Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

July 6 (Wednesday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 55, Early Miss 3 is 41, Train Wreck is 26, and the Quarter Pounder is 14 days old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 12-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 92 days old (day 27 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

Temps remain in the low 80s with humidity around 50%.

• QP got 2.16 liters of bubbled tap water at 5.8 PH and untested ppm (typically 150-160 here)
  • EM3 got soaked with half strength bloom nutes (6 liters with 15 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 3.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and .7 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 594 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f
  • PK got a mini-flush with quarter strength bloom nutes (8 liters with 10 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 2.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and .7 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 411 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f
  • LS2 got 360 ml of bubbled tap water at 5.8, about 170 ml directly over where she was planted, 180 in the tray, and the rest from misting the top to keep loose medium from blowing around in the fan

Our newest germination is our second Lemon Skunk Auto, who went into her pot tonight.

Spent a good chunk of time on our first Train Wreck auto. First time with the airpot and the frame, so I'm still figuring out how best to use it. I removed the soft wire tying up her undercarriage, then ended up replacing it with strings that I'm not really happy with. I'll reassess tomorrow.

Family pics:

QP at 14 days (9.74 lbs down from 10.36 yesterday, 14.50 after watering tonight):

TW at 26 days (26.78 lbs, down from 28.48 after watering yesterday):

Grabbing some pics of a couple of the autos out to play with their big sister:

EM3 at 41 days (10.30 lbs down from 15.68 yesterday, 23 lbs after watering tonight):

Cheryl (AH) at 55 days (17.90 lbs, down from 26.53 after watering yesterday) She'll be bone dry tomorrow, but I just didn't want to water her tonight. :

PK at 92 days, 27 days from flipping (22.04 lbs down from 24.98 yesterday, 35.86 after watering tonight):

Back in the tent:

Harvest Update

Previous dry weight posts:

Another catchup post. I forgot to post our third Candy Cane's dry weight, and today we jarred up our first Red Poison. She's likely still around 79%, so this isn't a final weight, but it is a maximum and sadly she won't be our new record. She's not far behind though, and hopefully with some more effort we can get the next one up higher.

First up is Candy Cane 3. In these pics her weight is around 166 grams, but was 164 by the time she hit around 62-65%.

Next is our first Red Poison at 200.9-201 grams. Again, these aren't her final numbers. But Jaybiz did remove just about any bit of stem on her, right up to and through most of the top colas. Doesn't make for NotM pics, but my best nug didn't get a single vote last month, so I'm going to stay away from that contest for the foreseeable future.

Running totals:

PlantWeight (grams)
DD​
NEM​
JH​
CR​
R2​
D2​
LS​
C3​
RP​
201 (* not final)
Total1375.7

According to jaybiz's spreadsheet, that's 48.5 ounces and we're averaging 5.4 ounces per plant. Still gotta crack that 250 gram mark, maybe our Amnesia Haze is up for the task.

Your posts are so eloquently put together, Holmes!

I love how smooth you transition between plants, scales and harvests! There's such symmetry through-out. :bravo:

+reps indeed!!

:adore:

:high-five:

Holy cow! Those are great harvests! Congratulations!! :passitleft:

Thanks Canna. :high-five:

We won't be able to do much better for numbers until we move out of the tents. I'm insanely jelly of the space you and Nis have and can't wait to spread out.

:passitleft:

Awesome numbers! this is over a period of 6 month?

I imagine the amount of work manucuring ...... and the sticky fingers! :)

Yeah, we started this grow and journal on Jan 01, so 6 months and 1 week today. :)

We didn't start the perpetual, every two weeks pop an auto schedule until March though. Probably should have started a new journal then, but figured we'd wait until the next major change (space, new medium or nutes, lights, something like that).

Either way we got ~570 grams from the first four we started as "the grow" for this journal, and ~805 from the next five started three months ago. The Strains are a bit all over the place, so the ounces-per-plant calc is not really an accurate representation. Red Poison is just a bigger strain than Dark Devil yet finish in a similar timeline, for example.

It's absolutely mind bogglin' to me we've manicured over 4 pounds of grass out of our little setup already. Thankfully we had latex gloves right from the very start.

:)

Your posts are so eloquently put together, Holmes!

I love how smooth you transition between plants, scales and harvests! There's such symmetry through-out. :bravo:

+reps indeed!!

:adore:

:high-five:

Thanks so much Pigeons! We still gotta work out a get together with ya. I need to see that extractor you got in person! Looks awesome!

I don't know if any of you follow Duggan, but you should. He's started his next journal. Hope to see you there. The man's a supercropping genius.

Duggan does Lilly and Laniakea with DBHBB, one "Kit", two pots, four plants.

Incidentally, I couldn't agree more with my friend Pigeons. I know you knew that, but it never hurts to let someone know how special they are. :hug: :love:

:love: right back at ya, right along with a deep and thorough :adore:

You DBHBB folks really are a supportive bunch. I'll of course be by to watch the show.

July 7 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 56, Early Miss 3 is 42, Train Wreck is 27, and the Quarter Pounder is 15 days old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 93 days old (day 28 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

Temps remain in the low 80s with humidity around 50%.

• Cheryl (AH) got soaked with 75% strength bloom nutes and fortifier (6.54 liters with 26 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 6.5 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1.3 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 779 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Our first Amnesia haze (Cheryl) got looking a little bleached out, she's been pretty close to the light for the last week or two, so we bumped it up a couple three inches or so. Other than that, it was a pretty easy night.

Family pics:

QP at 15 days (12.61 lbs, down from 14.50 yesterday):

TW at 27 days (24.45 lbs, down from 26.78 yesterday):

EM3 at 42 days (16.50 lbs, down from 23.00 yesterday) Odd how nice and round her numbers are here:

AH at 56 days (12.17 lbs down from 17.90 yesterday, 26.60 lbs after watering tonight):

PK at 93 days, 28 days from flipping (32.11 lbs, down from 25.86 after watering yesterday):

Back in the tent:

It's absolutely mind bogglin' to me we've manicured over 4 pounds of grass out of our little setup already. Thankfully we had latex gloves right from the very start.:)

If anyone knows a trick to get back the resin from those latex gloves (without getting poisonous stuff from the latex) , let us know :D lol

If anyone knows a trick to get back the resin from those latex gloves (without getting poisonous stuff from the latex) , let us know :D lol

I can't wear them when I trim. I've developed a style that is minimal handling because my hands scream that they can't breathe if I try using gloves. I have to feel the plant on my skin for the experience to be optimal for me. Yes, it's sticky work, but somebody's got to do it. :laughtwo:

Harvest Update

Previous dry weight posts:

Another catchup post. I forgot to post our third Candy Cane's dry weight, and today we jarred up our first Red Poison. She's likely still around 79%, so this isn't a final weight, but it is a maximum and sadly she won't be our new record. She's not far behind though, and hopefully with some more effort we can get the next one up higher.

First up is Candy Cane 3. In these pics her weight is around 166 grams, but was 164 by the time she hit around 62-65%.

Next is our first Red Poison at 200.9-201 grams. Again, these aren't her final numbers. But Jaybiz did remove just about any bit of stem on her, right up to and through most of the top colas. Doesn't make for NotM pics, but my best nug didn't get a single vote last month, so I'm going to stay away from that contest for the foreseeable future.

Running totals:

PlantWeight (grams)
DD​
NEM​
JH​
CR​
R2​
D2​
LS​
C3​
RP​
201 (* not final)
Total1375.7

According to jaybiz's spreadsheet, that's 48.5 ounces and we're averaging 5.4 ounces per plant. Still gotta crack that 250 gram mark, maybe our Amnesia Haze is up for the task.
Awesome, that's about all I've every got off 1 plant. And that was cheating (1050 watts HPS). Now it's time for me to learn how to go big with smaller watts.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hey RTK and The Bizz!

You guys gave me some great reading to catch up on! And thanks Sue for asking JayBizz to post something. And thank Bizz for that awesome insight into your creation.

All I know is there are a lot of elephants missing there trunks because they are all at the bottom you guys plants! I mean, really, look at the fatness of those branches. You sure you haven't been feeding them cornbread and milk?! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey spacef, I had seen a Remo video where he put the gloves in the freezer to get the "finger hash" off the gloves. I usually use gloves when I harvest but still try not to touch the plant too much. I don't usually have much on the gloves to worry about saving.

Sounds great tip to put the gloves in the freezer!!! Thanks!
I don't have that much neither as I do not squeeze the plants, but I awlays wanted to taste whatever is there ;-)

Hey spacef, I had seen a Remo video where he put the gloves in the freezer to get the "finger hash" off the gloves. I usually use gloves when I harvest but still try not to touch the plant too much. I don't usually have much on the gloves to worry about saving.

Just to know, what is your success rate with seeds? do you get 100% germination? I don't know why I always have a couple of seeds that go wrong for reasons I can't really explain (except weakness of the seed?).
It's true that I put them in wanter a few hours then in the pot.
I just wanted to check if it happens to you or if you use special technics or selection of 1 strong amongst several seeds etc.
Sorry if you already explained this previously, I hope you won't mind telling again.
Thanks!

I could see it if you were clearing a flowering room of multiple plants, but for our single plant harvests, the reward isn't worth the effort for me.

I can't wear them when I trim. I've developed a style that is minimal handling because my hands scream that they can't breathe if I try using gloves. I have to feel the plant on my skin for the experience to be optimal for me. Yes, it's sticky work, but somebody's got to do it. :laughtwo:

I find even just pinching a stem between a finger and thumb while plucking fan leaves gets me stupid sticky. I can't go more than about a half hour though, and take great pleasure in peeling them off. Maybe I just need to cut off a couple finger condoms off a glove. Might just try that next time. :)

You have a beautiful grow going! We have an early miss growing and she's nowhere near the size of your em3! Holy cow that's an impressive auto!!

