Buzz's Grow Journal #3: Crown Royale & Shiskaberry

So just checked both CRs with a loupe and both have single female flowers at 4 weeks old! Also transplanted the Blueberry into a 15 gallon pot as it was drinking faster than I could keep up! The Cr's will also be transplanted in a few days as they are bigger than their pots as well. Pix to follow.....

4 weeks old, the differences in the plants are less noticeable, and I will transplant the two CRs into 15 gallon pots this week. The CR's fan leaves are getting huge and blocking the bud tips below, although some are growing so fast its almost like I tipped the main stem but I have not. The bracts are still growing in pairs, although its on the 8th set already, I expected it to switch to offset already.

At 5 weeks the Crown Royale are doing pretty good, just moved them to the 15 gallon pots, and the Blueberry I trimmed and crammed in my empty mother tent and flipped it as its plenty big. I just need to up the exhaust fan by one size to control the humidity better. I trimmed some of the fans off the two CR's as they were impeding lower bract growth. They seem to be heading toward self levelling, which is nice.

Here they are @ 2 weeks, smaller one a few days less but I shall ignore that going forward!

FYI Here is why I have quit using coco coir pots! Hard as a rock after 5 months in the peat!
Hey Buzz in the same neck of the woods, yeah even the peat pots will impede roots, hate those peat pellets also.
they make em for the lazy gardeners that don't want to get there hands dirty

Hi Brewster, Stu mentioned that you were local, thats great! I haven't had any problems with the peat cups, and they only stay on if too many roots have penetrated. The coco coir pot, although it was hard, certainly didn't seem to hurt production as I got over 12 oz from that plant, (see journal 2), so in the end I am not sure it really was a problem, but still not a fan of them! Once I put them into 15 gallon pots, I only water from the top once a week, the rest is from the bottom, so it dries out up top all the time and really can't degrade the pot further at that point.
Thinking we should start a local 420 chapter, meet up, show off our grows, etc.

Doing great @ 5 weeks 5 days, Still some noticeable differences in the plants, CR1 is darker green and a bit more robust, CR2 is paler, has a slightly less interior leaf angle, and is starting to level without me doing anything. Gonna up the nutes to 90% of suggested rate for the last two weeks of veg as they are getting large, and I think they can take it. Plants are 18 inches tall.

looking good buzz how much training have you done?
Thanks! No training, CR2 is just doing that by itself. I have trimmed some fans to get them out of the way, if that counts as training!! This is my first time with this variety, and I like to see how they shape naturally, then decide to train if needed on the clones. I may pull the side bracts down a bit with wires to get her to spread out more, but we shall see what she does!

One is great and I’m fighting the other one. I started flowering because I don’t have the patience for weak plants, so she can work it out or we can both move on. I’m Just giving her water to clear thing up and maybe we can start feeds again. I’ll get a shot in the morning.

Thanks, how are yours doing?
Plant 1 is happy and hopefully my weak plant #2 has turned a corner. I flipped about a week ago.

6 weeks old today! Upped the nutes a bit to 92 % of recommended rate for the last two weeks of veg. The plants still are quite visibly different, slightly different leaf shape, different interior leaf angle, and CR 2 's main growing tip decided to slow down and the sides have overtaken it. Its leaves also have a sort of dusty cabbagey look to them. They are 20 inches high. I pruned CR 1 for fan leaves but its already hard to tell! That sorry looking plant in front is a karolyn clone a buddy of mine had no room for, and had been light starved. It had reverted to all 3 leaf leaves. I am sure it will look better in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom