Bignstrange's 4x4 800W COB LED Grow Tent - Promix - New Grower - Drop In!

ok heres what i grabbed,

foam 1" thick-insulative, construction grade
foam board glue
1/2 pvc ipex piping, cut to various lengths
8X 1/2 pvc corners
garbage can lids as plant saucers

I'm pretty sure I was under 80 bucks for everything, all Ill need is a 4"booster duct fan but Im gunna see if my hydro shop guys have em cheap. Will upload pictures of my poorly drawn plans in a bit!

20171004_154634.jpg

Ok so this is something I would really love some feedback on, I think it will work, but I'm not exactly sure.

Basically what I want to do is vent my tent into a sealed, foam box inside my room that would stay under the window. From that box, it would get boosted out the top by a 4" duct booster fan (same size as my carbon filter fan, lower cfm, but not my much) and into a panel I will build that gets squished between the window and window frame. On the outside, it will just be a black panel( will spray window panel black) and a little black vent. Im hoping that by exhausting into a thick foam box, it'll deaden a lot of sound, and help cool the air before escaping, not that theres people hunting round here with thermal cameras or anything, but safe rather than sorry. The only real thing I'm concerned about is build up of humidity in that first box, but i think adding that booster fan should take care of that. Heres some pics of my poorly hand drawn plans, please please please if you have any feedback shout out, even to call it a dumb ass idea because of reasons abc, I just wanna get this hurdle over with XD

k the plans,

20171004_164342.jpg

20171004_164359.jpg

still have to add dimensions in, but this is the basic concept. Any feedback, ideas?

:thanks:

Just another quick update!

Fed the plants today!:cheer:

Well not really fed, I gave the 4 leading plants 75mL of water, and the smaller white widow 40mL. That white widow did come up late and at night so its definitely a little behind but I wanted to make sure it got some goodies too. All I watered with was the OG tea @ 1/8th of a tsp to 2.5 cups of water-I also only lightly mixed it so that it wouldn't dissolve completely.

I did it super weak this round just to make sure the plants are happy to take it. Next watering I might incorporate a weak super thrive solution into the mix. Plants were all watered locally around the stems, the pro mix did a good job of spreading the moisture through the medium. So far I'm really liking the pro mix, super light, airy and dries out nice and quick, which i personally like. Im wondering if it'll be prone to salt build up like coco if it dries out completely? Well see.

Anyways a quick group pic after I watered 4 of them and before I decided to water our late bloomer :p

:lot-o-toke::volcano-smiley::hookah:;):tokin::blunt::roorrip::bong::smokin::grinjoint::ganjamon:

20171004_173634.jpg

Pic taken at 6PM 10/04-I will update tonight before lights out with individual progress pics :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks everyone! :blunt:

Ok so this is something I would really love some feedback on, I think it will work, but I'm not exactly sure.

Basically what I want to do is vent my tent into a sealed, foam box inside my room that would stay under the window. From that box, it would get boosted out the top by a 4" duct booster fan (same size as my carbon filter fan, lower cfm, but not my much) and into a panel I will build that gets squished between the window and window frame. On the outside, it will just be a black panel( will spray window panel black) and a little black vent. Im hoping that by exhausting into a thick foam box, it'll deaden a lot of sound, and help cool the air before escaping, not that theres people hunting round here with thermal cameras or anything, but safe rather than sorry. The only real thing I'm concerned about is build up of humidity in that first box, but i think adding that booster fan should take care of that. Heres some pics of my poorly hand drawn plans, please please please if you have any feedback shout out, even to call it a dumb ass idea because of reasons abc, I just wanna get this hurdle over with XD

k the plans,

20171004_164342.jpg

20171004_164359.jpg

still have to add dimensions in, but this is the basic concept. Any feedback, ideas?

:thanks:
I think that's a great idea as long as your box is completely sealed. Like you said the duct booster should do exactly what it's meant to by helping the hot air vent. Will that foam and vent be visible from outside?

I think that's a great idea as long as your box is completely sealed. Like you said the duct booster should do exactly what it's meant to by helping the hot air vent. Will that foam and vent be visible from outside?
Yea it should be pretty tight,I'm gunna think of a way to get really straight cuts and I have the foam board glue, plus I'll gorilla tape the seams.

The foam board will be visible outside. As of now it would be jammed between the window and the frame, then I would block the the window with a dowel of sorts, cut to length to prevent the window from moving.

I was planning on spray painting it black, and the vent I bought is black as well. Privacy isn't really an issue for me luckily and it's underneath our back deck, so well hidden. I also have all windows set up with black out curtains now so light escaping isn't an issue.

Maybe I could think of a way to bring back the exhaust vent say 2 inches (so it almost rests on the windowsill) and make almost another box at the top so it just looks like an open window from outside with the exception of an inch of foam around the opening. Only problem is the ridges on my window, to do this idea ^ I would give up some of the air tight seal, letting a bit more cold air in. I'll have to double check that though, thanks for getting me thinking!

Hmm, much to think about here

I'm thinking this is a decent mock up of what I could do by boxing out on the windowsill instead of putting a foam board right in the window

420-magazine-mobile1398920403.jpg

Keep in mind it's super dark under the deck and if there is light, it's impossible to see through the glare. If I can get it to fit tight I think this idea is a winner. Thanks DD!

Ahh I see. I might have to come up with something similar since my wife runs 10 degrees cooler than myself. Luckily she's sleeps on the opposite side of the window and it doesn't get too cold where I'm at. Unfortunately my window is in plain site to 8 other windows (apartment). Growweedeasy has a pretty cool diy fake window with the same foam you're using. I'll find it and post if you don't mind.

Ahh I see. I might have to come up with something similar since my wife runs 10 degrees cooler than myself. Luckily she's sleeps on the opposite side of the window and it doesn't get too cold where I'm at. Unfortunately my window is in plain site to 8 other windows (apartment). Growweedeasy has a pretty cool diy fake window with the same foam you're using. I'll find it and post if you don't mind.
Yea I remember we were talking about that on your journal, I think thats what really got me thinking.

And yea man please post it, by all means! Thanks in advance for digging that up!

:blunt:

Lol mightve been another journal DD been reading so many XD :S getting em mixed up

I didnt want to post all the materials and steps. It was just too much. So here's some pics of two different setups.
420-magazine-mobile1201992227.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1099728368.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1503501506.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1229958261.jpg

And the fake window
420-magazine-mobile360619223.jpg
420-magazine-mobile707158364.jpg
420-magazine-mobile397794493.jpg

Lemme know what you think and good luck!

I'm gunna do some brainstorming and see if I can apply one of these concepts to the build. Really good ideas!

There's some technical hurdles to apply this with the current set up but I'm gunna sleep on it and see what I come up with!

Thanks for showing us that DD!

Alright quick pic update just before bed! Nothing to note other than I've been keeping ambient temps at about 65 and it's working great to keep temps and humidity right where I want them in the tent. Played around with the set up and got the fan playing with the plants a little more. Domes are on overnight as is the heat mat.

G'night little babes <3 .

Psycho WW day 4
420-magazine-mobile557656937.jpg

BC day 3
420-magazine-mobile1822350591.jpg

BC both on day 2
420-magazine-mobile35551005.jpg

420-magazine-mobile703942384.jpg

And the late WW on day 2
420-magazine-mobile616503715.jpg

G'night folks :blunt: sweet dreams wee babes <3

Just a quick good morning from the little ones, looked like they enjoyed the watering from yesterday so next time I'll top dress the og tea in cause these girls are asking for it! :slide:

Psycho WW day 5
420-magazine-mobile400125225.jpg

BC day 4
420-magazine-mobile973093556.jpg

WW day 3
420-magazine-mobile1625891784.jpg

BC both on day 3
420-magazine-mobile1871197720.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1903406118.jpg

I'll probably name these girls over the weekend when I have my fam up :cheesygrinsmiley:

Also thinking of switching em over to an LED panel today, only concern is just how intense the lights are, it may still be a little early and they do seem pretty happy as is XD

Yays, nays? Either way by the end of the weekend well gettem under one of the COB assemblies

Also thinking of switching em over to an LED panel today, only concern is just how intense the lights are, it may still be a little early and they do seem pretty happy as is XD

Yays, nays? Either way by the end of the weekend well gettem under one of the COB assemblies
If you do just keep it far to start and monitor. Adjust as u see fit for them. I started real high. Kept dropping it lower till they got a slight burn one day so I knew where to leave it

Cheers man,

I'm thinking based on my light penetration I'll start around 38" and lower from there. I'll probably wait till Sunday or so but if they keep leaning like crazy under this cfl I might switch sooner.

Nice thing is when they are leaning and being spun around, the stem cells tear and rebuild so they should have nice strong stems by the time their big leaves come in!

Thanks for the feedback Swag!

Just put together my old ass tent I was missing parts for and stuff lol ripped it when I was trying to fit the new poles in but gorilla taped it and recut everything exactly like I needed it. The poles are a little weak but I'm thinking if I cut v notches on the ends of some pvc, and wedge those poles across the top I should be able to hang my cfl light fixture,maybe 2 which is all I need. Unless I can find a really cheap LED veg panel but I'll probably stick with the cfls until I feel like throwing more money at it.

Here's some pics of my ghetto rigged veg tent!

420-magazine-mobile880009619.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1835171683.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1910017743.jpg

It's 3 wide, 5 tall and 18" deep, has the makings of a clone/ mother tent if you ask me ;)

Pics of the babes coming later during our nightly update! Stay tuned :rastamon:

Back
Top Bottom