British Green's 1st 420 Grow Journal

So you guys decide when to chop by the colour of pistils? Is there a specific ratio? Or knack to it? As ive always used a jewellers loupe to determine the colour of the oil in the trichs. Cloudy clear cbd cloudy thc amber past ripeness.

Please help me understand I don't like not knowing something.

Btw I am a very heavy defoliator. And those huge fan leaves blocking light to lower buds
BG, do you feel you lose, well maybe not lose but would have more smokable buds if you defoliated or does the upper bud sites feeding off all that foliage make up for all what become popcorn buds from the lower sites?

So you guys decide when to chop by the colour of pistils? Is there a specific ratio? Or knack to it? As ive always used a jewellers loupe to determine the colour of the oil in the trichs. Cloudy clear cbd cloudy thc amber past ripeness.

Random, a general rule of thumb is cloudy trichs give you the energetic uppity high while amber trichs give you the relaxed couch-lock stoned feeling. It's up to you to decided what your after & when to chop but it's also strain depended meaning some strains no matter how amber they get will still give you an energetic high.
There's other ways to determine ripeness but that's proven to work for me.

I personally don't think I loose out . I have the same amount of tops wether or not I defol and the tops are all sat in the sun :) all the lower fluffy type bud will be made it to hash in my tumbler :) I'm not saying defol doesn't work all I'm saying is I'm happy the way I grow . There are loads of pro's and con's . And after all it's all bud fluffy or not :) good morning everyone :)

IMAG10649.jpg
IMAG10656.jpg
IMAG10668.jpg
IMAG106914.jpg
IMAG107010.jpg
IMAG10719.jpg
IMAG10729.jpg
Is the foil for reflective purposes to direct light underneath or does it serve another purpose??
Beautiful plants though!!!! :volcano-smiley:

Not meaning to light tops. If you defol regular from day one of veg the plants get used to it by flower. So now because I defoliate every 3rd day when the bitch re leafs I take them too. All my de leafing through out a cycle gives me shit loads of leaves that make just as good butter as the popcorn buds do. I didn't used to defoliate. But now I get rock hard dense bottom buds that are as good as my top nugs. And ive seen a 25 % increase in yield. Aswell as all the butter from leaves. But that's my way. 2 months veg 2 months flower and all my defol and training. Keeps me in bud for 5 months so I'm never ever out or even low. And if I get busted no biggie its only 4 plants not a million.

I personally don't think I loose out . I have the same amount of tops wether or not I defol and the tops are all sat in the sun :) all the lower fluffy type bud will be made it to hash in my tumbler :) I'm not saying defol doesn't work all I'm saying is I'm happy the way I grow . There are loads of pro's and con's . And after all it's all bud fluffy or not :) good morning everyone :)
:thumb:

I harvest my cannabis plants by trichome maturity. You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Yea that's what I have a 30x jewellers loupe. Mine is a budget from china and only one of my leds work now. But all in all its lasted me 3 years since I got it and it still does the job. I'm still learning at what percentages I like to chop at. But thanks for the guide line. Adding rep for ya now buddy.

Back
Top Bottom