Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

Hey Prof! I’ve fell behind on your journal the last week but everything is right on track it seems! :ganjamon: I’ll catch up properly later this week.
POG is beasting out as per usual, GZ is looking delicious and damn that OS sure is orange hey? Man I love that. All is well the Profs garden! :bravo::morenutes:

Hey Prof! I’ve fell behind on your journal the last week but everything is right on track it seems! :ganjamon: I’ll catch up properly later this week.
POG is beasting out as per usual, GZ is looking delicious and damn that OS sure is orange hey? Man I love that. All is well the Profs garden! :bravo::morenutes:
Don't worry Irie, I'm behind now also so we can catch up together! Time for some updates!
:passitleft:

The Phantom OG!

Hey 420! I'm back after a couple days off. I've mainly been catching up with jobs and spending some time with the family. The most eventful thing that has happened to me this week so far has been me running away from an Asian Hornet! Has anyone seen those things? They're insane! There's a couple flying around at work over the last 2 days and man! When those things are around you don't take your eyes off them. I'd heard about them "Invading" the UK as the tabloids like to say lol but it's no time until you see them that you think "F***"! Apparently the feeling when you are stung by them is like having a hot nail driven into you. I didn't allow that to happen, not even for science lol. Anyway on to the POG! I haven't really seen her over the last couple of days and was a bit worried that she needed watering lol. She does need watering! I'll do it in the morning. She's looking fantastic and I've actually managed to take some pics of her at lights out like I had promised but didn't do. The camera couldn't take pics in the low light very well so I had to utilise the flash. Never mind, you get an idea of what's going on with her. She's going to be fed 18g in 10ltrs of MegaCrop with tomorrow's feed and I'll probably leave it at that until I see some indication of what she needs. I need to stake her soon before I have another Gorilla Zkittles moment on my hands and Shed tells me off. Her buds are looking awesome and definitely have a darker shade to them. It's a Cookies hybrid so it could go anywhere regarding colour. She is starting to develop a more interesting smell now and although it's difficult to pinpoint I'd say that it's kinda nutty. We're currently on day 38 of flower and I can see that she's not going to disappoint in terms of yield. I'm not quite sure that we'll get a pound from her but I don't think 12+ oz will be a problem. It all depends how chunky those nugs get. Well, that's enough of my ramblings. Time for the Pogasaur!....
ORG_DSC02981.JPG
ORG_DSC02982.JPG
ORG_DSC02983.JPG
ORG_DSC02984.JPG
ORG_DSC02985.JPG
ORG_DSC02986.JPG
ORG_DSC02990.JPG
ORG_DSC02993.JPG
ORG_DSC02994.JPG
ORG_DSC02995.JPG

LOL the ax! #teamPOG but I'm sticking with the OS as my second choice, so we're in agreement there.
MegaCrop is great but it's difficult to just make a small, say 500ml feed for some young plants.
Mix up your big batch and dilute down to where you want for the babies. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I even do that for the flowering plants as there's a better chance of balls-to-powder homogeneity in larger amounts. I do 12g/gallon and cut it with a gallon of plain water at the moment.
The POG continues to perform nicely
Nicely? King of the understatement Professor. It's a beauty top to bottom.
Im really interested to see how the Megacrop performs in hydro. On their website they are offering a free 300gram sample so i might run a bucket next to my nutes and see the difference.
WestHippie is about to start a flood and drain with MC so we'll get to see how it works in a res.
I need to stake her soon before I have another Gorilla Zkittles moment on my hands and Shed tells me off.
o_O Gentle nudging is all I can be accused of!

The Gorilla Zkittles....

We're on the final stretch with this one and I'm thinking about chopping on the 13th so we've 10 days to go. Not many ambers on her yet but there's still some time for that. Her buds are quite small but very dense. There's also a lot of budsites and I think that with more power she would be a very good yielder. She has an interesting scent with sour fruit and chemmy tones but also something else which I'm not familiar with so I'm looking forward to sampling some. I'm hoping to get some more colours from her before the end but if you look closely at her there are shades of greens and purple with hsome of her lower buds being really purple. I'm hoping that it spreads up the plant. She's been fairly straightforward since the flip to flower though with this pheno staking was essential. Overall I'm happy with this one so far and look forward to seeing some of her dried nugs....
ORG_DSC02965.JPG
ORG_DSC02966.JPG
ORG_DSC02967.JPG
ORG_DSC02968.JPG
ORG_DSC02969.JPG
ORG_DSC02970.JPG
ORG_DSC02971.JPG
ORG_DSC02972.JPG
ORG_DSC02973.JPG

The Orange Sherbert....

#teamorangesherbert is still kicking ass! She's got some rough looking leaves starting to appear in places but at this stage of the game that doesn't interest me lol. I'll be chopping her on the same day as the GZ even though I think she may be finished slightly sooner. She does have a few ambers on her and her buds are rock solid. Even more so than the GZ. I don't want to guess on the yields of these two but I think it'll be close. The GZ has a lot of bud but the OS has some large and much heavier buds. I could have done a better job of trimming her and opening her up to the light a bit more and will have lost a bit of weight because of it. She should be good in the end though and will have some pretty buds. She's got a great fruity smell. Creamy Citrus and funky berrys. Should be a good one....
ORG_DSC02974.JPG
ORG_DSC02975.JPG
ORG_DSC02976.JPG
ORG_DSC02977.JPG
ORG_DSC02978.JPG
ORG_DSC02979.JPG
ORG_DSC02980.JPG

The Phantom OG!

Hey 420! I'm back after a couple days off. I've mainly been catching up with jobs and spending some time with the family. The most eventful thing that has happened to me this week so far has been me running away from an Asian Hornet! Has anyone seen those things? They're insane! There's a couple flying around at work over the last 2 days and man! When those things are around you don't take your eyes off them. I'd heard about them "Invading" the UK as the tabloids like to say lol but it's no time until you see them that you think "F***"! Apparently the feeling when you are stung by them is like having a hot nail driven into you. I didn't allow that to happen, not even for science lol. Anyway on to the POG! I haven't really seen her over the last couple of days and was a bit worried that she needed watering lol. She does need watering! I'll do it in the morning. She's looking fantastic and I've actually managed to take some pics of her at lights out like I had promised but didn't do. The camera couldn't take pics in the low light very well so I had to utilise the flash. Never mind, you get an idea of what's going on with her. She's going to be fed 18g in 10ltrs of MegaCrop with tomorrow's feed and I'll probably leave it at that until I see some indication of what she needs. I need to stake her soon before I have another Gorilla Zkittles moment on my hands and Shed tells me off. Her buds are looking awesome and definitely have a darker shade to them. It's a Cookies hybrid so it could go anywhere regarding colour. She is starting to develop a more interesting smell now and although it's difficult to pinpoint I'd say that it's kinda nutty. We're currently on day 38 of flower and I can see that she's not going to disappoint in terms of yield. I'm not quite sure that we'll get a pound from her but I don't think 12+ oz will be a problem. It all depends how chunky those nugs get. Well, that's enough of my ramblings. Time for the Pogasaur!....
ORG_DSC02981.JPG
ORG_DSC02982.JPG
ORG_DSC02983.JPG
ORG_DSC02984.JPG
ORG_DSC02985.JPG
ORG_DSC02986.JPG
ORG_DSC02990.JPG
ORG_DSC02993.JPG
ORG_DSC02994.JPG
ORG_DSC02995.JPG
looking good Prof. careful with Mrs GG''s leg shaver , i had to make promises to get you use of it !!.

Veg Tent Update....

The last update is a simple one. I popped the plants out of the pots to check the roots and they're not that bad. The 2 BG41's are showing signs that they'd like to be transplanted though so I'm in the process of doing just that. I'm doing this a little differently yet again. Basically I've decided not to run these in the Wilma and will be putting them into 5 gallon pots instead. When I gathered all my remaining soil together I realised that I had no way near enough to fill all the pots so I had to improvise. Again that means spending money so I did some research and decided to fill the rest of the pots up with sand as I can get it for free. I ended up bringing a couple bags back from work and proceeded to mix it with the soil. Now I think that there is more sand than soil in this mix so it will be interesting to see how the plants respond to it. I haven't actually transplanted them yet and will finish doing so tomorrow. It feels good and I think that there is just enough soil in there to hold the sand together without it becoming too lose and crumbly. I'll be giving it a good flush before I put the plants into it as I don't know where this sand is from and I'd imagine that it's possibly very salty. Here's the plants this evening....
ORG_DSC02987.JPG

Here's the mix. This is the last bag to go in. The soil in this pic already has a lot of sand mixed in. I just hope that the mixture can retain enough water....
ORG_DSC02992.JPG

I'll finish these babies tomorrow....

That's going to be interesting! Flush it well so at least you know your starting with clean sand.
Should be indeed. The sand will give the mix great areation for the roots but will be able to hold less water. Worst case scenario is I'll have to set the dripper up to feed them little and often. It'll definitely be getting a good flush though I was wrong about it possibly being salty. Time for some sand stats!...

CLS28 Coarse Washed Yellow Sand
Properties and Benefits: The best all-round sand. A washed yellow flint-based sand for excellent workability, comprising 70% coarse (5mm down) to 30% fine (2mm down). Excellent for building, base coats/coarse renders and pointing.

Only the super nerds will care about that lol
Kids play sand is a good clean product to mix with your soil. 2 bags for 4 quid at Tesco’s as I bought some the weekend!
Most places I work seem to have tonnes just lying around. I was trying to get it before it go at contaminated by the cement and lyme. This stuffs apparently a bit coarse. See above lol

Phantom OG....

I finally managed to turn the brightness up on the camera. Only took a few weeks. I've just watered the thirsty POG. She's pretty comfortable in the tent and it's actually slightly cooler in there than it is outside. It's around 25C in the tent. Not much more to report on her....
ORG_DSC03032.JPG
ORG_DSC03033.JPG
ORG_DSC03034.JPG
ORG_DSC03035.JPG
ORG_DSC03036.JPG
ORG_DSC03037.JPG
ORG_DSC03038.JPG
ORG_DSC03039.JPG
ORG_DSC03040.JPG

Looks great Prof.
We are having a wonderful day celebrating the emancipation from our cruel English oppressors. Lol.
How you doin?
We are bastards VG but obviously you savages needed our guidance and teachings way back when !. We gave you fire and clothing , you gave us "aluwetta" !!. I think that in itself is payback for the tyranny. lol

Orange Sherbert....

She's still good!....
ORG_DSC03018.JPG
ORG_DSC03019.JPG
ORG_DSC03020.JPG
ORG_DSC03025.JPG
ORG_DSC03028.JPG
ORG_DSC03029.JPG
ORG_DSC03030.JPG
Sometimes the quickies are the best ! These girls are such pompadoos Prof that i am having to make words up ffs. Ran out of all the standard responses now. !
Hope your trim scissors are clean and ready for action ?

Back
Top Bottom