Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Jan 04 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 5 days old. Temp is 80 and RH is 81%.

After one day in her paper towel damp and dark bed, our second attempt at birthing a White Widow is still on the fence. She's cracked a bit and showing a tiny bit of white, but so did our last one. Really hoping to see progress on her tomorrow.

The two autos in their 5 gallon root pouches got 180ml of Ph'd water and their pots got another light misting, just enough to change the color and keep the dust down (again).

The one photo period girl, the Crown Royale, was noticeably light so we soaked her through to run off. Still debating what she's going to be transplanted into next. We've got 3 and 5 gallon root pouches, and 4.6 gallon airpots. None seem like a great choice for her middle pot. We need a 1 or 2 gallon option I think.

Quick and pointless family pics:

How long do we have to move out of the solo cup? We'd assumed about 10 days to two weeks, which doesn't leave us a lot of time to order something in. Might have to end up being a plastic container we can buy in a brick and mortar.

How long do we have to move out of the solo cup? We'd assumed about 10 days to two weeks, which doesn't leave us a lot of time to order something in. Might have to end up being a plastic container we can buy in a brick and mortar.

For the fem photos you are fine. For the autos I would be more careful letting them go root kind but I have never done autos so someone else will be better for advice on that account. When I get fabric pots I have gotten them in two days from a "big river in Brazil".

I transplanted a CKS Jack Herer at 14 days. It was worse than moving from a cup since I took her out of a shared 3gal pot. Tried not to destroy both plants by pulling the one up gingerly out of the soil without disrupting the other. Ended up successful but she suffered some stress for a few days before bouncing back.

Anxious to see how your Jack does under more optimal conditions. :thumb: Your grow area looks so big and spacious...I wish I had a similar area to go and roll around with the plants:rofl:

For the fem photos you are fine. For the autos I would be more careful letting them go root kind but I have never done autos so someone else will be better for advice on that account. When I get fabric pots I have gotten them in two days from a "big river in Brazil".

Thanks Shigs.

The autos are in the 5 gallon fabric pots from the start, it's the photos in the solo cups. We'll grab some 1 gallon fabric on your recommendation, likely from the same river.

I transplanted a CKS Jack Herer at 14 days. It was worse than moving from a cup since I took her out of a shared 3gal pot. Tried not to destroy both plants by pulling the one up gingerly out of the soil without disrupting the other. Ended up successful but she suffered some stress for a few days before bouncing back.

Anxious to see how your Jack does under more optimal conditions. :thumb: Your grow area looks so big and spacious...I wish I had a similar area to go and roll around with the plants:rofl:

Jack's in a 5 gallon "root pouch" and doing quite well so far. Been watering the two autos every second day with 60ml more than I did the previous time, so 60ml, then 120 and yesterday at 180ml. If they look dry tomorrow we'll give them 240ml a little wider out than right beside the stem, and hope it's enough. So hard to know exactly how much to give a tiny auto in a huge pot, for the first couple of weeks.

The veg tent in this grow journal feels massive now, with the first 6 girls filling the flower tent to near capacity.

I can't disagree, they have been getting a ton of love and attention. Far more work than we'd though, but not work either of us mind yet. Truly a labor of love.

But I have a whole new perspective when someone says they want to grow their own free weed.

Oh, they only let me in the conference room to help the consultant selling a multi-million dollar software solution on how to use a projector.

I got confirmation this afternoon that my Dark Devil has been shipped, complete with a tracking number even. The way our White Widow germination is going, they might turn out to be the same age.

You abused your auto too much? I'm guessing you didn't see Brit back in early December, and now she's our second tallest plant.

Thanks so much for the dialog, good to know someone is still reading my ramblings.

Labor of love is the perfect term! Can't see how anyone could get sick of this when theres so many different strains, methods and types of equipment to play around with and perfect. I think I'm in for the long haul :laughtwo:

Good to know Dark Devil is on the way. I reckon the White Widow seed is just waiting for it to arrive, must want a sister to grow with.

Unintentionally of course! I do remember seeing Brit is some trouble when I first started reading your journal, must have been scary times but like you say she pulled through like a champion.

Love the ramblings/dialog, glad its not just entertaining for me :)

Really enjoying talking shop with you and everyone else I have encountered on this site!

PS. the little ladies are looking real cute.

Jan 05 Update. JH, CR, and NEM are 6 days old. Temp is 79 and RH is 70%.

