Bard's Second Grow: Outdoor, In-Ground, Dr. Seeds Fast Genetics

I love the natural concealment :thumb:

Looking good Bard!

Thanks Sauga…. while it is legal, there are also some sketchy neighbours, so trying not to make it too obvious. The wispy looking plant is asparagus. Kind of breaks the sightline, but still lets quite a bit of sunlight through. I did catch a sniff of these girls on the wind today. I suspect when the buds get going, the yard is going to be pretty... aromatic. :)

Hope you had a good weekend.

while it is legal, there are also some sketchy neighbours, so trying not to make it too obvious.
:thumb:
Same thing here. I have two on the deck but keep it low key for the those reasons. The wife filled the rest of the deck up with cherry tomatoes, hot and sweet peppers and cucumbers. All in fab pots and doing really well. She has her main garden which is quite large but it's like me growing weed, she can't get enough.
Enjoy your week!

:nomo:

Looking, good Bard!!

Good afternoon, everyone.

Quick update on my outdoor girls. Today is DAY 101 since germination, DAY 52 in the ground, and... DAY 1 of flowering! I wasn't expecting them to start flowering for another 2-3 weeks, when the day-length was a bit shorter. But perhaps it is the "fast" genetics at work. Regardless, I'll take it!

All four plants have really grown in the past few weeks. Weather has been fantastic - nice 70-80F days, 50-60F nights. A bit dry, so I have been hand-watering every few days as needed. I gave them a sprinkle of Gaia Green 4-4-4 fertilizer a couple of weeks ago. Today, I gave them some silica solution, just to help them strengthen the stems, and perhaps a bug-preventative. Other than that, they have been feasting on all the goodies I worked into the ground back in April. They are about 50" tall now. Here they are...

Next weekend I will give them some of the Gaia Green Flower Boost fertilizer.

Hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for stopping by.

Hey everyone!

Hope you are doing well, and ready for the weekend. Just a quick update today... here are the girls looking healthy, basking in the sunlight. Gorgeous out here today. They are almost 5' tall now, and pistils are chugging along. And.. they are starting to stink! A month from now there won't be anyone in the neighbourhood who won't be getting a whiff.

I gave them there first shot of Gaia Green Flower fertilizer, as well as a weak tea of kelp, fish emulsion, sea minerals, plus some extra silica. The stems are a bit thin and weak right now, so I added some stakes and ties. Hopefully the silica helps toughen them up a bit.

Hope all of your grows are going well! Thanks for stopping by.

Hey everyone!

Hope you are doing well, and ready for the weekend. Just a quick update today... here are the girls looking healthy, basking in the sunlight. Gorgeous out here today. They are almost 5' tall now, and pistils are chugging along. And.. they are starting to stink! A month from now there won't be anyone in the neighbourhood who won't be getting a whiff.

I gave them there first shot of Gaia Green Flower fertilizer, as well as a weak tea of kelp, fish emulsion, sea minerals, plus some extra silica. The stems are a bit thin and weak right now, so I added some stakes and ties. Hopefully the silica helps toughen them up a bit.

Hope all of your grows are going well! Thanks for stopping by.

Looking, good Bard. Nice healthy plants and with them around five feet you should get lots of good bud. Is that dill growing beside it?

Looking, good Bard. Nice healthy plants and with them around five feet you should get lots of good bud. Is that dill growing beside it?

Thanks Homer.

No, not dill, although it looks a bit like it, but much much taller. It is my asparagus patch! I thought the tall, wispy stalks would be a nice visual barrier, but it still lets lots of light through. Even though my grow is legal, the neighbours are a bit sketchy on one side, and I don't want my plants (or more important, the buds) disappearing right at harvest. It is actually working pretty well to block sightlines. The tips of the asparagus, even bent over, are over six feet tall. So if the girls get much taller, they won't be blocked anymore. :) Asparagus harvest was a good one in the spring this year. Yummy!

BTW, congrats again on your award this month - well done!

Thanks Homer.

No, not dill, although it looks a bit like it, but much much taller. It is my asparagus patch! I thought the tall, wispy stalks would be a nice visual barrier, but it still lets lots of light through. Even though my grow is legal, the neighbours are a bit sketchy on one side, and I don't want my plants (or more important, the buds) disappearing right at harvest. It is actually working pretty well to block sightlines. The tips of the asparagus, even bent over, are over six feet tall. So if the girls get much taller, they won't be blocked anymore. :) Asparagus harvest was a good one in the spring this year. Yummy!

BTW, congrats again on your award this month - well done!

Oh, that is interesting. We always had a garden when I was a kid but I didn't know asparagus could be grown in this area. Your neighbors must think you are growing a particularly pungent variety of asparagus. :p I can relate to the sketchy neighbor; same reason I am only indoors. Thank you for the congrats; I am hoping I get my prizes before they change their minds or realize it was a big mixup, lol....

Oh, that is interesting. We always had a garden when I was a kid but I didn't know asparagus could be grown in this area. Your neighbors must think you are growing a particularly pungent variety of asparagus. :p I can relate to the sketchy neighbor; same reason I am only indoors. Thank you for the congrats; I am hoping I get my prizes before they change their minds or realize it was a big mixup, lol....

Asparagus is pretty hardy. I think it grows even quite far up north. It is my favourite veggie. Unfortunately, I can only harvest about half of the shoots that come up each spring. In another couple of years, I can increase to 75%, but always need to leave some to feed the crowns and roots for next season.

Nope, definitely not a mixup - you earned it!

Bard, I just discovered your journal and am especially interested in your Critical Mass plants. I'm doing my first grow and have 5 CM in a greenhouse/grow tunnel, in pots, and one CM outside in soil. I trained the potted plants and they are 3 x 3 feet, 14 inches high. The outside plant is about chest high with very strong stems. I'm not sure if it is starting to flower but assume it must be close.

Have you used Critical Mass before? (I haven't.)

Bard, I just discovered your journal and am especially interested in your Critical Mass plants. I'm doing my first grow and have 5 CM in a greenhouse/grow tunnel, in pots, and one CM outside in soil. I trained the potted plants and they are 3 x 3 feet, 14 inches high. The outside plant is about chest high with very strong stems. I'm not sure if it is starting to flower but assume it must be close.

Have you used Critical Mass before? (I haven't.)

Hey there Simon, thanks for stopping by! No, I haven't grown or experienced CM before, so it will be a surprise. Mine are "fast" genetics, meaning they are supposed to start and finishing flowering quicker, which was great for me given the short outdoor season here. My understanding is that it is supposed to produce a happy, mellow effect, which sounded good, and a nice contrast to the Cindy, which is much more of an energizing high.

I'll try to get over to check out your journal.

Good luck with your harvest!

Hey everyone,

Was down in the garden doing some weeding and feeding etc. Had to do some tying up, as the girls are really stretching. I'm a bit worried about their flimsy stems holding up ok when they put on some weight. I'm going to need some taller stakes I think. Some huge leaves on these girls, and one is pushing six feet tall.

Today was the last foliar feeding, as pistils are really starting to show. I will do some root-feeding with silica, fish emulsion, kelp, etc. this coming weekend. I hope the silica will help strengthen stems.

Good day to all!

Nice job Bard! 6' tall huh? Man I'm glad I topped mine. They would have been in the neighbors kitchen :rofl:

Thanks Sauga!

I did actually top these gals, but didn't do any other training on them. Just let them do their thing. It is just the one tall branch sticking up in the photo I posted that is pushing 6' right now. All the others are between 4.5-5'. But stretching like crazy. I'm sure your gals are doing great too!

Back
Top Bottom