Broken pH meter: how to test until replacement arrives?

Zeppelingirl1517

420 Member
So my cheap PH meter quit working yesterday as I was adjusting the PH down on my buckets... I have ordered a new better quality one, but what do I do in the mean time?!? I’ve found the aquarium test kit, but it tests between 6-7.4.... should I just get that to ensure I’m around 6 until the new pen arrives?

Any other suggestions of what to do? I am usually always adjusting down, not up, so I’m not worried about them going below 5.5, only worried about them being over 6.5.

Better than nothing at all, or if you have a Pool/Spa supply place near you. Personally I prefer the tape type over the drops, but I'm in soil so PH doesn't need to be as exact.

Depending on your water on from the tap 9/10 once you out your nutrients in it then drops your oh to around 5.8-6.4, if noticed I never need to oh my water when I'm in coco as I know I usually get them figures, if not, try Amazon prime too.

I called around to our local hops shop too, but they didn’t have anything in stock except for test strips they that work with a specific meter.

Thanks for the idea on the pool place. I’ll have to call the one in town. Being in a small town we don’t have a ton of options...

I just picked up the aquarium one for now. It should at least tell me if it gets above 6.4, so that helps. Hopefully it shouldn’t swing too far out of range anyway before I get the new meter. I’m hoping it’s here but Friday

Back
Top Bottom