Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Now these 2 look worse than they are. They're still growing well but look...sad....

Orange Sherbert. She's what I imagine when I think of indica strains. Short, squat and heavy looking. She did look better yesterday when her fingers where stretched out to the side....

Gorilla Zkittles. Now this ones going straight up! I think I'm gonna change my decision to top at the 8th to 10th node and go with what we have now which is five. I'll wait until they look a bit stronger before I top to reduce stress on an already stressed plant....

They look a bit yellow under this light but they're actually a nice green colour still. Here's a family pic with the light turned down so you can see them a bit better....

Does yours look a bit like that HH? I'll be over your way soon as I'm still catching up on journals. With mine I have the ability to turn my lights up and down so I've merely put at just below half power. There is already improvement since I've returned from work. If you can't turn your lights down then just raise them by about a foot and see what happens. I can't remember what Lights you use. I'll be over shortly :)
Yes, that’s what mine look like too. I don’t know what to make of it. I fed them yesterday and last night thy all looked happy. This morning - droops again. :hmmmm:

Attachments

• FF248B57-79D4-47E4-9AA1-EF7E345DDB46.jpeg
    FF248B57-79D4-47E4-9AA1-EF7E345DDB46.jpeg
    823.4 KB · Views: 158
  • AFB00AD8-A3F2-4D20-BEB6-F0E570C0DDF6.jpeg
    AFB00AD8-A3F2-4D20-BEB6-F0E570C0DDF6.jpeg
    811.2 KB · Views: 179
It could only get worse for them if left in that condition so I transplanted them into 3ltr fabric pots. Now here's the thing. I didn't have any more soil so I did something I've never done before and used some of the soil from a pot from a previous grow. Soil that's saturated in flowering nutes also because I listened to Shed (and Magoo on that one).
I reuse old soil but I flush it first. Not back to 0 but I stick it in the flower beds and run a hose through it and then let it dry out. Though last pot I just left outside and let the rain do it. I would imagine that would work where you are too ;).

Oh, and man was that ready for transplant!

Yes, that’s what mine look like too. I don’t know what to make of it. I fed them yesterday and last night thy all looked happy. This morning - droops again. :hmmmm:
Is it happening to all of them?
I reuse old soil but I flush it first. Not back to 0 but I stick it in the flower beds and run a hose through it and then let it dry out. Though last pot I just left outside and let the rain do it. I would imagine that would work where you are too ;).

Oh, and man was that ready for transplant!
No flush on these as I thought that it may take a while to dry out enough not to drown the plants. Time will tell if I've made a mistake
Both plants had roots like that. Can't knock these stains so far. What's happened to them here is grower error and it'll be sorted soon. Both are really strong plants

All of them off and on. I’m wearing a patch from scratching my head about these girls. Raised the lights hoping it would make it better, but then droops again. I’m thinking it can’t be the issue you were having because they’re in 5gal and 3gal fabric pots. I’ll keep plugging along.

phew took some catching up for me here. Girls are looking great Prof. Def ordering some of the gz and orange for next seed run. do love G Glue so mixed with this sweetener too. can only be a winner. hoping their good yielders so watching with big eyes.. ( held open with matches mind you !) Been looking like Homer Simpson since harvest started !!!.
great updates matey

EhCndGrower and myself both had the droopy leaves going on with the gz. I turned my light down and they fully recovered fairly quickly. So I'd give a warning to anyone growing the Gorilla Zkittles be very care when trying to increase your light intensity and also raise your light along with the plants growth. Professor, I wish you luck and I hope your plants enjoy their new homes.

All of them off and on. I’m wearing a patch from scratching my head about these girls. Raised the lights hoping it would make it better, but then droops again. I’m thinking it can’t be the issue you were having because they’re in 5gal and 3gal fabric pots. I’ll keep plugging along.

All these droopy plants reminds me of my PEauto! She was droopy for weeks and I couldn’t for the life of my figure it out. After playing with the light distance and nutrients I ended up sorting her out but she never returned back to her happy green self. She perked up and looked better but never gained her true green back! But with that being said she’s continues to grow strong and pushing out som frosty dense buds so I’m OK with her hah!

Hopefully Professor got his sorted out, those roots were ready for more room. I bumped up nutes, since that’s what you did on PE, otherwise I’ll just keep scratching my head over here.
How are the ladies recovering today Prof?

Hey guys! When I got up this morning I had a quick look before heading out to work and they looked better already. When I arrived back home I noticed that they had drooped slightly again. I think that they'll be fine but I'm going to add a night period so they can get some rest each day. I am certain now that my issues were caused by the plants being root-bound. The light intensity certainly didn't help though. These 2 will need a few days to recover from this properly but I'm confident that they'll be fine. Pics coming up shortly, I need a shower first lol

phew took some catching up for me here. Girls are looking great Prof. Def ordering some of the gz and orange for next seed run. do love G Glue so mixed with this sweetener too. can only be a winner. hoping their good yielders so watching with big eyes.. ( held open with matches mind you !) Been looking like Homer Simpson since harvest started !!!.
great updates matey
Good to see you back again GG! Despite what's happened to my specimens I still highly recommend these to based on what I've seen. That root growth was crazy! Are you running yours in DWC? @Lewydeville has a GZ thats a few days younger than mine in his hydro setup at the moment and if his pheno has roots like these then his plant is going to be a monster. Thanks man am doing hope you're well bud :)
EhCndGrower and myself both had the droopy leaves going on with the gz. I turned my light down and they fully recovered fairly quickly. So I'd give a warning to anyone growing the Gorilla Zkittles be very care when trying to increase your light intensity and also raise your light along with the plants growth. Professor, I wish you luck and I hope your plants enjoy their new homes.
I haven't mentioned it on this thread yet but these 3 Barneys strains are currently sharing the veg space with four other plants. I won't name them because this is a Barneys thread but two of them got hit pretty bad with the light intensity as well. I think that we have it under control now though. Thanks Cookie!

