Barney's Mimosa EVO x Orange Punch

Dear Paranoid Gardener

Like always I asked for advice after I tore an arm off, literally.

My advice last week: bend branch until you hear it snap, say swear words, sulk

My advice this week: Call in the big guns!

Happy Growing

Signed, Veg like a Viking n Flower like a Fucktard.

Dear Paranoid Gardener

Happy Growing

thanks for posting the link..lol..not because ive big guns
:laugh:

Dear Paranoid Gardener

Happy Growing

lol, thanks Tra, I read your SC thread, very helpful. I may give it a go this weekend

U can SC her, shes better at this age because of her stems being more pliable. The light spread would be better to.
@Trala has a thread on SC, check it out if you like.
Thanks Gainesville, I'll check it out and may give her another try.

Yesterday I switched from the initial flowering product from FoxFarm called OpenSesame to a P/K heavy booster called BeastieBloomz (damn that's a big picture of the Beastie can :) ). MEVOOP instantly reacted by stretching another inch and she's again (way) to close to the light (4 1/2"....she is 4'7" tall in a 5'3" tent, what an idiot!). Its about an hour before lights out and I just finished a supercrop of all 8 mains, many of them for the second time. She is so sticky all of a sudden, my thumb and index finger are super-snowed together from just grabbing the stems. See below for some snow shots and before/after SC picts, she looks really sad right now.

46074046-26FC-4AD9-90FD-DD422EF7E5B8.jpeg

A1D846EA-4C72-4849-838D-365270422E9F.jpeg

17A3F7BC-A1D3-428E-8198-5F4E0B36257F.jpeg

0B55FA30-6B0B-4CBC-85EE-CD9415C9B8AC.jpeg

76A264A4-6BEF-4AEF-A638-F4D40D8D9121.jpeg

47781A97-5545-49E8-B0FF-8A94BF258047.jpeg

D878F8CF-C41B-47B9-BAFD-8BAF219817BA.jpeg

A60FFBA4-2ADC-488C-A369-F2F96288FA64.jpeg

2D5D8A83-92FF-4489-B997-FA1A8F448434.jpeg

One morning a few months ago I ran to our favorite donut shop, a 30 minute drive, thinking I'd surprise the fam to a big box of doughy sugar when they woke up. On the way back the box slipped off the car seat and the donuts (topped with all sorts of sticky gooey stuff) got jumbled up in the box. When I got home, I had to peal the donuts from each other and the lid to salvage what was left. That's how I felt this morning, pealing mains from each other, stringing them up to the tent roof so they can breath/get light (50/50 chance my next post starts with "crap I broke one of the mains rotating the plant"). Thinking positive thoughts, but no pictures yet, she needs another day or two to tidy up.

One morning a few months ago I ran to our favorite donut shop, a 30 minute drive, thinking I'd surprise the fam to a big box of doughy sugar when they woke up. On the way back the box slipped off the car seat and the donuts (topped with all sorts of sticky gooey stuff) got jumbled up in the box. When I got home, I had to peal the donuts from each other and the lid to salvage what was left. That's how I felt this morning, pealing mains from each other, stringing them up to the tent roof so they can breath/get light (50/50 chance my next post starts with "crap I broke one of the mains rotating the plant"). Thinking positive thoughts, but no pictures yet, she needs another day or two to tidy up.
Well I think you should post pics.

I think it’s helpful we share the hot messes we sometimes turn our plants into for what we hope is the greater good.

She will bounce back. Mine did.

Well I think you should post pics.

I think it’s helpful we share the hot messes we sometimes turn our plants into for what we hope is the greater good.

She will bounce back. Mine did.
ok you convinced me, hold on

She will totally bounce back, she was healthy from the start. It took mine about a week to recoup :passitleft:
Thanks Gainesville, I hope so. She's a mess right now but on the bright side, sticky AF and I hope the extra headroom will give her some relief

Some great progress here 024! I just got my own Barney's mevoop seeds, so dropped in to check this out. She's definitely looking mighty great in there.

Super cropping is definitely the way to go with a stretchy plant. The blue dream I grew never stopped. Some colas went above the light, hit the ceiling, turned sideways, and went towards the wall. Even with super cropping. I did observe many foxtails, but nothing that harmed the harvest.

However, most of my plant had airy buds. It looked like I should have gotten around 7+ oz, but only got just over 4. I think it was because of how close she got to the light, and the heat inside the tent. That's what others thought at the time too. Someone else grew the same strain from the same breeder and had airy buds, so it could very well have just been the pheno, too.

She will totally bounce back, she was healthy from the start. It took mine about a week to recoup :passitleft:
Thanks again Gainesville. She looks bad BUT I can see a glimmer of what could be as well if i can get her some breathing room in that mess of a canopy.

She really healthy looking, buds on the end already starting to point back up.
Very well done my friend, those middles are really going to come up now.
:high-five:
Thanks man, really appreciate it. I've been bummed because of how she looks but I saw that same thing, the ends starting to turn up, so there is still a goop chance to make this work.

Some great progress here 024! I just got my own Barney's mevoop seeds, so dropped in to check this out. She's definitely looking mighty great in there.

Super cropping is definitely the way to go with a stretchy plant. The blue dream I grew never stopped. Some colas went above the light, hit the ceiling, turned sideways, and went towards the wall. Even with super cropping. I did observe many foxtails, but nothing that harmed the harvest.

However, most of my plant had airy buds. It looked like I should have gotten around 7+ oz, but only got just over 4. I think it was because of how close she got to the light, and the heat inside the tent. That's what others thought at the time too. Someone else grew the same strain from the same breeder and had airy buds, so it could very well have just been the pheno, too.
Hey AspenCultivator, Thanks for following along. She has been really fun to grow and has/still is testing my growing skills. I had heard someone else mention that her buds were on the smaller side (maybe LKABudman) so maybe that's how she grows. I use LED's so heat and humidity are non-issues in my setup (if anything its not warm enough, I barely get to 75D most days). I can be an over-perfectionist, if my girl grew into the light and wrapped around the tent ceiling I'd have to see a therapist :Rasta:

Hey AspenCultivator, Thanks for following along. She has been really fun to grow and has/still is testing my growing skills. I had heard someone else mention that her buds were on the smaller side (maybe LKABudman) so maybe that's how she grows. I use LED's so heat and humidity are non-issues in my setup (if anything its not warm enough, I barely get to 75D most days). I can be an over-perfectionist, if my girl grew into the light and wrapped around the tent ceiling I'd have to see a therapist :Rasta:
I know @RedskinnedRhino has grown this strain as well and has also seen smallish buds. Not airy, though, they were nice and dense. She is still one of my favorites to smoke/vape.

Back
Top Bottom