.

His weed is supposedly 30% THC. But when asked the strain: "He's not sure.. Might be a hybrid"
Unless he had it tested by a lab, or knew what the strain was, there's no way to know THC content, am I right? (and there are no labs operating here that test Cannabis)

I really don't mean to sound like a snob or know-it-all, but I don't think his friends entirely know what they're talking about.
I'm just thinking this is the usual street bagweed everyone has smoked, and it's just being upsold with 30% THC to make people buy.

Thanks for the support Dan! If my SB doesn't win, it'll definitely hold its own, it's not garbage by any stretch of the imagination.

And in the same breath, below 8% THC can also be cured to perfection. And 25%+ can be dried and cured like crap, and still pack a nice whallop.

I remember people claiming 20's a few years back. Once I actually hit twenties I knew they were fucking liars. Most black market is 15-21 tops. 30 is very rare and would be swept up well before it hit the streets. My Dutch that tests 30+ is sold for 2000$ a lb then they sell for 14 a gram.

Thanks gents. Tomorrow will be the first day of 12/12 for CC and SB #1. Then the countdown begins :)

BB is still moving slowly. I'm betting that the SB Clone #2 beats her in growth, even though she started way behind.

Now when stretch begins, it's going to be fun keeping the canopies both even, trimming/tucking, and all that good stuff.

I forgot to mention above, I plan to take my clones from CC and SB #1 between 28-35 days in flower.

This is cool though, still smoking the harvest from September last year, haven't even started regularly smoking the most recent harvest of SB, and in like 9 weeks to maybe 11 weeks, I'll be harvesting 4 more. I'm going to have to start giving this shit away to more people or something lol.

Find me some Veterans with PTSD, they served, they deserve it man.

Hey Antics, im a Vet! Cannabis helps out with PTSD a lot more than people think. ;) So happy you made the flip, let the fun begin!

And I am with Dan on that one, Why try just one, May as well try all the techniques! Vape is always good for ya lol

I remember people claiming 20's a few years back. Once I actually hit twenties I knew they were fucking liars. Most black market is 15-21 tops. 30 is very rare and would be swept up well before it hit the streets. My Dutch that tests 30+ is sold for 2000$ a lb then they sell for 14 a gram.

Breeder claims a 20% THC level on the SB strain.
Seed Bank lists it as "< 20%" specifically.

I know I don't have a cup winner here, but I'd say it falls in the black market range you gave, at 15-21%. I think my harvest time being on point, with not too much amber, will make this Sativa stand out nicely though. Thanks for the input brother!

Hey Antics, im a Vet! Cannabis helps out with PTSD a lot more than people think. ;) So happy you made the flip, let the fun begin!

And I am with Dan on that one, Why try just one, May as well try all the techniques! Vape is always good for ya lol

Shit man if you were local I'd toss you a 1/4 or a 1/2 no problem. I read alot about the PTSD, specifically how it stops a lot of dreams from reoccurring, which was a big problem I read for a lot of PTSD patients, as well as a few folks I talked to with PTSD said the same thing.

I'm stoked about the flip man lol. I really want to see how the soil/LED/new nutes combination works out.
Especially the bloom boosters. This is my first time using them. I'm going to be running Crystal Burst (0-15-15) For weeks 1-2, then weeks 3-6 I'm switching to Sonic Bloom (0-51-34), then back to Crystal Burst for week 7 (and maybe 8), then the flush.

Last year's grow I saw some decent buds and colas with a plain nutes/cfl/soil combination, so I'm hoping the new nutes with LED make a huge difference in size.

I'd want to start with my tvape, since it hits really hard, and I'd shut him down immediately with that lol. If he remembers anything, next time he sees his friends, he'll have a nice story to tell them about the time he smoked better Cannabis than theirs.

But it's easier with the pipes, since I have 3 pipes that can all be cashed and packed and ready to go. We'll see how long he plans on staying, that'll influence what we use as well. After everything was said and done, he then asked if I could show him how to change his oil, so I'm guessing the 1/2 was a barter to teach him how to do an oil change. I could have done that for free and saved him the $140 he paid for the 1/2, which seems way high, especially buying from friends.

lol thanks man. Yeah, so that's why I was medically cleared to medicate freely. It actually put a complete stop to my dreams. There were so lucid and vivid! Luckily, and feeling a millions times better, cannabis does the trick. Its great that your familiar with it. Its becoming more of a common issue with vets these days and if cannabis helps, then hook em up! lol

Yeah, im interested to see how the CC turns out. Im very interested in the strain. Some pretty hefty NPK ratios you got in them nutes. I would think you should see a major difference with changes in nutes and lighting from last time. I bet you shock yourself. Hell, I hope you are shocked lol BRING ON THOSE BUDS! :morenutes:

Keep in mind those are the bloom boosters, the normal 3 part nutes are:

Micro 5-0-1
Grow 2-3-6
Bloom 0-5-4

For flower, I'll also be using:
Magnum, which is a magnesium supplement
Deep Breath for weeks 1-2, claimed to be a yield booster
Gravitation #10 for weeks 3-7, which is also claimed to be a yield booster
Snow Storm Ultra, which is listed as an additive
Killer Tea, which is also listed as an additive.

For Veg, the plants receive:
Micro, Grow, Bloom
Deep Breath (yield booster for Veg use and early Flower)
Snow Storm Ultra
Killer Tea

So far I have loved growing CC. But the yield and potency is obviously the end game everyone wants to see. She was Vegged for a total of 7 weeks and 2 days. So we'll see how she does in 9-10 weeks

:thumb:

it will blow away 90+% of what you've bought.
Yeah my first grow I wasn't sure about anything. Read Jorge Cervantes Guide to Indoor Marijuana Horticulture. I came here to read...blah blah blah. First Harvest My girl said it was the best she ever smoked. That was about 8 harvests ago. I was no gardener either. Now I love this growing thing and I want my plants come out as best as possible. The next grow is Doc's Kit but I gotta wait for the summer tier energy charges to go away before bloom begins in September, Harvest in December - Happy New Year etc. So I have to time everything just right, clones, veg time, maybe some super-cropping and then transplant to Doc's HB soil and push to bloom - I might make a journal out of it - we'll see.

I'm sure most of the street stuff, at least around here, is much less than 15. Probably closer to 10. I am very interested to see how a proper dry and cure on a decent grow will compare to what I've purchased off the street.

If you're anything like me, the first words out of your mouth will be some sort of profanity in a happy exclamation when you first try it. Something like "Holy shit" Or similar.

You'll never want to buy it again. Guaranteed.

I'm sure most of the street stuff, at least around here, is much less than 15. Probably closer to 10. I am very interested to see how a proper dry and cure on a decent grow will compare to what I've purchased off the street.

I am very curious about this very thing myself. In fact, it occupies too many of my thoughts. haha. Cant wait to find out.

Well unfortunately the day didn't go as planned.

He ended up getting here late, so we did the oil change, and decided to just smoke my SB that I had rolled up. I'll be smoking his tomorrow and giving opinion on it since he said he's had it before.

The weed he brought smelled ok, cure was a little better than mine, but nothing impressive. Gonna put them under the scope tomorrow to check for trichomes. Need to get an accurate weight, but in the bag it came in at 19.51g.

He had a beer, and was finishing a second while we were smoking. He's been drinking for years, so he can handle his alcohol. No alcohol for me.

I ended up rolling it a bit too tight, so hits weren't as easy to take as I wanted, but it worked.

While we were smoking he told me it's ok, but a little weak, it's like I'm breathing air, gotta try my buddies shit, one hit will fuck you up..

And I figured I just rolled it too tight and screwed the pooch.

We went back inside the house, we order some subs. My girlfriend and I went to pick them up, no lie, a complete round trip is 10 minutes or less, Mapping sites would say would probably say much less, but I'm counting from the time we walked out of the house, to the time we walked back in after picking up the subs.

Guess who was sleeping on my fucking couch. :rofl:

I was pretty high, but perfectly functional. Well, I still am. Feeling real nice and level, and going to grab another cup of coffee after I post this.

:rollit:

High Antics. :circle-of-love:

High Sara, thanks for stopping in!

It's amazing how well the plants do under the Old Model LED lights. Here's a picture of my Cotton Candy from a few days ago, I'll have to take some new ones today when lights come on :thumb:
IMG_20150515_183848_514.jpg

Hi Antics your grows seems to be going great, so congrats on that. whats your curing rules, how often to you open the jar to brup? and how long do you then leave the buds out to dry b4 putting them back into the jar to keep on curing? Also curios about misting your plants with spray, do you do that in your closet?

For drying and curing, I won't be the best person to answer those questions. I'm still trying to get a handle on it myself, so my advice would be as useful in trying to advise someone on rocket science (I'm not a rocket scientist lol)

As for spray, foliar sprays are up to the individual grower. I personally don't really use them, whether it be water or diluted nutes.

This is a great guide on foliar spraying: How do I foliar feed?

Update with some pictures.

Cotton Candy is still doing great. The new nutes seem to be working out well, with minimal burn on tips, and minimal deficiencies.
IMG_20150518_082557_940.jpg

We also have some calyxes and pistils making an appearance, not sure if these would still be considered preflowers though.
IMG_20150518_082538_108.jpg

SB Clone #1 is also doing well, no problems or complaints, and she's also showing pistils and calyxes:
IMG_20150518_082903_261.jpg

IMG_20150518_083454_239.jpg

Big Bitch is small and really, really dense. She also had a couple leaves under all the branches that were dried up and dead:
IMG_20150518_084223_090.jpg

So I started some LST on her, and did a very, very mild defol of just a few leaves:
IMG_20150518_090540_610.jpg

And SB Clone #2 is doing alright, mild deficiency, which I won't even bother looking up at this time:
IMG_20150518_084141_867.jpg

Flowering girls have a couple more days to ge before they get their first feeding of flowering nutes.

The Vegging girls were just watered and fed today, a nice healthy dose with good runoff, which I'm guessing should stop the def. showing on SB2.

Back
Top Bottom