Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Hi datenshi. Its good to see you venture from your journal. You should do that more often. I think you will find so much more out of the site by doing that. Take care

Haha Joe you'll be one of the first to get an invite man ;) :high-five:
Thanks for sharing your schedual, it tells me im not way off in my understanding now, like i was.

Tenshi you're right.. This is the way of learning. And finally i think i've got an understanding that can take me from seed to harvest by now.
My next journal i'll be feeding by a less-is-more philosophy.. Hopefully this will be key to success for me. then i can always start to modify my ways to get bigger and better buds later on :)
- and yeah i do the same Tenshi.. I stalk alot, throw some likes and talk mainly when i feel like i got something to say ;) But once in a while i just stop by some1 to tell them i'm still there and interrested ;)
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend :) I sure am, the weather is amazing! :high-five:

Yes with soil salt buildup can happen fast. There are a few things to help it. When you start your next grow use a faster draining mix.(more perlite/coco/pine bark) and a pot that breathes better. It isnt just the salts its the amount of air they can get. Drilling side holes around your pot helps allot. You will find the balance it needs. Allot now are not even using soil for that very reason. Clay pellets rock as does coco or even pure perlite. if it can drain fast then it can rinse the salts out each watering allot better. speaking of whihc i need to drain my res today and fill her back up so it rinses the salts and anything else it didnt want. Oh and i only use epspm slat in an emergency, Molasses black strap unsulffered is what i use.

Hmm i can get perlite for free so maybe i should add some more to my soil ;) thanks for that.
I'll also try drilling some holes in the pots for the next round!
More drainage and more air and this time i have a much better idea of when to feed and how much.. I'll let the plants speak rather than the schedual ;)
i am a firm believer on ppm's. I use diff amount for diff size of plants and pots they are in. If i was to go non hydro i would go with those air bags that breath. even the hempy style bucket is another great way. on your next grow also add 2 inches of rocks at the bottom of your pots this allows allot better drainage. when you find your balance you will be like yes i did it. and you will. just keep it up.

My friend Kjell already told me the trick with the rocks (we used lecha though) it also prevents the soil from packing up in the bottom :thumb:
And yes i really have to get a ppm meter next month when i get my paycheck :)
Will make it much easier to understand whats going on!

Just been out in the sun for a few hours with the mrs.. had a couple of joints and cold drinks :high-five: freaking love summer :)

So today i've got 4 germinated seeds.
1x Black Russian
1x Bubblelicious
1x Fast Cheese
1x Cream Caramel

There are 2 more seeds waiting to germ, those are 1x Fast Cheese and 1x Chocolate Kush.

4 of the girls i am vegging for a good friend and in about 6-7 weeks from now they will moved to his closet as it will fit perfectly with his harvest. I aint going to mention names as i've come to understand thats against the policy of this site.
The other 2 girls i will keep and probably veg a little longer to get the size i want before i will flower those 2 girls.
The girls i will be keeping for myself will be the Cream Caramel Fast version and Cheese Fast Version. both are done in 6-8 weeks.
Anyway's i'm a little busy tommorow, but im off thursday + friday so i think i will find time to make a new journal then.

On another note, the Amnesia auto has begon making trich's i can see them on the leaves by now ^^

Hope you guys are all good ;)

So today i've got 4 germinated seeds.
1x Black Russian
1x Bubblelicious
1x Fast Cheese
1x Cream Caramel

There are 2 more seeds waiting to germ, those are 1x Fast Cheese and 1x Chocolate Kush.

4 of the girls i am vegging for a good friend and in about 6-7 weeks from now they will moved to his closet as it will fit perfectly with his harvest. I aint going to mention names as i've come to understand thats against the policy of this site.
The other 2 girls i will keep and probably veg a little longer to get the size i want before i will flower those 2 girls.
The girls i will be keeping for myself will be the Cream Caramel Fast version and Cheese Fast Version. both are done in 6-8 weeks.
Anyway's i'm a little busy tommorow, but im off thursday + friday so i think i will find time to make a new journal then.

On another note, the Amnesia auto has begon making trich's i can see them on the leaves by now ^^

Hope you guys are all good ;)

vn hey take clones from them so give them 2 extra weeks so you can have bigger clones. those are some good strains.

the new growth looks healthy. feeding them epsom salt so frequently will kill them
I agree with B. She doesn't look too bad & with the new growth coming out healthy you don't have a lock-out. just go the straight PHed water for awhile.

vn hey take clones from them so give them 2 extra weeks so you can have bigger clones. those are some good strains.

I'm trying to figure out how i pull some clones off without a veg room hehe.. i only got one room for now hehe
But yeah they are all good seeds atleast, because they've all germinated in 30 hours or so :)

I agree with B. She doesn't look too bad & with the new growth coming out healthy you don't have a lock-out. just go the straight PHed water for awhile.

She's been on the water wagon since the flush.. it's still not stopped 100% but i've started to notice trich's so she cant be all out!
I'm gonna keep giving her water till she's done burning and then only give her minimal nutes when she asks for them. I really dont want to kill her if i can avoid it :)

Hey away Id like you to go check out my 9/11 thread nd post your thoughts. The link is my signature. Anyone can come I love to discuss key topics.

Hey guys, today has been very very bad.. So Joe i'll check your thread out some other day, i'm just in here to post these pics and then i'll be off again.
DC420 - me and my girlfriend live 2 people in a 1-bedroom apartment so there is litteraly no space available here. It will have to wait till we move on to something bigger..

Anyways i've got some pictures of the Amnesia auto for you.. She's starting making trichromes but i dont think you can see them on these pictures..

IMG_204910.JPG
IMG_205011.JPG
IMG_20519.JPG
IMG_205211.JPG
IMG_205312.JPG

And here's some teaser pic's for my journal ;)
all potted up and ready to go.. hopefully there will be 6 new lives in a couple of days ;)

IMG_20488.JPG
IMG_204715.JPG

Away your plant looks like it stretched the whole time it was growing. You could try to lower the lights if possible. Its a good height but notice how far away the growth is from each other. It is so sparse because the light is to far away more then likely.Just want you to get great yields for all of your hard work.

I know you guys just want the best for me, thanks :thumb:
This here is why i'm having a little trouble lowering it though.. have a look

IMG_206210.JPG
IMG_206516.JPG
IMG_206312.JPG
IMG_206411.JPG

You see? It's pretty locked in that position at the moment.. I've been thinking about buying a hook and a chain but i'm a little scared that my closet wont hold the hook good enough and so the lights will come crashing down.. Just to let you know, i'm not ignoring the advice, tryshard also gave me. But it is a little problematic for me.. but i'll figure something out.:high-five:

And here's some pics of the Amnesia in normal lights, so i can compare it to the last pics i had under normal light :)
She looks like she's started to come back, so hopefully i'll start noticing the buds fatten up sooner or later.. I know she's looking quite ill but i've left all the leaves on to avoid setting her even more back.. they'll fall off on their own when they are done ;)

IMG_205914.JPG
IMG_205412.JPG
IMG_205514.JPG
IMG_205613.JPG
IMG_205710.JPG
IMG_205816.JPG
IMG_206012.JPG

You can't see it on these pictures but there's deffinately trichromes now ^^

Question: Should i keep this journal going for the Amnesia and end it when she's finnished, or should i just make a new one and move the Amnesia to that one as well? ;)

Hope you're all great and enjoying yourselves :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom