Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Has anyone tried this? If so, what were the results?
420-magazine-mobile207265162.jpg
??? Have you ever inhaled cinnamon???
Try it let us know how it works out.

Hello everyone!

Lee here.

Sorry to barge in on this thread, but I think that's sort of the point, to be able to ask a question and have lots of people see and be able to answer with their own opinions.

My question to yee bee: what's your experience with topping plants young. I mean like real young.

I ask because I've read lots of people saying that it stunts growth and can shock or even kill plants.

Now I don't clams to be no ganja expert, I'm currently 18 days into my first grow (any advice on my journal welcome) but I've been a gardener for the last 4 years planting and turfing new developments, and i get young plants sent to me that have been battered and snapped and clean in half, so rootbound it looks like hagrid's beard, and I pull off the roots and yank em out the pots and shove em in the ground and three days later it's like the Messiah has arisen in flower form. So basically, plants wanna live. Why should weed be any different? And if they can take it and your gunna top them anyway, why waste all that energy growing up to a of plant that your gunna hack off, why not just nip it when he's a babe.

I did mine at the 4th node at 10 and 12 days from germination, and they seem to be doing pretty well.

Baby number 1 , 10 days old, pre top.
420-magazine-mobile1442533939.jpg

Baby number 2, 12 days old, pre top.
420-magazine-mobile75829472.jpg

Tops
420-magazine-mobile1014069213.jpg
420-magazine-mobile744538262.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1698303079.jpg

Baby number 1, 12 days
420-magazine-mobile1627334728.jpg

Baby number 2, 14 days old
420-magazine-mobile1248659565.jpg
I use similar method, but I strip all growth below the 3rd. node & any new growth on the 4 main branches. Then top the 4 branches again. This would produce 8 main colas. Trim all other new growth, other than the 8 mains. Works for me.

i flushed hard cause the runoff stayed to low ph for way to many water ran thru .... but i did manage to stop it i never added extra calcium though ... its usually an uptake issue and thus related to pH
I have to agree. The Calsium is there; it's an intake issue related to pH, to much Potassium, heat all impede cal mobility. Shows up in middle and new growth. More in areas of light than shade.

Like PW said it's a quick fix in coco.
How do we prevent It?

I had to transfer two Seedsman Photoperiod Blueberries outside. They are on day 83 however they were in a tent with auto flowers. This is my first grow. The Pineapple Express is being harvested. What I am interested in learning is when do the Photos start to flower? Is it when the nights grow to be twelve hours long (sometime in September) or will they start flowering sooner? Any information is much appreciated. Blueberries are mostly Indica according to website.
Since posting this in a Massachusetts thread I believe I found my answer using the search function on this great site however I could be wrong. I believe I can induce flowering by placing these plants in for example twelve hours of complete darkness for a period of two weeks and putting them back out into sunlight for the other twelve. Assuming this is correct once this two week period is over can I just leave them outside after that or would they revert into a vegetative state. Let me know. I am at 42 degrees North Latitude. Thanks to one and all for whatever information you can offer.
Just put them outside and let mother nature do the rest. They will start blooming about the last of July, if you plant by June 1st. Don't try to get them started 1st., as you'll actually delay the start of bloom, as they'll need extra time to revert back to veg. stage.
You growing in mother earth, or pots ? Lots of luck to you !! I'm on the west side.:surf:

been away a few days and left baby's in friends hands, come back and he forgot to ph down the feed
He only used 2l before realising
the tap water has a ph of about 8 7.7 will this cause trouble with it only being 2l?

So I'm in my 4th week of bloom and I'm giving my plants. Fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom along with cal-mag, silica, and molasses. They are growing well but I'm wondering if there is anything out there to give me an extra kick.

So I'm in my 4th week of bloom and I'm giving my plants. Fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom along with cal-mag, silica, and molasses. They are growing well but I'm wondering if there is anything out there to give me an extra kick.
Cha Ching, starting at about week 5 of bloom. And don't give more than 1/4 tsp.. EVER!! I used FF trio for a long time, and can't can a thing bad about their products. But don't believe their suggested feeding schedules. My suggestion is to cut everything in 1/2, but i haven't used FF in last 2-3 yrs now, so they may have updated the schedules. Be careful with the tiger bloom also, hot stuff. Ha !! They have 2 products called open sesame & beastie bloom, and you could start the open sesame now. Then Chi Ching starting at like 5, 5 1/2 wks. Good luck !!:surf:

been away a few days and left baby's in friends hands, come back and he forgot to ph down the feed
He only used 2l before realising
the tap water has a ph of about 8 7.7 will this cause trouble with it only being 2l?
Your plants will let you know if there's something wrong, the only thing i can think is that the high ph could cause a nute lock out, but if that was the case you would definitely notice it. Happy growing!

Hi all. So I'm doing this round in 6" square hydroton pots on an ebb and flo table. Scrog. I'm noticing that a lot more roots than I expected are escaping the bottoms of the pots. No doubt they will eventually cover the whole bottoms of the tables. Do I need to cover these up? How should I deal with them?
420-magazine-mobile1592917168.jpg

There'll be a lot more space between pots in the big room.

Can anyone advise on this? Goin' into bloom on Friday and has me really worried. Any insight would be appreciated. Sorry to be a pain in the ass.

Back
Top Bottom