Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Hey 420! Another 24+ hours has past and there is some more improvement with the plants since yesterday. I think that we have gotten away with using the hot soil and there is noticeable change in their vigour....

Orange Sherbert

Shes still a little droopy but there has been some good improvement.

Gorilla Zkittles

She's still growing strong and underneath those leaves she has some growth. Her older leaves do look a bit shabby now though but we knew that was coming....

Phantom OG
I'm going to transplant this one on the weekend at some point. Also I'm going to recycle soil from the previous grow for these which should be interesting as I've never done that before but it seems like a good idea. It'll be cheaper which would be my main reason for considering it at the moment but also because it seems like a good thing to do. I'll do some reading up on it first though....

I did but that was only adding an extra 2ltrs of soil during veg. If anything went wrong I could correct it at this stage without ruining them. I'm just cautious because I'm on the worlds stage and I would like these to turn out good

Oh alright I'll do it. I do have a lot of soil to get rid of otherwise and that would be a shame. I've been growing in hydro recently and when I grew in soil before I always started each grow with a fresh bag. I was scared of nutrient depletion and pest amongst other things

Have to agree with lewyd there prof. It looks like a zena warrior woman kinda lady. All look happier now though. Replenished or re used soil would make sense as nature works similar sytstem i suppose. composting our stalks and waste could also have a focused use too with that in mind. All that falls to ground would naturally rot into the next seasons mulch and nutes repeatedly.?. Hot soil is another matter lol.

Looking happier after the transplant mate. That Phantom og is going to be a beauty.
I'll be transplanting the phantom later today. I bet her roots are starting to go around the pot now
Have to agree with lewyd there prof. It looks like a zena warrior woman kinda lady. All look happier now though. Replenished or re used soil would make sense as nature works similar sytstem i suppose. composting our stalks and waste could also have a focused use too with that in mind. All that falls to ground would naturally rot into the next seasons mulch and nutes repeatedly.?. Hot soil is another matter lol.
Completely agree with you, it's just that its new to me so I'm being cautious. I'm gonna bokashi all of the fan leaves and stalks from the harvest that I'm going to be doing over the next few days then use the run off juice to feed the micro heard before I put the GZ and OS into their final pots. I've just finished recovering all the soil from 6 plants that I harvested last week and need to give it a flush which I'll be doing in a little while

Right. So I've finished sorting out the soil. I've removed it from the old pots, broken it up and taken the worst of the root matter out. I then flushed it with about 50ltrs of water which I'm sure is overkill. I have a question though. After having just been flushed is there a way to dry out the soil a bit quicker without killing all the micro organisms? It's pretty cold and cloudy here so leaving out in the sun is a waste of time. I've put it back into the 2x2.5 tent with the light on to generate some heat. I've also turned on the fan for air movement. Even so it feels like it may take weeks to dry out enough before I can put a plant in it. Any suggestions would be awesome. The lights just came on in the veg tent so I'll be able to take some pics of the ladies shortly. They look much better now. There's still a bit of discolouration but they look much more alive. My kid just woke up though so I'm off to sort out her first apparently lol. Back soon :)

Right. So I've finished sorting out the soil. I've removed it from the old pots, broken it up and taken the worst of the root matter out. I then flushed it with about 50ltrs of water which I'm sure is overkill. I have a question though. After having just been flushed is there a way to dry out the soil a bit quicker without killing all the micro organisms? It's pretty cold and cloudy here so leaving out in the sun is a waste of time. I've put it back into the 2x2.5 tent with the light on to generate some heat. I've also turned on the fan for air movement. Even so it feels like it may take weeks to dry out enough before I can put a plant in it. Any suggestions would be awesome. The lights just came on in the veg tent so I'll be able to take some pics of the ladies shortly. They look much better now. There's still a bit of discolouration but they look much more alive. My kid just woke up though so I'm off to sort out her first apparently lol. Back soon :)
Hey Prof! :ciao: Glad to see you recycling, nice job! I’d think the soil would dry out faster if you get it into the smaller containers that you’ll be transplanting to. I just saw P9 do that for his seedlings. I think he said it helps with dirt settling too. I dunno, seemed like a good idea to me.

Hey Prof! :ciao: Glad to see you recycling, nice job! I’d think the soil would dry out faster if you get it into the smaller containers that you’ll be transplanting to. I just saw P9 do that for his seedlings. I think he said it helps with dirt settling too. I dunno, seemed like a good idea to me.
Thanks for the input HH. One of those ideas that are so simple that it's easy to overlook :)
Do you have a dehumidifier?

Place it onto smaller fabric pots and place near dehumidifier. It should draw the moisture out quickly!!!
No dehumidifier but I do have some large trays with which I can spread it out :)
Hello dear.:ciao:
Poke holes in the soil with a dowel or something similar. It will dry much faster.
Thanks VG. The more surface area idea! I'm going to use my 80ltr hydro tray to spread it out a bit and get some air blowing over the top of it :)

See what I mean. Way more perky looking but still a little damage occurring to the leaves. I think it may be a case of just riding it out and giving them a little time to adjust to the new pots. Thanks for putting up with me guys :party:

I can't apparently. Working with living organics so it will kill all the crawlies. Unless they do a organic version but I've never heard of that. Plus I'm trying to save money so I can have some time off when we have our baby.

Back
Top Bottom