Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Heck yeah! Count me in @Buds Buddy and many thanks for the tag! What another killer light setup and tutorial. That light is going to kill it in that tent!

I have never done a SCROG either. Definitely looking forward to learning more. I already learned some good wisdom on the first page! So thank you for tagging me.

Uhhh...in half?! Seems hard to believe if already in veg for only 5-6 weeks.

Same here!

Comes in with a big ass punch of wisdom as always! Love it.

I agree. If I have to move a pot, I would rather move a smaller one than a large one. Also, a smaller pot will help control growth. I'm already worried about the final size of my plants that are going into 7 gallons.

Why does the container size limit your ability to do LOS? That confused me. I would think it is easier to keep a larger container going with LOS.

Next year, I may try a large container to fill my 5x5 and plant multiple plants in it. Hmmm...

Then the thought of lugging all that soil in and back out if I decide to go back to smaller containers. Hmmm...
:lot-o-toke:
No because its unlikely you're going to fill 9 sq/ft in 5-6 weeks with one plant, more like 7-8+ and with 4x the plants it might be 4-5 weeks or less

Yes, much easier to keep LOS going in 15+ gal pots.
You can basically forget about creating an ecosystem with worms, bugs, cover crop etc in anything smaller than 15gal.
The soil is like a battery, the larger the battery the longer it can fully feed the plant.
With LOS you add mostly just water with very little if any plant available nutrients.
The microbes feed the plant.

I can virtually guarantee that if you were to get one good LOS grow done in 20+ gallon fabric pots that you will never go back to any other type of growing.
And you can use that same soil for a few years.

I can virtually guarantee that if you were to get one good LOS grow done in 20+ gallon fabric pots that you will never go back to any other type of growing.
And you can use that same soil for a few years.
Thanks for clearing it all up for me. Makes sense to me now.

Also, a good LOS grow is the goal!

OK, you say put it in the corner to let the plant grow toward me. So I guess I better ask a few questions on this.

1) I was planning to do most things the normal way of growing. Top between 4th & 5th node & strip the bottom 2 nodes. Then once the 4 branches grew out I was planning to top all 4 of them & put the net up.
Should I not do it this way ?

2) Do you just bend / LST the plant & SCROG the branches that grow off of it & that's why you start in a corner ?

Not questioning your method. Just want to know the how's & why's of things.
You dont need to top or strip anything at first to scrog.
20210429_162140.jpg

High There ? High Here ! Smokin' on some "Cherry on Top" I harvested recently. I'm actually in the process of harvesting 3 more of that strain right now. About 1/2 way done with the chop. This is an excellent strain if you can find the seeds. They only come in regs. & the only breeder is Cannarado Genetics. I found them listed at 1 seedbank; but out of stock right now so I'm waiting for a notice they got them in. I'm going to try some other strains by this breeder also. Hopefully, their other strains are as good.

Anyway, taking a joint break from harvesting; so I thought I'd start posting some plant pics & info.
So I started a Do-Si-Dos Fem on 4-14. I plant directly in the soil. I don't do the glass of water or paper towel stuff anymore. In the paper towel method I have 70 - 75% success. Directly in soil, I have closer to 99% success. I truly do not believe a seed likes to be messed with when it has a tail hanging out. I believe this is the reason for the lower success rate doing paper towel method. I may be wrong; but the difference in success rate tells a different story.
I didn't take a pic on 4-14 as all you would see is a Solo Cup of Dirt. So my 1st pics are on 4-18 when it poked it's head up to see what's going on round here.
Here are 2 pics from 4-18.
74)  4-18-21.JPG
75)  4-18-21.JPG

She grew fairly well over the next 4 days. These pics are from 4-22.
76)  4-22-21.JPG
77)  4-22-21.JPG

2 days later on 4-24 she started perking up & looking ready to rock.
78)  4-24-21.JPG
79)  4-24-21.JPG

On the 25th I put the new Mars Hydro FC-E3000 Light in the 3 x 3 tent; so I put the plant in there just for pic purposes.
It went back in the 2 x 2 tent under T-5's until today. So here's pics from 4-25.
80)  4-25-21.JPG
81)  4-25-21.JPG

And these 2 pics are from this morning (4-30-21). This was at lights on & she needed a drink at the time. She's perked back up now. She's already putting out her 3rd node. I will be topping between the 4th & 5th nodes. I may be topping even more. Watching some cool video's on SCROG so I may do things one of the ways I see. So far I'm liking the " Topping the 8 branches giving you 16 branches & spreading them out like a web ". We'll see. Still undecided on that.
So here are the 2 most recent pic from this morning.
82)  4-30-21.JPG
83)  4-30-21.JPG

OK, time to finish this joint & get back to the dreaded trimming.... lol.