All these droopy plants reminds me of my PEauto! She was droopy for weeks and I couldn’t for the life of my figure it out. After playing with the light distance and nutrients I ended up sorting her out but she never returned back to her happy green self. She perked up and looked better but never gained her true green back! But with that being said she’s continues to grow strong and pushing out som frosty dense buds so I’m OK with her hah!
These are only at the beginning of their lives so I'll have plenty of time for all the green to return. I'm going to let the pots that they're in dry out well before watering them again. This should be enough time to tell if the flowering nutrients are having an adverse effect on them and if they are then I'll give them a good flush. Organics usually take a little while for things to start to taking effect. Thank you Dutcharoo?!?!
Hopefully Professor got his sorted out, those roots were ready for more room. I bumped up nutes, since that’s what you did on PE, otherwise I’ll just keep scratching my head over here.
How are the ladies recovering today Prof?
Lol, you'll end up like me if you keep scratching. Like mr potato head who's been played with by toddlers who have orange juice on there hands and then rolled over a carpet covered in cat hair!

Well, here's the damage. At first glance they don't look great but all new growth is unaffected and they are still drinking and gaining size. The GZ older leaves won't recover from this but not to worry as they usually come off at some point early on in most of my grows anyway. Ironically I was going to try and keep them for this grow but nevermind. Here they are now....

The bad leaves. Symptoms of being root-bound....

The Orange Sherbert should fully recover....

The Phantom OG is still kicking ass though. I'll be ready for this one and will transplant her soon....

Good to see you back again GG! Despite what's happened to my specimens I still highly recommend these to based on what I've seen. That root growth was crazy! Are you running yours in DWC? @Lewydeville has a GZ thats a few days younger than mine in his hydro setup at the moment and if his pheno has roots like these then his plant is going to be a monster. Thanks man am doing hope you're well bud :)

I haven't mentioned it on this thread yet but these 3 Barneys strains are currently sharing the veg space with four other plants. I won't name them because this is a Barneys thread but two of them got hit pretty bad with the light intensity as well. I think that we have it under control now though. Thanks Cookie!

These are only at the beginning of their lives so I'll have plenty of time for all the green to return. I'm going to let the pots that they're in dry out well before watering them again. This should be enough time to tell if the flowering nutrients are having an adverse effect on them and if they are then I'll give them a good flush. Organics usually take a little while for things to start to taking effect. Thank you Dutcharoo?!?!

Lol, you'll end up like me if you keep scratching. Like mr potato head who's been played with by toddlers who have orange juice on there hands and then rolled over a carpet covered in cat hair!
Thanks prof. been a busy couple of weeks with the tribe and trims. Not to mention too much dank product about !!!
all looking great though still in your farm. Still have Buddha and utopias to trim here too. hate dry trimming with a passion but looking forward to the ice hash.
Dont know what it is with Gz mainly but feel a real pull towards it . Seeds need sorting for next one in now i think. We get a promo code dont we ??

Well, here's the damage. At first glance they don't look great but all new growth is unaffected and they are still drinking and gaining size. The GZ older leaves won't recover from this but not to worry as they usually come off at some point early on in most of my grows anyway. Ironically I was going to try and keep them for this grow but nevermind. Here they are now....

The bad leaves. Symptoms of being root-bound....

The Orange Sherbert should fully recover....

The Phantom OG is still kicking ass though. I'll be ready for this one and will transplant her soon....
Just when i think i am mind set , you show the Phantom og to muddy the waters. lol love big fat leaves after all my sativa/haze cropping. What os your planned training with the GZ. Seems she keeps altering the course for you ! .lol

Dont know what it is with Gz mainly but feel a real pull towards it
Maybe it's the Glue ;)
Just when i think i am mind set , you show the Phantom og to muddy the waters. lol love big fat leaves after all my sativa/haze cropping. What os your planned training with the GZ. Seems she keeps altering the course for you ! .lol
That Phantom is a beauty. I have a thing for cookie strains and I really don't grow enough of them. My new plan is to grow with the flow lol. For now any plan is out the window until I see them healthy and bushy again. Now that they've been topped they should bush up nicely. I still can't get what Shed said out of the back of my mind. We should know if the soil is bad for them by the end of the weekend. Thanks GG

I still can't get what Shed said out of the back of my mind. We should know if the soil is bad for them by the end of the weekend.
The problem with figuring out their problem is that three things happened all at the same time...dramatic increase in lighting (which would tend to require a rapid increase in nutrients), rootbound unhappiness, and new pots filled with leftover end-of-flower nutes. Let's hope they sort themselves out by the end of the weekend!

Maybe it's the Glue ;)

That Phantom is a beauty. I have a thing for cookie strains and I really don't grow enough of them. My new plan is to grow with the flow lol. For now any plan is out the window until I see them healthy and bushy again. Now that they've been topped they should bush up nicely. I still can't get what Shed said out of the back of my mind. We should know if the soil is bad for them by the end of the weekend. Thanks GG
lol glue.
fingers crossed they bounce back prof. they look hardy buggers

The problem with figuring out their problem is that three things happened all at the same time...dramatic increase in lighting (which would tend to require a rapid increase in nutrients), rootbound unhappiness, and new pots filled with leftover end-of-flower nutes. Let's hope they sort themselves out by the end of the weekend!
Agreed. We'll sort them out. Do you add anything to your soil when you recycle it after a grow?

lol glue.
fingers crossed they bounce back prof. they look hardy buggers
They will GG. When I removed them from the pots the root ball was solid. They really want to grow and I have a feeling they'll explode into life soon

Back
Top Bottom