Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

So I got it a bit lower today with dehumidifier it’s now back to 55/60% however! I sort of now know what the issue is. Air flow!

Not really inside the tent but in the room it’s in. I have a few small passive vents and I do keep opening window during the day when it’s not to cold. I can’t really drill a 4-inch circle hole in the wall as defiantly would be noticeable lol

Any better suggestions?

Cut 2" off the bottom of the rooms door.

420-magazine-mobile1721139594.jpg
does this look like too much nitrogen

Lool what you saying get rid of some yeah

Only if you want to.... I know a lot of people say don't defol during flower but I would personally start plucking maybe 6-10 fan leaves every other day that are up top and shadowing buds.... But that's just what I would and do myself during flower too.... As long as you don't go and take an insane amount off at once they won't be stressed by it.

Only if you want to.... I know a lot of people say don't defol during flower but I would personally start plucking maybe 6-10 fan leaves every other day that are up top and shadowing buds.... But that's just what I would and do myself during flower too.... As long as you don't go and take an insane amount off at once they won't be stressed by it.

You been luvky so far then. Interupting the dark cycle will cause herms. Yes back off on the N and as suggested rwmove some of the fan leaves to open up the canopy. I prefer to do a defol around day 21 and day 45.

I wouldn't necessarily say will but can.... reason being some strains are very resilient when it comes to light disruptions but not every strain is the same... OP may get a strain one day that'll hermie after a couple disruptions... Now say he takes the pics within 30 min of turning the lights off or before they turn on then that's fine but I agree with you definitely don't want to disturb during mid flower... Flashes are pretty powerful and can definitely disturb flower which isn't to good.... It resets their flower time more or less that's why the sooner to lights coming on or after they went off the better most strains only need 10-11 hours or so of dark to properly flower where some will require the full 12 some very few may even require 13 hours of dark. It seems every grow I have to disturb my girls a bit during flower and nothing bad ever happens thankfully they are pretty good girls... I will admit my very first SQ I grew had two seeds I believe.... Sadly I had ground them up because I wasn't expecting them they were still tiny anyhow... Thought it was funny my fem slightly hermied while my bagseed who got nanners late flower didn't have a single seed.... Of course the SQ was better anyhow and it's not like it was riddled with seeds it was literally two small seeds out of like 68 grams. Haven't had a seed from my SQ yet... Looking like I may not get any this grow either (knock on wood) despite the mite problem and major defol mid flower.

Its just bad practice to do it. Ive seen large rooms wrecked because my friend would go in and take pics in the dark. He woulf go in forn5 mins or so and get his pics, mailnly because you get the best pics when its in dark. But he had a 400oz grow with seeds everywhere. It only takes 1 plant to herm and it can ruin a whole room. Now does that mean every plant will herm when interupted in the dark cycle? No it doesnt but its baf practice. A single flash can interupt the whole dark period and if done regularly you are asking for problems.

Why risk ruining your crop? Doesnt matter if its 1 plant grow or 100 plant grow, you want the best result you can get. There are so many things that can go wrong in a garden, why add another factor to that?

Only get rid of the ones covering any bud sites (start from top). But yes... seems to be a bit much in there. Leaves are VERY important so try not to over do it. They are your nutrient storage centers. But if you do get rid of a few. It will help get rid of your nitro toxic enviro.ent a bit faster as well. To much nitrogen = airy buds.

Ok so i had a question im using sunshine mix #4 soil with remo nutes do i need to add cal-mag if im using tht kind of soil i no its plain but I didnt no if should add cal-mag r not also im trying to see if i could use those nutes without having to adjust the ph value but im noticing some spots kinda looks like calcium def. N im wondering since this time i didnt add cal-mag since I was trying it in soil but then I membered this soil is pretty plain lol I'll go take some pics so every1 can c what im working with

Ok so i had a question im using sunshine mix #4 soil with remo nutes do i need to add cal-mag if im using tht kind of soil i no its plain but I didnt no if should add cal-mag r not also im trying to see if i could use those nutes without having to adjust the ph value but im noticing some spots kinda looks like calcium def. N im wondering since this time i didnt add cal-mag since I was trying it in soil but then I membered this soil is pretty plain lol I'll go take some pics so every1 can c what im working with

Sunshine Mix #4 is soilless from what I know. It's listed as 70% spagnum peat moss, and then the rest perlite, dolomite lime and wetting agent. It might have some calcium from that dolomite lime, but it probably doesn't have much magnesium. I know that I ran clones in it for a while and they started getting magnesium deficiency almost immediately.

I'm only vaguely familiar with remo nutes, but don't they have a base formula bottle? Just see if it has calcium and magnesium on it before you add more. You might need a straight cal-mag suppliment, or you could have other issues going on. If it's just magnesium I'd try some epsom salts.

I don't think you'll get away with using them without adjusting pH values since SM4 isn't really a living soil. Speaking of SM4, if you wanna check out my journal I'm using it as a base in my custom mix.

thanx bro here is my devils carnival in ssm#4

20171124_164822.jpg
20171124_164845.jpg

and i believe it was 420 member rifelman that said he used remo nutes in dwc i believe which is hydro i no but he said he didnt ph it and it worked just fine for him so i figured id try it with this mix n c and if it worked y not go easier then i wouldnt need to ph nuthn so idk it seemed worth a try 2 me but now im seeing these little spots but like i said i didnt add any cal-mag this time so idk if its cause of that or what

Back
Top Bottom