High There ? High Here ! Smokin' on some "Cherry on Top" I harvested recently. I'm actually in the process of harvesting 3 more of that strain right now. About 1/2 way done with the chop. This is an excellent strain if you can find the seeds. They only come in regs. & the only breeder is Cannarado Genetics. I found them listed at 1 seedbank; but out of stock right now so I'm waiting for a notice they got them in. I'm going to try some other strains by this breeder also. Hopefully, their other strains are as good.

Anyway, taking a joint break from harvesting; so I thought I'd start posting some plant pics & info.
So I started a Do-Si-Dos Fem on 4-14. I plant directly in the soil. I don't do the glass of water or paper towel stuff anymore. In the paper towel method I have 70 - 75% success. Directly in soil, I have closer to 99% success. I truly do not believe a seed likes to be messed with when it has a tail hanging out. I believe this is the reason for the lower success rate doing paper towel method. I may be wrong; but the difference in success rate tells a different story.
I didn't take a pic on 4-14 as all you would see is a Solo Cup of Dirt. So my 1st pics are on 4-18 when it poked it's head up to see what's going on round here.
74)  4-18-21.JPG
75)  4-18-21.JPG

76)  4-22-21.JPG
77)  4-22-21.JPG

78)  4-24-21.JPG
79)  4-24-21.JPG

On the 25th I put the new Mars Hydro FC-E3000 Light in the 3 x 3 tent; so I put the plant in there just for pic purposes.
It went back in the 2 x 2 tent under T-5's until today. So here's pics from 4-25.
80)  4-25-21.JPG
81)  4-25-21.JPG

And these 2 pics are from this morning (4-30-21). This was at lights on & she needed a drink at the time. She's perked back up now. She's already putting out her 3rd node. I will be topping between the 4th & 5th nodes. I may be topping even more. Watching some cool video's on SCROG so I may do things one of the ways I see. So far I'm liking the " Topping the 8 branches giving you 16 branches & spreading them out like a web ". We'll see. Still undecided on that.
82)  4-30-21.JPG
83)  4-30-21.JPG

I know I'm still new but I agree with germination method. That's how mother nature does it

I know I'm still new but I agree with germination method. That's how mother nature does it
It seems to work the best for me anyway. I know a lot of growers say FFOF is too hot for seedlings, but I've never had a big issue using it to start seeds. Once in a while I'll get a burnt tip; but that's all.
For the most part I just stick my little finger in the soil just as deep as my nail. Drop the seed. Cover with soil & water.
Don't water again till she pops her head up. Usually only takes 3 - 4 days.
After 2 weeks I start feeding Mega Crop at 1 gram per gallon. I'll increase it little by little once I have 4 sets of leaves.
Just depends on the leaf color whether or not to increase.

Hey buds,
looking well & I love that FC-E3000
I'd have gone with that light myself had I not been trying to conserve on space.
Can't wait to see what it'll do for you. :goodluck:

Currently sprouting some of my own, trying to sprout them like this.
1619880921379.png

Basically just set them on top of a paper towel, submerged them halfway, plastic wrapped to incase the humidity.
& a piece of foil to block the light since it's in my tent on the heating pad under the light..
I've never tried this way before so I can't speak for success rates, but it might end up being my new favorite if it works well.

Ever tried sprouting seeds like this?