Well, in fairness, it is our third. :) Here's our first (Britney) and our second (NEM). Britney's accident was the best thing that could have happened to us.

Always a pleasure to have ya stop by Canna.

Awesome, that's about all I've every got off 1 plant. And that was cheating (1050 watts HPS). Now it's time for me to learn how to go big with smaller watts.

I've got some hope our Amnesia Haze will challenge our record, which I hope to keep beat again in the fall after we move out of the tent.

Hey RTK and The Bizz!

You guys gave me some great reading to catch up on! And thanks Sue for asking JayBizz to post something. And thank Bizz for that awesome insight into your creation.

All I know is there are a lot of elephants missing there trunks because they are all at the bottom you guys plants! I mean, really, look at the fatness of those branches. You sure you haven't been feeding them cornbread and milk?! :cheesygrinsmiley:

MzS!! :yahoo:

Great to see ya around. :) :)

Jaybiz and I were marvelling a bit at EM3's branches today. I ravaged her pretty good at about 28 days I think it was, cutting off anything that was at all skinny looking. She seems to have loved it, nice big highways to deliver to the buds we kept. AH could have stood to loose another half dozen or so skinnier branches, but it's far too late to worry about it now.

Just to know, what is your success rate with seeds? do you get 100% germination? I don't know why I always have a couple of seeds that go wrong for reasons I can't really explain (except weakness of the seed?).
It's true that I put them in wanter a few hours then in the pot.
I just wanted to check if it happens to you or if you use special technics or selection of 1 strong amongst several seeds etc.
Sorry if you already explained this previously, I hope you won't mind telling again.
Thanks!

We're at 91.3% right now, 21 of 23. Most have been Crop King, with 3 Sweet Seeds and 2 Canuk Seeds making up the rest. The two failures were from the same pack of CKS White Widow feminized at the very start of this journal. One never sprouted, the other sprouted on time but only had two cotyledons and no growth point. Looking forward to trying that pack out again in the fall, and getting it replaced if need be. SOB is screwin' with our perfect record. :)

We followed CKS's germination guide when we first started and have stuck with it. 18-24 hours soaking in a small container of water, followed by a day or two on a plate in a cupboard in a damp paper towel. We're going for a shorter tap root than they recommend though, as we've had far more luck not having a casing or membrane stuck on top after sprouting when we plant with a very small tap root.

I never mind any questions, I'm just glad to have ya reading my gibberish. :high-five:

July 8 (Friday) Update.

Autos: Cheryl (Amnesia Haze) is 57, Early Miss 3 is 43, Train Wreck is 28, Quarter Pounder is 16, and our second Lemon Skunk is 1 day old. They are on an 20/4 schedule and are 15-22 inches from their lights.

Photos: Purple Kush is 94 days old (day 29 since flipping to 12/12). She is 11 inches from her main light.

Temps remain in the low 80s with humidity around 45%.

• LS2 got 750 ml of bubbled tap water (~180 ml down her stem, the rest around the edge of the pot and misted around the sides of the pot) at 5.8 PH and untested ppm (~160 ppm usual)
  • EM3 got soaked with 75% strength bloom nutes and fortifier (5.61 liters with 22.5 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 4 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier) at 775 ppm and 5.8 PH @ 67 f

Our second Lemon Skunk showed up this evening, with a white spot on one cotyledon. I'm sure she'll be fine.

Our first Amnesia Haze is looking a little nitrogen deficient already, and still has 27 days left by breeder timelines. I had her a bit too close to the light for a while, and defoliated her pretty heavily really as an experiment. We'll see how she makes out.

Family pics:

LS2 at birth (8.04 lbs down from 8.46 yesterday, 9.67 lbs after watering tonight):

QP at 16 days (11.83 lbs, down from 12.61 yesterday):

TW at 28 days (21.94 lbs, down from 24.45 yesterday):

EM3 at 43 days (11.05 lbs down from 16.50 yesterday, 23.41 after watering tonight):

Cheryl (AH) at 57 days (19.13 lbs, down from 26.60 after watering yesterday):

PK at 94 days, 29 days from flipping (28.83 lbs, down from 32.11 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

There are weird fibers on the Cheryll, on the left of the 2 last cheryll pics. Like wires or mini-vines going downward.
What is it? pistils or fibers from something else?

edit: pic of weird stuff.... alien invasion or evidence of human presence in the surrounding ? ... or else ?
rtk.jpg

There are weird fibers on the Cheryll, on the left of the 2 last cheryll pics. Like wires or mini-vines going downward.
What is it? pistils or fibers from something else?

edit: pic of weird stuff.... alien invasion or evidence of human presence in the surrounding ? ... or else ?
rtk.jpg
That looks like a spider Web to me. I'm hoping it's a traditional Spider, not a spider mite.

Back
Top Bottom