Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

They automatically subscribe when you participate i think. Just uncheck at the top right when you're on the thread (in the app).

My experience, if the stem has had time to strengthen in place, they should hold form after untying. You can always pull them back to position again, and probably should in their new location. Just be careful of snapping now that the stem is stronger and less flexible. Also, as i have done, watch out for splitting at the point where stems branch off. Luckily my girl never showed signs from this damage, but i imagine it opened up a lot of bad possibilities (poor nutrient travel, infection etc.). A little more detail in my journal on that.

You should be fine to untie is my point.

Good luck.

He's asking about early veg for untying. I personally don't think they will early in veg. But I don't even have a full grow under my belt so I could wrong. Maybe you just missed the early veg part or I'm missing something

After tieing down limbs early on veg for a scrog like effect when repotting how will the plant take being untied/will it hold its form? Do you usually not repot after youve tied down?

Also, why am I automatically subscribed to every thread I read? Its frustrating removing 10+ subscriptions a day.

Usually if u reply on a thread it will sub u. I've never had auto sub just from browsing a thread.

Once u untie them, they will want to go back to stretching or growing in thier normal upwards direction. I had to constantly retie and adjust to get my structure. Repotting never stopped me from tying either. If u want, it won't hurt I don't think to leave them for a day or two to see how they adjust. But leave them too long them they get used to freedom and grow how they want.

This is a glimpse under the skirt.
420-magazine-mobile994320127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2094776564.jpg

Yeah that used to happen to me all the time

Down fall of the app is all the broken links and code .

Maybe try to play around under settings ?

He's asking about early veg for untying. I personally don't think they will early in veg. But I don't even have a full grow under my belt so I could wrong. Maybe you just missed the early veg part or I'm missing something

Nope, i read it. He said early veg tying, didn't mention at what point he is for untying except that he is ready to repot. My assumption was that they have grown enough since tying to be ready for a new pot, if so, there's a good chance that the stems have stiffened up. Of course, as i said, he should retie in the new pot because, as you more specifically said, they will straighten out as much as they can when unrestricted.

I agree with your response as well though.

Cheers for the feedback. .

Can't change the nutes anyway (is an osmocote+ grow). Will just try to relax and let it go now. Harvest in a few days. The full plant pic makes it look a lot darker green than it is (the green glasses over the lens to kill the blurple tends to do this). It is dark green, but not that dark!

If anyone else has a perspective it's most welcome too !

Id say your good. Strait water till harvest. They might not Amber. 10%clear with 90%cloudy your window has been open. See what those trics look like in 5 days. If Ambering maybe wait another 5 days max. Depends what you want. Theyre ready now. What a beautiful plant Amy!!
All those people that recommend Osmocote do they use it too? My understanding is great for a gorrilla grow where your access is limited but not for a yard grow or tent that you can access. You cant flush it. Ive used it for a Gorrilla grow and yes it worked but was gone by August I bet. Osmocote has a 5-6 mo. life span?? I think your next grow you should switch to another nute. I cant get past Fox Farm. All 3 powders and liquid by their schedule. My weed turns out awesome. I finally did it last years yard grow by their schedule and wow!! You just have to PH it going in. And Nebula says anywhere from 6.0-7.0 with the secret is to not always have it 6.5 every damn time. Let it very some.
last years yard grow
20161003_111615.jpg
20161022_080815.jpg
20161022_081117.jpg

I dont feel as though using fox farm by its schedule or any schedule for that matter is accurate. Its more of a guide line.

I dont really know much, however thinking every plant is same size week 1-20 and all need same nutes feels wrong to me.

Fox Farm has been growing weed since the 1960's. The schedule is a guide line with their products. Ive grown outdoors that passes for indoors with FF. Guideline and schedule, theres a difference? My last tent grow I got 4oz+ a plant with FF. God Bless FF for making it so much easier.
My last and 2nd tent grow
20170407_0524211.jpg
20170511_060621.jpg

I had pretty good luck with taping and supporting them but it depends on how bad the break is sometimes. Just don't tape it real tight and leave it. Remove the tape after a week and see how it looks. Hope it heals up for you.
Thanks for the input but this morning the limb is doing, i snipped it off and I'll move on,lol. I have figured out that these plants are allot tougher outside than in.

Fox Farm has been growing weed since the 1960's. The schedule is a guide line with their products. Ive grown outdoors that passes for indoors with FF. Guideline and schedule, theres a difference? My last tent grow I got 4oz+ a plant with FF. God Bless FF for making it so much easier.
20170407_0524211.jpg
20170511_060621.jpg

Dude at the grow shop said to add Cal/lime to FF which I do.
Also another benefit about FF is it makes POTENT weed tried and tested. I know people been smoking for 50 yrs say my weeds outstanding. Better than others they know.
Much better than my computer skills for sure! :)

Nope, i read it. He said early veg tying, didn't mention at what point he is for untying except that he is ready to repot. My assumption was that they have grown enough since tying to be ready for a new pot, if so, there's a good chance that the stems have stiffened up. Of course, as i said, he should retie in the new pot because, as you more specifically said, they will straighten out as much as they can when unrestricted.

I agree with your response as well though.

Gotcha. After readin again, I can totally see how we both came to our own feedbacks. And both are valid for specific stages I believe. Tag teamed that question. . Boom.

I know I'm burning up the forum but I just had ine of my limbs break at the stalk it broke it to where theres just a little holding it. I taped her back up to the main stalk, my question is will it make it. Its a big limb full of flower
I've had success taping a limb broken during veg and also had one (two maybe) not make it. In my case, it was very obvious by the next day so if yours still looks alive then it'll probably make it. I've heard honey is helpful when there's a break. I've taped breaks both with and without it and not having it wasn't the cause of either of the failed attempts.

20170407_0524211.jpg
20170511_060621.jpg
I only use FF products. Long story short, blindly following the schedule is wasteful.

I've had success taping a limb broken during veg and also had one (two maybe) not make it. In my case, it was very obvious by the next day so if yours still looks alive then it'll probably make it. I've heard honey is helpful when there's a break. I've taped breaks both with and without it and not having it wasn't the cause of either of the failed attempts.
Ive taken it off already, it was shriveled up this morning. No helping that one. But thanks for your suggestions.

I meant to add something similar. With mine I knew right away too which ones wouldn't make it. They pretty much shriveled up and died right away. The others I taped have war wounds to show where they got thier booboo. One I taped, then re-injired poor thing I felt so bad. So I had to reinforce her
420-magazine-mobile530017283.jpg

Hey guys I'm just wondering if it is normal to have a few days of little noticable growth in a week old seedling. I heard it is to establish roots. Is that true or do I have a problem?
IMG_20171014_112509208.jpg

That looks fairly normal for a 5 day sprout. The tap root should be near the bottom of that cup by now so water it by dumping some water into the catch pan I know you have under it. ;)

:peace:

20170407_0524211.jpg
20170511_060621.jpg

If i wasn't such a die-hard hetero I'd fall in love with those Donkey Dicks you got going on there!

Some sweet sugary loving happening!

Mad reps!

:peace:

How much cfm needed for a 3x3x5 tent?

I'm using one of these in a 4x2 just fine with a filter attached VIVOSUN 195 CFM 4" Inch Inline Ventilation Duct Fan nice and quiet compared to my 6" 442cfm powerhouse lol... your area is a tad bigger though so maybe you'd want to look for something a small bit stronger... Or he'll look for a stronger inline that comes with a controller so you can adjust speed.

1666381984757.png

Hi Everyone,

This is one of my first grows.

Seed: Barneys Blue Cheese auto flower.
Medium: Soil + Perlite.
Time since germination: 5 weeks
Nutrient: Used 2 liters of Greenhouse Superfeeding Grow with 0.750 gr nutrient per liter of water.
Light: Yellow 80W and Daylight LED 100W 20x4 hrs

The leaves seem to me very light green going to yellow. Please advise what to do? Is this nutrient deficit? Overwatering?
20171105_110920.jpg
20171105_110913.jpg
20171105_110905.jpg
20171105_110855.jpg
20171105_110900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom