Barney's Mimosa EVO x Orange Punch

Kind of a side post. I've been trying to get to know the 420 site and community a little better and found myself in this thread about fire safety from @Bill284. That's something I have taken for granted but after reading a few of his posts I just purchased a fireball suppressor from AMZN. My tent is in the basement in an unfinished room, surrounded by exposed insulation and framing. One spark and poof. Be safe everyone.

71wR6Xr5GHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know @RedskinnedRhino has grown this strain as well and has also seen smallish buds. Not airy, though, they were nice and dense. She is still one of my favorites to smoke/vape.

I've grown her a few times, i adore the scent and flavor, both before and after cure. (Cause they are wildly different) LKA is correct though, I haven't been able to coax out the large rocketship buds we all desire. I did get some amazing quality hand-grenades though.
I plan on breeding her with a big-budding plant that I've been keeping around, try to Beef up the genetics ya dig?
Yours look phenomenal, a healthy lady fo sho.
I swear yall have got brass balls with these techniques - breaking her stems like that after the pom-poms start growing, the loli-popping of the larf, the droughting...I barely trim a leaf after flip. I guess I'm just a 🐣🐔!

20221027_180651.jpg

Kind of a side post. I've been trying to get to know the 420 site and community a little better and found myself in this thread about fire safety from @Bill284. That's something I have taken for granted but after reading a few of his posts I just purchased a fireball suppressor from AMZN. My tent is in the basement in an unfinished room, surrounded by exposed insulation and framing. One spark and poof. Be safe everyone.
I'm so glad you found the fire safety thread.
I don't want anyone going through what I did. :rolleyes:
A few precautions will help save lives. :thumb:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

I've grown her a few times, i adore the scent and flavor, both before and after cure. (Cause they are wildly different) LKA is correct though, I haven't been able to coax out the large rocketship buds we all desire. I did get some amazing quality hand-grenades though.
I plan on breeding her with a big-budding plant that I've been keeping around, try to Beef up the genetics ya dig?
Yours look phenomenal, a healthy lady fo sho.
I swear yall have got brass balls with these techniques - breaking her stems like that after the pom-poms start growing, the loli-popping of the larf, the droughting...I barely trim a leaf after flip. I guess I'm just a 🐣🐔!

20221027_180651.jpg
Hey redskinnedrhino, thanks for jumping in. I should listen closely to what you are saying, don’t mess with the ladies during flower. Your results speak for themselves what a plant you have there! Ideally I would not have super cropped her at all but I mistimed the flip and she’s just too big so had to do something or she’d be pushing a hole in the roof of the tent.

wow I'd love to here more about that grow! Sounds amazingly fun

We become plant Buffalo Bills.

If she ain’t screaming in fear you’re not doing it right.
Lol…..You know you’re over-stressing your plant when? 1. Your tent shakes in fear when you enter the grow room 2. Your shears mysteriously disappear…….

Hey everyone, quick post. I popped in to have a look at miss MEVOOP. I can’t help but think “deadfall” (a tangled mass of fallen trees and brush), but this is one I would be ok getting stuck in.

2A54689C-F731-42D4-B9D1-77FAE4E6E7BD.jpeg

D2E5CCF8-EBA4-4814-94C9-0A8204E11B74.jpeg

663CBD16-8DEF-4E22-A1E1-A71D437B86C0.jpeg

EFA1E1F7-490B-4E1C-BBC5-8565A0C6FEF7.jpeg

FF5CBECB-353A-430E-AE65-F2F911730483.jpeg

Hey everyone, quick post. I popped in to have a look at miss MEVOOP. I can’t help but think “deadfall” (a tangled mass of fallen trees and brush), but this is one I would be ok getting stuck in.

2A54689C-F731-42D4-B9D1-77FAE4E6E7BD.jpeg

D2E5CCF8-EBA4-4814-94C9-0A8204E11B74.jpeg

663CBD16-8DEF-4E22-A1E1-A71D437B86C0.jpeg

EFA1E1F7-490B-4E1C-BBC5-8565A0C6FEF7.jpeg

FF5CBECB-353A-430E-AE65-F2F911730483.jpeg
It's a thick forest for sure. :thumb:
Looking good, healthy & Happy.
Hope your having a nice day my friend.