74)  4-18-21.JPG
75)  4-18-21.JPG

76)  4-22-21.JPG
77)  4-22-21.JPG

78)  4-24-21.JPG
79)  4-24-21.JPG

80)  4-25-21.JPG
81)  4-25-21.JPG

82)  4-30-21.JPG
83)  4-30-21.JPG

Trim jail break finished. back to work. its a hard life.heehee.
I am in. a good scrog can work wonders. wish I had the space for a worthy one. Feed combo sounds bang on the money too. works well for me and one that came from the megacrop thread after lots of watching and taking advice. some experts like @MrSauga who crunched the numbers for npk ect to perfection often.good.luck mate. enjoy the harvesting/dry wait time too. worse bit for me.

Hey buds,
looking well & I love that FC-E3000
I'd have gone with that light myself had I not been trying to conserve on space.
Can't wait to see what it'll do for you. :goodluck:

Currently sprouting some of my own, trying to sprout them like this.
1619880921379.png

Basically just set them on top of a paper towel, submerged them halfway, plastic wrapped to incase the humidity.
& a piece of foil to block the light since it's in my tent on the heating pad under the light..
I've never tried this way before so I can't speak for success rates, but it might end up being my new favorite if it works well.

Ever tried sprouting seeds like this?
No, can't say I have. I've never seen anyone do it that way. First time for everything. I kind of look at it like this.... If you soak & germ in a paper towel you have 3 - 4 days for a decent Tap Root. Then you put it in your soil & wait another 3 - 4 days for it to pop it's head up. So you're looking at a week to get a seed above ground. Seed straight in soil & it's above ground in 3 - 4 days. Why take the slow route ? JMO.

Trim jail break finished. back to work. its a hard life.heehee.
I am in. a good scrog can work wonders. wish I had the space for a worthy one. Feed combo sounds bang on the money too. works well for me and one that came from the megacrop thread after lots of watching and taking advice. some experts like @MrSauga who crunched the numbers for npk ect to perfection often.good.luck mate. enjoy the harvesting/dry wait time too. worse bit for me.
Please take a look at my other journal & tell me if Bubble Hash is what I'm looking to make. I posted pics of what I'm wanting. Thank You !
Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

No, can't say I have. I've never seen anyone do it that way. First time for everything. I kind of look at it like this.... If you soak & germ in a paper towel you have 3 - 4 days for a decent Tap Root. Then you put it in your soil & wait another 3 - 4 days for it to pop it's head up. So you're looking at a week to get a seed above ground. Seed straight in soil & it's above ground in 3 - 4 days. Why take the slow route ? JMO.
Exactly saves 3 to 4 days and less risk of screwing up

Mine normally crack open within about 12 hours unless they are old they may take 24 hours.
I plant about 1/8th" deep soon as it cracks and its popping above ground within another 24 hours.
2 to 3 days total.
I never had much luck just planting into soil without germinating first, I think its because the soil is much cooler.
That could probably be eliminated by putting the solo cups on a heating pad I assume.

Just seen it on youtube when I was looking for a better way to sprout when mine weren't growing as planned,
thought I'd give it a try & see how it works out. Seemed like a less suffocating method for sprouting seeds as opposed to just completely covering them with paper towels which is what I've mostly done.
&
I agree, in a sense it's creating more work or potentially more work going with the paper towel method. It'd be better to start them in proper conditions directly in soil.
Difficulty for me is doing everything right as in not overwatering that way and what not.
Hopefully It's not creating more work by doing so.

Mine normally crack open within about 12 hours unless they are old they may take 24 hours.
I plant about 1/8th" deep soon as it cracks and its popping above ground within another 24 hours.
2 to 3 days total.
I never had much luck just planting into soil without germinating first, I think its because the soil is much cooler.
That could probably be eliminated by putting the solo cups on a heating pad I assume.
I never use a heating pad. They've done fine without one. I think the biggest difference for you is you are planting the seed when it cracks & not waiting for 1/4" - 1/2" Tap Root like most do.

I never use a heating pad. They've done fine without one. I think the biggest difference for you is you are planting the seed when it cracks & not waiting for 1/4" - 1/2" Tap Root like most do.
I've had problems with heat pads not shutting off and cooking things. I avoid them now.
Bill

Hey all, Mars started another giveaway today for an FC-E4800 & 4x4 Grow tent. Get those entries in. Would be a great prize if you're the lucky one !

Back
Top Bottom