Buzz's Grow Journal #3: Crown Royale & Shiskaberry

Thanks! No training, CR2 is just doing that by itself. I have trimmed some fans to get them out of the way, if that counts as training!! This is my first time with this variety, and I like to see how they shape naturally, then decide to train if needed on the clones. I may pull the side bracts down a bit with wires to get her to spread out more, but we shall see what she does!
I have been low stress training this plant for 3 months & flipped on march 1

hopefully I get nice big nugs like her baby sister

I have been low stress training this plant for 3 months & flipped on march 1
hopefully I get nice big nugs like her baby sister

Looking good, what variety is that? I did have to tip CR1's main tip today to keep in line with CR2. Also did some major fan removing yesterday, but it's hard to tell a day later!

I was given some blueberry seeds but the plant is Sativa dom so I call it brewberry
It does have a nice berry taste

I was given some blueberry seeds but the plant is Sativa dom so I call it brewberry
It does have a nice berry taste
Yours definitely has a sativa vibe, my blueberry is very Indica dominant and turned purple at harvest. Looking forward to growing that variety just to see the difference.

I had some Ck Blueberry seeds & they were Indica
But the first 3 I sprouted one was a runt, female & male
runt died female I put in some promix & didn't realize it had so much fert. in it.
gave it more flowering fert & locked it up
last 2 one didn't come up, other veged a nice plant & ended up a male so took some pollen sacks
they were old seeds also

The gals are doing great, gave them both a fan trim, started some interior lollypopin, and tipped CR 1 to hold it even with CR 2. The leaf difference between the two is subtle, but noticeable.

There is a bit of a difference in the pheno's isn't there.
Yeah, CR 2 is a little finer in detail, more pale almost to dusty green, and a slightly narrower leaf, but seems to be growing just as fast. I do like the self levelling that CR 2 is doing, but have to wonder if I didn't accidentally damage the main tip. I will see after harvest which one gets to live on as a mother based on production and fx, pulling clones of both for now.

Crown Royale @ 7 weeks from drop! The CR and the BB are now getting weekly top waterings of 2 gallons @ 45% and another 2 weekly bottom waterings of 1.5 gallons@ the 92% rate, so 5 gallons a week in water per plant! This is my biggest cost in growing as I use RO because my well waters' ec is 1826 mS! from the tap. My nute mix at its hottest in ro water@ 11 mS, is usually no more than ec 2000 mS, so using well water is just not an option.
Clones are doing great @ 14 days in rock wool, I had them under a little too much light at the start, but they seem to have recovered and are going into pots later today.

When are you going to flip the big girls? They look big if they are still vegging

When are you going to flip the big girls? They look big if they are still vegging
One more week at least, I want them to fill the area, and they're not quite there. Another 12 inches in diameter should do it. Pix is of last grow in this space, journal #2, a sativa from seed and a skunk clone that was only 3 weeks into veg when flipped. That sativa did 315 grams. The Crowns are still growing bracts in pairs in places so they're just barely mature. They are in 15 gallon pots so they can get a fair bit bigger. I also have 10 feet of height to use!

Ordered an Inkbird IHC 230 temperature and humidity controller today, much cheaper, $60, than the made in Canada one I have. The Growzone HT -2 works great, does humidity and temperature together or separately , but cost $240 Can. I used it for drying, and now I am using it to control the exhaust fan for my grow room. So if the humidity goes above 50%, or the temp goes above 78 F, it cuts in. I need a 2nd controller as I will be drying that Blueberry a month before the other crop is ready!
Anybody have one of these Inkbird anythings? Its a typical made in China bad translation with words like "automatical", which cracked me up. :ganjamon: It has two outputs so I think it can do a 2nd stage fan if needed, but it was so hard to figure out the translation from the companies websites, I ordered it and will figure it out when it gets here!

Crown Royale @ 7 weeks from drop! The CR and the BB are now getting weekly top waterings of 2 gallons @ 45% and another 2 weekly bottom waterings of 1.5 gallons@ the 92% rate, so 5 gallons a week in water per plant! This is my biggest cost in growing as I use RO because my well waters' ec is 1826 mS! from the tap. My nute mix at its hottest in ro water@ 11 mS, is usually no more than ec 2000 mS, so using well water is just not an option.
Clones are doing great @ 14 days in rock wool, I had them under a little too much light at the start, but they seem to have recovered and are going into pots later today.

Your girls look nice and bushy. When are you going to flip?
:passitleft:

Crown Royale @ 7 weeks from drop! The CR and the BB are now getting weekly top waterings of 2 gallons @ 45% and another 2 weekly bottom waterings of 1.5 gallons@ the 92% rate, so 5 gallons a week in water per plant! This is my biggest cost in growing as I use RO because my well waters' ec is 1826 μS! from the tap. My nute mix at its hottest in ro water@ 11 μS, is usually no more than ec 2000 μS, so using well water is just not an option.
Goofed up on my milli (mS) and micro (μS) seimens! :rolleyes:

Anybody have one of these Inkbird anythings?
got a couple of inkbird heat & cooling controllers. 1 good thing about them if the power goes out will hold settings for days

got a couple of inkbird heat & cooling controllers. 1 good thing about them if the power goes out will hold settings for days
Good to hear, The one I am currently using doesn't lose its mind over an outage as well. I am finding that my grow room environment is much more moderate controlling both heat and humidity. Before I was trying to manage both by playing with timers, but this is so much better. And 3 large plants drinking almost 15 gallons a week are putting out the moisture!!

As the Karolyn last time shot by my netting by 20 inches, I strung my net about 9 inches higher than the plants, and hopefully it will catch the tall colas. One more week of veg!! Please don't mistake if for a scrog, it just there for support. The plant is getting ever wider so I think it should work out. CR 2's lowest bracts are even with all the others, so digging the automatic training!! The blueberry is chugging along, has those neat flowers that start out as little white beads in the centre. Green pix is from a previous grow.

Back
Top Bottom