Barney’s Farm With The Mars Hydro

Just now, when opening the 420Mag site, I noticed that @Remo Nutrients are the 420Mag, Sponsor of the Month.
Good Stuff! :cool:

Today is day 50. Another water/feed and inspection day, no more nanners were found. The 2 gal bags are getting overly dry for flower in 2 days, I’ll need to start adding some water to the drip trays. Maintaining this grow has turned into a job. Fitting them back is slow, and I’m afraid I will get to the last couple and not have room to fit them back in.

It amazes me how fast autos grow. The light was angled to better the distance to the tops.

Happy grows :peace:

16.2.P1010340.JPG

16.2.P1010348.JPG

16.2.P1010352.JPG

16.2.P1010357.JPG

16.2.P1010366.JPG

16.2.P1010376.JPG

16.2.P1010380.JPG

16.2.P1010387.JPG

16.2.P1010389.JPG

16.2.P1010391.JPG

Hey Stinker!

As I read you found couple nanners (only couple luckily) Did you put the plants under high heat stress or did you have more than one light source?

Back in the days one of my autos produced couple nanners as I had whole different spectrum second additional light for the lower canopy.
Don’t know sure if the light was the reason, but the nanners appeared on lower 1/3 by then. As they usually appear on upper 2/3 or mid plant.

Also I assume you’re using Remos VeloKelp (saw your diary in Gdiaries and saw the listed nutes) in pretty high doses +2ml/l(?)
VeloKelp is pretty rich in Ascophyllym nodosum (kelp) and this kelp has many plant hormones.
The plants hormonal activity is pretty complex thing, but up to this point Ive done some research and noticed overdoing Kelp can cause more likely more harm than good. And plants unbalanced hormonal activity can already cause hermies.

But garden looks great anyway :thumb:

Hey Stinker!

As I read you found couple nanners (only couple luckily) Did you put the plants under high heat stress or did you have more than one light source?

Back in the days one of my autos produced couple nanners as I had whole different spectrum second additional light for the lower canopy.
Don’t know sure if the light was the reason, but the nanners appeared on lower 1/3 by then. As they usually appear on upper 2/3 or mid plant.

Also I assume you’re using Remos VeloKelp (saw your diary in Gdiaries and saw the listed nutes) in pretty high doses +2ml/l(?)
VeloKelp is pretty rich in Ascophyllym nodosum (kelp) and this kelp has many plant hormones.
The plants hormonal activity is pretty complex thing, but up to this point Ive done some research and noticed overdoing Kelp can cause more likely more harm than good. And plants unbalanced hormonal activity can already cause hermies.

But garden looks great anyway :thumb:
Hi Verbalist, the 4 nanners were found at the first existing node on 1 Runtz, no other places or plants. I think it was due to cold air being pumped in on the underside of the plant. I inadvertently didn't have the hose extended that disperses the air, so the cold was all dumped on that plant.
Remo is new to me, I was cautious building up to those numbers and am comfortable with them for now. I appreciate the heads up.
I used a number of products prior to Remo, and always build up slow, keep a record and adjust slowly. Would rather they pull from green leaves than overdo it with nutrients.

These are thirsty plants. There is a time of my night during lights on where these plants start to transpire for a few hours, and the humidity gets too high. Some of the leaves that would touch each other would get wet, even with fans. With the bigger plants being further behind it was harder to control. I did another defoliation today. Usually I like to leave most of the fan leaves alone. I find the plant usually uses and discards what is excess or in the way. Hope the defoil helps with the humidity. :peace:

P1010399.JPG

P1010401.JPG

P1010411.JPG

P1010418.JPG

P1010419.JPG

P1010422.JPG

P1010423.JPG

I wonder if any of those tubs of desiccant powder that are for damp wardrobes would help? Not that I've used them and I have no experience of indoor growing but fan leaves getting wet on their own is something I've not seen.

I wonder if any of those tubs of desiccant powder that are for damp wardrobes would help? Not that I've used them and I have no experience of indoor growing but fan leaves getting wet on their own is something I've not seen.
If they were resting and two flat parts were on top of each other, it was wet when separating where touching. I'm usually asleep, it happens from 1:am for awhile going by the readings. It'll be better when the bigger ones are further along. Hopefully the Runtz are ready soon, they are fast.

Omg they are stacked!

I love the diagonal grow :)

Thanks sweetie, the pic worked. I wondered if noticed.

Looks like your close to nit free, unless I missed something. Hard to keep up with the popular threads. :D

The buds are stacking nicely, even mid plant on most. My intention was to concentrate on main colas. I didn't expect this much middle growth, especially with most in 2 gal grow bags.
Yesterday the light was angled so it could be closer to the lower, Runtz. Today I found out that the LED's are directional as I suspected, so I will be lessening the angle. Thank you for confirming @bluter .

P1010424.JPG

P1010427.JPG

P1010429.JPG

Thanks sweetie, the pic worked. I wondered if noticed.

Looks like your close to nit free, unless I missed something. Hard to keep up with the popular threads. :D
Hey Stinky la Rue :)

I’m so happy. They all look nit free atm. I haven't sprayed in 2 days. If I don’t see a nit I skip (days that is, and I do a little skip of joy lol).

My thread has been described as a few different things, but never popular… lollingggg

I’m so happy. They all look nit free atm. I haven't sprayed in 2 days. If I don’t see a nit I skip (days that is, and I do a little skip of joy lol).
I'm glad you don't see any. Best to repeat applications on schedule for a few treatments and again a week to 10 days later. Even if you don't see them keep treating if you want to be rid of for good. Just saying. :)

I'm glad you don't see any. Best to repeat applications on schedule for a few treatments and again a week to 10 days later. Even if you don't see them keep treating if you want to be rid of for good. Just saying. :)
I will :)

It seems every 2 days I still need take a load of fans off. Never have I needed to defoliate so heavily. The topped Runtz is showing the most frost. There is a double headed spear on the topped Zkittlez. The tall plants have just started to really flower, two Cheesecake's and a Zkittlez. There are two others that have been needing supplemental calmag, the indica heavy Zkittlez and the topped Runtz. There are always small rust spots on a few leaves since they started to flower, even though they are getting extra calmag. I had this before, it seems some will always show some deficiency.

The smell is strong now if out of the tent. :peace:

P1010456.JPG

P1010458.JPG

P1010459.JPG

P1010460.JPG

P1010462.JPG

Getting closer. Its difficult updating daily nothing really changes. Its a commitment! The Zkittlez already looks better from the additional Calmag yesterday, the Runtz shows more red and gold crinkling on the sugars, its frosty though. Getting anxious to have something finish here soon, it'd be nice to have more room for the bigger, later to flower plants. They all filled out good for as tight as it is. Pics with an external light at lights out :peace:

P1010470.JPG

P1010475.JPG

P1010479.JPG

P1010482.JPG

P1010488.JPG

P1010483.JPG

Getting closer. Its difficult updating daily nothing really changes. Its a commitment! The Zkittlez already looks better from the additional Calmag yesterday, the Runtz shows more red and gold crinkling on the sugars, its frosty though. Getting anxious to have something finish here soon, it'd be nice to have more room for the bigger, later to flower plants. They all filled out good for as tight as it is. Pics with an external light at lights out :peace:
Looking good stinker, I feel the same about my plants, I love looking at them and imagining what they'll look in a little while, but photo wise there isn't a massive lot of difference. But anyway, it is always good to see something rather than nothing!

But definitely 'hold your line' and let them remain until properly finished. Last year I chopped my plants together at the same time, and that was a mistake as the Strawberry Cough turned out to be not quite ready, if only I had waited longer but I got too impatient and plus because I have to do things fairly stealthily, the family were out and I took the opportunity that presented to chop all the plants out with their roots and them carry them back across the carpet of the house and get them hung up for drying, all without making a load of mess that the wife would have gone bananas over.

Back
Top Bottom