Bill284 😎

She looks so much better than my mangled fucking mess. If I could do a do over I’d defs supercrop in Veg. In fact I’m so dirty at myself. I ruined mine.
What is it we're hoping to achieve by supercropping in bloom? I understood it to be for height issues or for filling in open spaces in the canopy, but you guys have headroom with a full canopy and do it anyway... what's the ultimate goal?

What is it we're hoping to achieve by supercropping in bloom? I understood it to be for height issues or for filling in open spaces in the canopy, but you guys have headroom with a full canopy and do it anyway... what's the ultimate goal?
I do it to spread out the colas.
Gets more light to more area of plant.
It also breaks the A typical dominance of the main cola at the top.
This way she spreads her energy throughout the whole top of the plant.
Increasing the cola size.
Works great.
Hope your having a nice day Amigo. :high-five:
Take care.

Bill284 😎

wow I'd love to here more about that grow! Sounds amazingly fun
I just finished the "breeding room" for them to pollinate in. Had to make it a sealed room with a dehumidifier and an exhale bag for C02, since it'll be in close proximity to the indoor grow box and I don't want random seeds popping up in the daily smoke. I'll post pictures of it later on today in my gro-jo. (Don't want to hi-jack this thread)

I do it to spread out the colas.
Gets more light to more area of plant.
It also breaks the A typical dominance of the main cola at the top.
This way she spreads her energy throughout the whole top of the plant.
Increasing the cola size.
Works great.
Hope your having a nice day Amigo. :high-five:
Take care.

Bill284 😎
Sounds legit.
I thought I had heard some bro-science about it making the bent stem stronger or producing accelerated bud growth or something of that nature. I was wondering if there were any stem-to-bent stem comparison threads.
I'll break a stem for a bigger bud! Hahaha

I just finished the "breeding room" for them to pollinate in. Had to make it a sealed room with a dehumidifier and an exhale bag for C02, since it'll be in close proximity to the indoor grow box and I don't want random seeds popping up in the daily smoke. I'll post pictures of it later on today in my gro-jo. (Don't want to hi-jack this thread)

Sounds legit.
I thought I had heard some bro-science about it making the bent stem stronger or producing accelerated bud growth or something of that nature. I was wondering if there were any stem-to-bent stem comparison threads.
I'll break a stem for a bigger bud! Hahaha
When you bend Tham over it breaks that Christmas Tree effect.
You can see all the branches grow up and become tops.
In pic.

PSX_20230126_083457.jpg

PSX_20230126_083641.jpg

2 different girls but gives you an idea what I mean.

Bill284 😎

When you bend Tham over it breaks that Christmas Tree effect.
You can see all the branches grow up and become tops.
In pic.

PSX_20230126_083457.jpg

PSX_20230126_083641.jpg

2 different girls but gives you an idea what I mean.

Bill284 😎
This makes complete sense to me as a training method in veg, especially with the tall swaying acacia style weed trees you and @InTheShed like to grow - but these roughneck gunslingers are popping those stems over in flower! Laying little pom-poms side to side like a Pep Rally! :cheer:
Figured I must be late to the party on the new bud building techniques. (I'm always the last to know stuff)

This makes complete sense to me as a training method in veg, especially with the tall swaying acacia style weed trees you and @InTheShed like to grow - but these roughneck gunslingers are popping those stems over in flower! Laying little pom-poms side to side like a Pep Rally! :cheer:
Figured I must be late to the party on the new bud building techniques. (I'm always the last to know stuff)
Its either bending them down or go through the lights ?

Im not trying to wave pompoms or be a gunslinger at the pep rally.

Never had a problem doing it and they seem to respond very well!!!

Dont knock it until you try it.
Cheers

She looks so much better than my mangled fucking mess. If I could do a do over I’d defs supercrop in Veg. In fact I’m so dirty at myself. I ruined mine.
You mean Bic? I thought she looked cute as a button last time I saw her. At work but I'll check out the bloom room later tonight.

Your plants seem to take the training real well. I'll be watching for their reactions. I'm still new to planet earth, just pulled my head out of my own ass a couple years ago, so forgive me if I come off crude and uncivilized. You have a beautiful garden, i didn't intend to knock your style big dog.
I'm willing to give this twig poppin a go - if it'll plump the bud cups from ample Cs to bouncing Double Ds, I'm in for a pound. Just looking for growth confirmation before I go snapping in to em like slim-jims. I should probably GTS next time. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom