Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

:rofl: thats my go to shop too!! I refuse to go to any other hydro shop. Even though they were watching football and messed uo my order its still one of the better shops around my area. There are so many hydro shops and they all suck this one just sucks the least lol. I prefer to do my shopping online. Not having to drive is a blessing some times.

Yeah man i wouldnt go to a hydro shop if i grew in a. On legal state. Ive heard crazy things like cameras mounted uo high on telephone poles hiden in like some kinda junction box. They say you can tell its a camera because there will be a dark window on the box. Dunno if thats true or not but its too much risk for sure.

20170921_201030.jpg
20170921_201027.jpg
20170921_201024.jpg
20170921_201021.jpg

Tut after transplant

Yeah man i wouldnt go to a hydro shop if i grew in a. On legal state. Ive heard crazy things like cameras mounted uo high on telephone poles hiden in like some kinda junction box. They say you can tell its a camera because there will be a dark window on the box. Dunno if thats true or not but its too much risk for sure.

I guess its different where I live, growing is so widely accepted here. I've gotten to know everyone at my hydro shop so well were almost best buds.. Its kinda weird seeing all the people coming in asking for help with growing problems while I'm there. Times have changed here. Are you guys in a legal state ?

Not at all where I'm at. Medical should be coming thru next year about this time. But our legislation thought they would make there own instead of using existing from other states and it looks to be screwed up from the get go. Time will tell

Doing well, looks like future moms to me

Thanks pw almost time to top!

I guess its different where I live, growing is so widely accepted here. I've gotten to know everyone at my hydro shop so well were almost best buds.. Its kinda weird seeing all the people coming in asking for help with growing problems while I'm there. Times have changed here. Are you guys in a legal state ?

Im in legal state, my state has had medical for a long time and rec was just approved. There are so many hydro shops around but most are a joke. The keeps give bad advice from my experience and customer service isnt there. I wouldnt ask anyone in a hydro shop a grow related question in my area. Its strange how there are so many shops but they all act like they don't have any competition. Either large scale growers are buying in bulk and these guys dont care about the small home grower or its a front. Either way id prefer just to get what i need online. They dont seem to need my business anyways.

Not at all where I'm at. Medical should be coming thru next year about this time. But our legislation thought they would make there own instead of using existing from other states and it looks to be screwed up from the get go. Time will tell

Definitely turned legalization into a cash grab. Hope it works out for you guys

Hey farmer penny sent me over so I might ask someone with knowledge about the quantum boards and drivers. See I scored 10 QB120 boards the other night and was asking for some help on how to hook them up (series or parallel) and if you had any insight of what drivers I should be looking at and how many boards per driver. I also was wondering if I could mount my drivers outside my tent toward the front so I could adjust the light intensity? Is there any limits on how far from the light to the driver one can get away without causing harm.
Sorry to be taking over your journal on this
Thanks in advance
Derbybud

Hey db i dont know anything about those lights. I highly recommend hlg because the kit comes with everything you need and has video instructions. I feel like their prices are fantastic! My cob light build cost twice as much as two of those hlg kits. It is the best bang for your buck. The watts are much higher to needing less board but ill try my best to help and ill send you to the guy that is recommending these 60watt(?) Boards.

I would stick to series wiring and not go parallel especially if you arent too sure of how to wire. I dont know parallel wiring and its dangerous from what i understand. Im not sure what driver but it depends on how many volts those boards run at. The driver will list output voltage. Yiu have to divide inorder to see how many boards can run off one driver but the equation is fuzzy for me rapid helped me a lot. You can definitely do remote drivers just get some wire between the driver and the lights. The farther the driver is from the light the smaller the gauge should be. I used 16 guage stranded and tinned the tips. Any other questions please feel free to ask away. Ima send you to led guy. He seems to be very knowledgeable with the boards youhave

QB has affordable lights.. the QB120 is 40$ with shipping and the 24v 50 or 60W driver to run it only costs 15-20$ on ebay or amazon shipped plus an old 2 prong cord you can cut off an old appliance and some cables to hang.
af105239ff30887d65719cb1f7640b7e.jpg
pretty simple stuff and each 60W unit costs roughly 55-65$ depending... the unit itself is damn near cool to the touch and the driver thats suspended above it is a tad warm but I keep a fan blowing on it.

If you buy 4-6 of them at once you can run them on a proper driver and bring the cost down to around 50$ a unit.

@LedGuy74

Ive only wired one board at a time on single drivers lol hes already got better help then me on his grow journal thats for sure... the person in his journal seemed to explain it pretty well so he should have it down now for the most part

Here is the diagram I was shown on another thread as to how you ideally should go about running 4 boards together.
420-magazine-mobile2030960697.jpg
maybe thatll help someone down the road.

Im not a very experienced diy'er or anything like that lol I just like the boards especially for the price point a dollar a watt or less for QB lighting is badass especially seeing how this panel doesnt require a heatsink... nobody was talking about them on 420mag at all though so I just started mentioning it more often lol. I know they aren't a sponsor but HLG is by far some unknown company and I dont really care who the brand is just how efficient it is as the cheapest price point as im cheap as hell.

Thanks LG! Ive never wired a board ive just seen them mentioned and i try my best to steer ppl away from cobs because the boards are just the future and cost less! Incredible!!
Thanks for the help BF I bought 10 boards the other night for $29. A piece. Just was looking for info as I need to pickup drivers and make some frames and get them in the tent producing. I have time and Furcifer jumped on my journal and is giving me some great info but at times it's over my head lol I'm really looking forward to 600 watts of qb light in my tent .

Oh yeah man ferc is a great resource, dude knows his stuff. Its definitely complicated stuff and it took me hours and hours of reading and watching videos to build up my cob and even with all the time spent rapid helped a great bit as well as some members on here. Its very complicated but easy once you understand. Thats why i highly recomend going through hlg. They make it very easy. Good luck!

Oh yeah man ferc is a great resource, dude knows his stuff. Its definitely complicated stuff and it took me hours and hours of reading and watching videos to build up my cob and even with all the time spent rapid helped a great bit as well as some members on here. Its very complicated but easy once you understand. Thats why i highly recomend going through hlg. They make it very easy. Good luck!
I'm just glad these don't really need to go online until December so I do have done time to figure things out. Been watching your journal in the background and got to say you have some beautiful plants there. Keep it green

Thanks man! And if you have till december youll have more then enough time to figure it out. Youll get it i cant wait to hear your thoughts! I think your gonna love your new lights man.
I'm getting a new 8x4 flowing tent next month so need to brighten it up as all I have now is my mars 11 1200 watt which I'll keep in my 4x4 tent that I have now that I'll use for veg

Back
Top Bottom