A good day for the veg tent!

My True North Seed Bank order was delivered:

One Dark Devil Auto taking her 24 hour bath:

Our second attempt at germinating our White Widow seeds appears to have been successful. She had a short tail when we got off work tonight, so she was dropped in her solo cup and soaked through. We'll mist her a couple of times a day until she breaks out.

The first set of leaves on the Crown Royale are getting too big to have much Wind on them:

New Early Miss is a little behind her sisters, expected with only a single cotelydon:

Jack is doin' fine:

This grow is turning out similar to the last, with one a week and another 10-11 days behind the first of the bunch.

We've decided to put the Dark Devil into one of our new 4.6 gallon air pots. Consider Britney, our Early Miss in our first grow, is 27 inches tall today and this air pot is 3 times bigger than hers, we should get a decent sized grow out of it.

Labor of love is the perfect term! Can't see how anyone could get sick of this when theres so many different strains, methods and types of equipment to play around with and perfect. I think I'm in for the long haul :laughtwo:

I can imagine growing is similar to IT for me, and the lesson I learned is never turn a hobby into a job. I used to love tech, after 20 years of making a career at it it's lost a bit of it's appeal. It's like being a doctor, only instead of a oddly shaped mole I get asked to just take a 'quick' look at their laptop/tablet/camera/remote/microwave/whatever if I don't mind. Usually they have a son or neighbor who is 'really good with the computers', and they've tried to 'fix" it, and it should be a simple thing that I already know everything there is to know about it.

I don't go out much any more because I'm too nice of a guy to say no.

I do remember seeing Brit is some trouble when I first started reading your journal, must have been scary times but like you say she pulled through like a champion.

Wasn't sure exactly when I met ya honestly. Half the reason I knew I needed a journal was I can't remember dates at all, so I'm pretty sure we've always known each other. :)

I can imagine growing is similar to IT for me, and the lesson I learned is never turn a hobby into a job. I used to love tech, after 20 years of making a career at it it's lost a bit of it's appeal. It's like being a doctor, only instead of a oddly shaped mole I get asked to just take a 'quick' look at their laptop/tablet/camera/remote/microwave/whatever if I don't mind. Usually they have a son or neighbor who is 'really good with the computers', and they've tried to 'fix" it, and it should be a simple thing that I already know everything there is to know about it.

I don't go out much any more because I'm too nice of a guy to say no.

Ah man, that sucks. The old, "if you don't mind", gets me almost every time as well even if I really really do mind, although luckily I haven't got a skill set as in demand as yours. A quick defrag always sorts a microwave out right? :laughtwo:
No good that it got to the point where you felt the need to avoid them though, people are just plain silly sometimes I guess.

Wasn't sure exactly when I met ya honestly. Half the reason I knew I needed a journal was I can't remember dates at all, so I'm pretty sure we've always known each other. :)

Neither! But I'm sure hadn't signed up when I first started reading journal which probably includes when Brit was in bad shape. I'm only confident that I had come across your journal before I signed up because I can clearly remember reading your name as RTK!

Nice update, Early Miss is keeping up well I say considering she started with 50% less leaves, and gigantic Dark Devil sounds good to me.

Sure, but "fixed" in the biblical sense. :)

Seriously guys, I would think you know how to fix a microwave by now. It is just like an etch-a-sketch, you have to lift it up over your head and give it a good shake to reset it.

I'm an IT guy but at parties I say I'm a gynaecologist. That way if someone asks me to take a look it's at least interesting ;-)

I'm an IT guy but at parties I say I'm a gynaecologist. That way of someone asks me to take a look it's at least interesting ;-)

:rofl:

Two thoughts:

1. If turning a hobby into a job makes you sick of the hobby, I'd rather be sick of IT.
2. You run into far more Honey Boo Boo's mom than Kate Uptons.

Hahahaha. Becareful with that because every cat ain't purrrrrty lol

:rofl:

Two thoughts:

1. If turning a hobby into a job makes you sick of the hobby, I'd rather be sick of IT.
2. You run into far more Honey Boo Boo's mom than Kate Uptons.

I am, of course, very selective about who I say this to ;-) I've seen pictures of blue waffle and I never want to see another diseased flange in my life.. certainly not like blue waffle. If you Google this have a sick bucket ready. You have been warned ;-)

Back
Top Bottom