Best budget light under $150?

ZayWill10

Hello all,

I’m looking for a little help with upping my lighting for my budget grow. Next season I’ll be in a 2x4 so I’m curious what options you guys would think suitable for a 2x4.

I have an Agroflex T5, 24 watt, 4 bulb fixture currently. Debating on an 8 bulb.

I’ll attach a pic of the light I have now and maybe it’s good enough for me to just get another.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 268
If the dimensions of your tent weren't so extreme (width 2x the depth), I'd suggest a 400-watt HPS, which can sometimes be put together for about that much (or near it) or picked up used from a Craigslist ad for even less (buy a new bulb).

But with that tent, you'd likely be throwing a lot of light on the front and rear walls instead of the plants, leaving the plants near the side walls in shadow, or both. You could still do it, I suppose; move the light slightly to one side if, instead of having plants "wall to wall," you have a fan (or two) or other equipment in there, too, and place that equipment against the wall that is less illuminated than the rest. Or you could add some "fill-in" lighting. It wouldn't take much... Technically, you'd have sufficient photons, lol, they'd just be sort of unevenly distributed.

I’m gonna look into both lights, and see which one would suit my set up best.

I’ve never tried and HPS light just because I’m so prone to breaking things.

I’m looking into the Mars Ts1000 and the Spider Farmer SF1000. Both seem like they would be perfect for my set up.

I have an Agroflex T5, 24 watt, 4 bulb fixture currently. Debating on an 8 bulb.
Based on the photo in the first msg you already have a T5 HO fixture. You can consider another one and place them side by side with about a half inch separating the hoods.

Pretty sure that you can replace the fluorescent bulbs with LED tubes for those HO fixtures. I can with the ones that I have bought. Pros and cons of doing this include the LED tubes cost a bit more but do not use as much electricity. The LEDs last longer than the fluorescent bulbs which start to dim within a year. The LEDs will give off less heat than the fluorescent which can be both pro and con depending on if you need the extra heat during the cold months.

Yeah its doing good so far bro

It's taken me months to decide which one to buy and I'm glad I went with the Mars..

If you arent sure, look at the reviews for them. I haven't seen a bad one (yet)

Yeah its doing good so far bro

It's taken me months to decide which one to buy and I'm glad I went with the Mars..

If you arent sure, look at the reviews for them. I haven't seen a bad one (yet)
Would you say it’s more recommended for 1 or is suitable for 2?

Square feet? No, it's a (maximum) 150-watt device, so it's easily capable of flowering duty in a space of three square feet. Possibly even up to five if you don't mind if your buds are a bit airy. Or if you're doing an autoflower run, figure 1.5x due to maintaining an 18:6 light schedule all the way to harvest (or even a little bit more if your plants "days" are even longer than 18 hours).

It's a decent light, for what it is. A good 400-watt HPS setup should chase it right off the playground, though, lol.

Square feet? No, it's a (maximum) 150-watt device, so it's easily capable of flowering duty in a space of three square feet. Possibly even up to five if you don't mind if your buds are a bit airy. Or if you're doing an autoflower run, figure 1.5x due to maintaining an 18:6 light schedule all the way to harvest (or even a little bit more if your plants "days" are even longer than 18 hours).

It's a decent light, for what it is. A good 400-watt HPS setup should chase it right off the playground, though, lol.
I’ve actually been super interested in an HPS light as alternative I’ve never considered. Any HPS that you recommend under my stated budget?

Back
Top Bottom