Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

A big thank you man, read the first bunch of comments and i think i cracked the code now!!

I have a question though... What should the sugar be made from? beets or sugar canes or something third?
Whats best?
If beets is the answer then i may have an advantage.. my father in law works at a sugar factory :)

And

Should i use soft molasses medium or blackstrap?

I have no idea which would be best, I just came across that thread this morning and figured I'd get some black treacle because I know my local shops will have it and remembered you asking what molasses were so stuck the link in your journal in case it was helpful to you.

blackstrap unsulphured molasses picture of what it looks like in my gallery. In fact every product I use is in the gallery

Let me go check oh wait I dont have anymore just yet. I will in the next week or so since thats the phase im in. Sorry.

You want unsulfered blackstrap molasses as your first choice. Unsulfered molasses can be used at 1 tablespoon per gallon or 4 liters as a supplement in soil and soiless mediums. Unsulfered molasses can also be used as a harvest flush at 2 tablespoons per gallon or 4 liters. I do not recommend adding molasses to a Aeroponic/Hydroponic reservoir unless it is part of a Heisenberg Tea.

Oh so if you use it when flushing at harvest it will probably help sweeten the taste yeah?

You guys... The Cream Caramel smells so fucking dank i can barely keep my fingers from it... such a deep skunky smell and i just know those 6 grams will pack such a punch! :)

Harvest time in a couple of days also.. :partyboy::blunt: Will take pictures of the process probably :)

Hey every1 how's it going, i just harvest the K-train and i took a bunch of pics durring :)

Here's how the room's looked all prepared and ready to go

IMG_28478.JPG
IMG_28505.JPG
IMG_28517.JPG
IMG_28489.JPG
IMG_28494.JPG

Trimming table..

IMG_28527.JPG

The actual chop..
I'll let the rest of the pics speak for themselves..

IMG_28548.JPG
IMG_28557.JPG
IMG_285610.JPG
IMG_28577.JPG
IMG_28587.JPG
IMG_28596.JPG
IMG_28605.JPG
IMG_28616.JPG
IMG_28628.JPG
IMG_286311.JPG
IMG_28647.JPG
IMG_28656.JPG
IMG_28667.JPG
IMG_28677.JPG
IMG_28684.JPG
IMG_286910.JPG
IMG_28707.JPG

trim + popcorn wet weight

IMG_28716.JPG

IMG_28723.JPG

And buds wet weight..

IMG_28734.JPG
IMG_28746.JPG

Thanks Jimmy!
Im pretty damn proud, its the first plant that i have grown, seed to harvest all on my own :)

Aaaand the next batch is in water by now ;)

Chokolate kush and Fast flowering Cheese!

foto_1_2_.JPG
foto_2_2_.JPG

Also i just ordered 3 seeds from attitude, got 6 freebies :)

bought these 3:

Reserva Privada's - Skywalker Kush - fem
DNA Genetics - Holy Grail Kush - fem
BC Bud Depot Seeds - God Bud - fem

Freebies:

Secret Valley Seeds - Purple Pineberry - photo
Elemental Seeds - Fifth Element - photo
Barney's Farm - Critical Kush - fem
Barney's Farm - G13 Haze - fem
Barney's Farm - Liberty Haze - fem
Barney's Farm - Tangerine Dream - fem

Cant wait to get going :) :):blunt:

Up, up, & Away... Congrats on your harvest...

Thanks guys for comments and reps ;) Appreciate it :)

Can't wait to smoke her.. yield is not going to be anything special tho obviosly, can already see the buds is kinda airy.. but we'll see when she goes in the grinder.
Also kind of interresting to taste a smoke that has only had the basic Grow and Bloom nutes.. no boosters what so ever.

Anyway, cleaned out the room, the fans, the lights, pots etc and i already have 1 seed ready to be potted.. The fast cheese has sprouted in like 12 hours (idk what time exactly but looked at 8 am this morning) the Chocolate kush still shows no signs.
in case she doesnt sprout i got 9 seeds coming next week so its all good :)

I think i will round this journal up after i've posted a dry weight on the K-train to end it as a success :)
and start a new one up for the new girls of course.

The trim has been done, and the curring begone..
Yesterday was my birthday and i got some airtight glass jars for curring so im ready :)

IMG_29058.JPG

I forgot to take pictures of the buds on branches before cutting them off.. But heres some of the finnished product.. only needs a 10 day cure or so now ;)

The buds themselves are not very dense, but they look pretty icey and seriusly i have never seen so many hairs on a bud before.. its incredible, after trimming the table was filled with little white/orange hairs :)

We had a taster joint to test effect today (not so much taste yet) and she is a decent smoke, high-wise i am happy with the result. And actually feel proud of the final product compared to this being my first harvest :) got pretty stoned actually :)
Tastewise it is very undefined still, spicey i'd say.. not very harsh considering she had no cure yet. But i'll have to wait 10 days to say much more on that subject.

Final dry weight ends up on 10 grams.

IMG_29066.JPG
IMG_29078.JPG

IMG_290912.JPG
IMG_29108.JPG
IMG_29117.JPG
IMG_29238.JPG
IMG_29245.JPG

And to top it off i recieved all my new seeds a couple of days ago.. some awesome stuff in here and some awesome freebies!!

IMG_29126.JPG

First the 3 strains i chose to buy:

IMG_29139.JPG
IMG_29148.JPG
IMG_29158.JPG

2 UFO freebies:

IMG_29165.JPG
IMG_29174.JPG

And a Barney's Farm promotion of 4 strains (freebies also!):

IMG_291811.JPG
IMG_291911.JPG
IMG_292011.JPG
IMG_29226.JPG

Hope every1's feeling good out there in the world :)

I'm so pleased you finally got there! Your first harvest is always very special, if I may give a word of advice for your next one!? I'd say don't chop so soon, I know how hard it is to resist but had you let her go longer your yield and potency would of been greater. Congratulations on your harvest, enjoy that 'gal'. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom