Brix Aware 1.0

Hey Docbud, my current girls will be hitting flower sion and I want to do high-brix my next round. Is there an all in one sorta checklist or recipe that I need, or can use as a platform to begin with? Do you have somwhere you can recommend that I can read quality informatiin related to high brix? After having google searched for information I found one decent site, the path to high brix, but it seems to pertain solely to the theory involved not the actual practice. I have read through some info but since you are the resident high brix guru, I was hoping you could point me in the right direction, particularly learning about the teas drenches etc. :thanks:

:peace:

Hey Docbud, my current girls will be hitting flower sion and I want to do high-brix my next round. Is there an all in one sorta checklist or recipe that I need, or can use as a platform to begin with? Do you have somwhere you can recommend that I can read quality informatiin related to high brix? After having google searched for information I found one decent site, the path to high brix, but it seems to pertain solely to the theory involved not the actual practice. I have read through some info but since you are the resident high brix guru, I was hoping you could point me in the right direction, particularly learning about the teas drenches etc. :thanks:

As I've said in my journals: start with a soil test. Read my journals and make sure you don't test a soil that I've already tested....the only one that has passed so far is ProMix HP.

I give recipes for working with ProMix....you could start by reading my journals and following the instructions.

If my current grow is successful, I'll begin the task of putting things together in a kit.

Ok great will search out your old journals, I am certain that I saw the first one a forum not journal where there were ideas being thrown out about high brix. Super interesting. Was unsure if there was a base standard as most of what I read seems to be very proprietary to the particular grower involved. :thanks: On the hunt.

Ok great will search out your old journals, I am certain that I saw the first one a forum not journal where there were ideas being thrown out about high brix. Super interesting. Was unsure if there was a base standard as most of what I read seems to be very proprietary to the particular grower involved. :thanks: On the hunt.

Well, I've had pretty good success with the following:

ProMix HP
Ancient Forest Humus
Worm Castings
Rock Poweders/foundational minerals
Rock n Chicken.

Ratio's and amounts are in my journals.

Hey r2mnot sorry I posted the question to doc here, I was in the wrong journal, but while I am here looking good and can not wait to see how this goes down. :sorry: What a twerb, I totally missed all the great info right here in this thread because I came to merely ask a question. Der Shizzy, I will do better next time, damn BHO gets me everytime! :tokin:

I'm going to suggest that you use hardly any tea in those small containers.

Im not going to use anymore tea or any of the brix stuff on the hempy.
The 2qt in the pic are just the sprouts I have 5gal brix buckets they will go in when slots open up.

Soil is ready...a few days early but close enough.
Trans planted and watered in with root inculcation.
I dont recommend these 2q pvc pots for soil.
The first one I tried, the soil was so heavy and the pot created so much suction it ripped
the root-ball in half trying to get it out.
Fortunately, for the rest I was able to pop the bottoms of the pots off and slide the whole plant
right out of the bottom. All had crazy root growth for there age.

Next week they will get tea and PGR/Amaze

IMAG1644.jpg
IMAG1645.jpg
IMAG1646.jpg
IMAG16481.jpg
IMAG16491.jpg

Very excited to see this one turn out! I noticed you have a wick in your buckets. I didn't realize that the wick runs to the top of the soils surface. Hows that work?

Hi Gitter, below is taken from one of docs threads...

Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG

When I do use a 3 gallon pot, I use a wick to mitigate the Perched Water Table.

Take 10 inches or so of cheap, polypropylene rope, 3/8 is fine.
Tie a knot in the middle of the rope and feed one end out the bottom of the pot from the inside.
Stand up the end of the wick that is inside the pot by holding it up and filling dirt in around it.
Grow as usual.

The wick reduces moisture in the lower half of the pot which allows the roots to grow much better, basically making a 3 gallon pot grow like a 5 gallon. You just need to water more often.

Sprayed Amaze/PGR with Yucca today.
First time with Yukka. Get it. Its good stuff:thumb:
They dont have a shine but as of today the Aks are in perfect heath.
The Cheese looks hungry.

Pulled 5 males today and replaced them with backups. I have 3 backup left other than brand new sprouts.

This one will be daddy.
IMAG16541.jpg
IMAG16551.jpg

5 Of the 6 on the far left are Fem Cheese.
Everything else is Inbreed Ak47
The AKs have overtaken the Cheese in mass
The Cheese has almost no branching
IMAG16571.jpg

All Aks
IMAG16581.jpg
IMAG16592.jpg

Pulled a 6th male last night and transplanted "daddy" to a 2gal bucket and moved him to the pollen chamber.
The girls are starting to push pistols and seemed to have liked the spray they got yesterday.
They are a nice deep lush green and healthy as can be.
The Cheese is starting to green up a bit too.
Started some tea last night so I will hit them with it tonight.

Dont you just love this way of growing! All I have in my soil mix is the rock powders and its kicking @ss. cant afford the sprays yet! I
hope Docs kit, comes out soon! :high-five:

The kit will be available once I prove to myself that it works. It will be complete: Minerals, sprays, drenches.....everything but dirt and water.

Thats great Doc, glad to hear I dont have to pay shipping on dirt! $$$$$$,:yikes: LOL

Dont you just love this way of growing! All I have in my soil mix is the rock powders and its kicking @ss. cant afford the sprays yet! I
hope Docs kit, comes out soon! :high-five:

Love it!
Never had plants this healthy before...even the first little round leaves from sprouting are still green and happy...never seen that before in my garden :)

Love it!
Never had plants this healthy before...even the first little round leaves from sprouting are still green and happy...never seen that before in my garden :)

Damn right! I wouldn't recommend this stuff if it didn't lead to healthy plants. So far, the "true" high brix soil is performing the best of anything I've seen yet. Pretty easy too.

I'm in the process of hunting down small containers that will hold 2-3 oz of liquid so I can ship minerals, drenches and sprays safely and without product loss.

The kit will consist of instructions, root innoculant, foundational minerals and trace minerals, microbial product, nutrient products, and proper foliar sprays.

Buy Promix HP and worm castings (optional!) and the kit will do the rest. Perfect pH, perfect food, highest brix possible, no pests....all of it is in easy reach....at least it appears that way right now. Let's see 'em flower before we get too excited.

sure would be a great product if it can be done, if this could be made into a product that could be sold and activated then it would be something a lot of us would buy, but making it for sale would not be easy i think, but if it could be done then it would be a huge breakthrough in getting the best from the plants, its like teas, if these could be sold then im sure people would buy them, but the only way to sell it would be in powder form or if it was made on site then you could buy it in liquid form but it would not have a long shelf life, im sure it would only be a day or 2, but if their was a way to make this marketable and usable then id be buying it for sure

sure would be a great product if it can be done, if this could be made into a product that could be sold and activated then it would be something a lot of us would buy, but making it for sale would not be easy i think, but if it could be done then it would be a huge breakthrough in getting the best from the plants, its like teas, if these could be sold then im sure people would buy them, but the only way to sell it would be in powder form or if it was made on site then you could buy it in liquid form but it would not have a long shelf life, im sure it would only be a day or 2, but if their was a way to make this marketable and usable then id be buying it for sure

Bro....it can be done. I have all this stuff. It was shipped to me.

i know mate, i just dont know enough yet to put it into practice, its why im following your journals so i can understand more about whats going on, clearly feeding the soil and not the plants is the goal, its just getting it right and that means getting what i can where i am, ill have a look around the net and see what i can pick up, soil growing is what im sticking with, im giving a dwc scrog a try so i can at least say i tried it, but i prefer growing in soil, ive not been growing long so im still learning what i can, and after coming across this high brix a while back its got me very interested indeed, it makes perfect sense but putting it all together in the right amounts is where i come unstuck, plus it all depends what i can buy where i am, i have been taking notes and writing down what i need, so its all going in slowly.

its growers like you that lead the way with growing in soil, it really does show that its possible to achieve as good and if not better results that a hydro grow, so if that is the case then i want to learn all i can to achieve the best i can, and by following your journal it gives me the chance to see how it works and what needs doing to get the soil as healthy as possible, because from what i can tell its all about making the soil happy and not the plant and once the soil is happy the plant will be more than happy

Back
Top Bottom