Are you all familiar

Treeman59

420 Member
Ok I read ur comments about Christmas tree Bud. In late 70's there was some reminded me of a Christmas tree smell it was called SENSAMELLIA (DON'T KNOW IF I SPELLED IT RT)BUT it was sticky, very strong and resin at top of joint. Now remind u, this was a time they didn't have all the strains they hv today, but that was the real Christmas tree bud. It was little nuggets of fire. And one more before that one we smoked was called REDBUD, ,It was reg big buds, very sweet & very very sticky when u smoked it. At the end of joint where the resin was it was thick resin, u could touch it & it would be so much on ur finger & lips, u'd wanted to lick it off because it was so sweet & strong. I'd love to have some REDBUD. I'm just wondering if anyone on here my age that remembers either one of these or both. But a way, that SENSAMELLIA was the true Christmas tree Bud. Dang I miss it. Out of both I mentioned neither were Harsh. I remember the Columbian back then tasted like Mop Strings and harsh as crap. Ok well it's good to tell y'all a little bit of my experience in bud & I look forward to learning a lot about the other Strains. Take a toke for me!!!

Welcome to the forum @Treeman59 :welcome:

For those who don’t grow cannabis, sensimilla may sound like a specific strain, when in actuality, it’s a female plant that has been prevented from being fertilized and therefore grows without seeds. Most people want to grow sensimilla plants because it produces flower with a higher THC content, versus putting all of its energy into producing seeds.

:welcome:

Ok I read ur comments about Christmas tree Bud. In late 70's there was some reminded me of a Christmas tree smell it was called SENSAMELLIA (DON'T KNOW IF I SPELLED IT RT)BUT it was sticky, very strong and resin at top of joint. Now remind u, this was a time they didn't have all the strains they hv today, but that was the real Christmas tree bud. It was little nuggets of fire. And one more before that one we smoked was called REDBUD, ,It was reg big buds, very sweet & very very sticky when u smoked it. At the end of joint where the resin was it was thick resin, u could touch it & it would be so much on ur finger & lips, u'd wanted to lick it off because it was so sweet & strong. I'd love to have some REDBUD. I'm just wondering if anyone on here my age that remembers either one of these or both. But a way, that SENSAMELLIA was the true Christmas tree Bud. Dang I miss it. Out of both I mentioned neither were Harsh. I remember the Columbian back then tasted like Mop Strings and harsh as crap. Ok well it's good to tell y'all a little bit of my experience in bud & I look forward to learning a lot about the other Strains. Take a toke for me!!!
1603721073549.png

Redbud was Colombian Punto Rojo, it was grown in the low land jungles of Colombia. Xmas Bud was a pure indica grown most likely in Virginia. They both are available today if you want to google them.

We used to get Christmas bud in BC for a short period about 30 years ago then it disappeared. A lot of people remember it from the old days- all over the US and Canada. Smelled just like. Christmas tree, had more of what I think of now as a sativa high, but it’s been a long time.

Icemud worked super hard to find this strain again.

you can find some of his info here

Sort of funny- those lost strains weren’t lost because they just wandered off, or fell out of someone’s vehicle on the way to the grow room. They just accidentally got bred out of existence by people like us with good intentions, thinking they were going to create the next best thing. It’s hard to believe that the true skunkweed is gone. At least I’ve never smelt any for decades. The stuff that smelt just like you ran over a skunk. It was everywhere. Now it’s not. It’s odd.

those christmas strains were run here specifically for the seasonal market. they were around a long time. was simply called pine here. for some time i worked in a tourist area, and it was insanely popular among the travelers and guests. was one of the first strains actually marketed for a specific season.

Most of our bud was grown outdoors in those days. In BC the Christmas bud used to come along very late in the season like November and so we’d have it around at Christmas sometimes. Plus it smelled like a Christmas tree. In hindsight we thought maybe it was because it was more of a sativa plant and took a long time to flower therefore was a late harvest- but that could be wrong. We were just ignorant slaves to the dealer, and the dealer was usually even more ignorant.

Most of our bud was grown outdoors in those days. In BC the Christmas bud used to come along very late in the season like November and so we’d have it around at Christmas sometimes. Plus it smelled like a Christmas tree. In hindsight we thought maybe it was because it was more of a sativa plant and took a long time to flower therefore was a late harvest- but that could be wrong. We were just ignorant slaves to the dealer, and the dealer was usually even more ignorant.

it rolled through banff-jasper-whistler etc like thunder. tourists and snowboarders took it ( and stories ) all over the world.
there were smaller indoor growers for a while in canmore that ran it as well. not the easiest indoor. i did have it out of season a few times.

in summer they all wanted skunk, and just got whatever was the smelliest hybrid of the hour ..
i had some real skunk once, and folk were frightened by it. couldn't keep the odour contained. i had a chronic dutch friend who broke himself trying it one night .. he had a new respect for canada :laughtwo:

Those old strains are still around.Last christmas I gift wrapped 1/4 bags of christmas tree and played santa clause. My brother in law laughed and handed me a wrapped present. A puck of christmas tree hash. I have been keeping the one or two seeds my plants produced since the 70s. My EX wife thought it made more sense to put them all in one bigger jar rather than a bunch of small labeled ones. Not the only reason she is my ex.I now have a 15 strain, 35mm film canister of marijuana roulette.Been growing,identifying, and labeling seeds but the christmas tree didn't give a single one.If I could ID the seeds in the canister I would send both strains to you. Current wife is allergic to the pine terpins and I hate to see the lineage die. Some seed banks have the old school seeds but you have to read the specs. They crossed allot of the old strains with indica to make smaller faster plants for economic reasons and rutadella for auto flowering. If they claim 100% land strain sativa,seed to harvest in 8 weeks grows to 32 inches and up to a pound yield,,, they are lying bought something, don't waste your time and money.I ordered a few of my favorite land strains( mowi,tai,and lambs bread) from Nirvana seeds that grew and smoked identical to my older known landstrain jars.

Back
Top Bottom