C99 345W LED Grow Test

You can get coco at pet stores, they use it as a bedding for terrariums i think. It comes in bricks you add water to and expand.
Nice work! $6 for 7 L at Petsmart. Sounds ok

I wonder if this is similiar:

Page Not Found

"Quite possibly the most absorbent"

"Made entirely of coconut husks, it is completely safe and non-toxic. May be used in desert or tropical environments. Ideal for bearded dragons, chameleons, cannabis, iguanas, tortoises, snakes and most other species of lizards."

Seems like you can skip the perilite with this stuff

hi Rick

Interested in seeing the results of an LED grow. I'll be tagging along for a bit.

How many sq ft of area are you covering? And how many are recommended for that size light?

Recommended coverage is 36*36. I figure that is 7 plants

How long are you planning to veg? How many watts does the light pull? Consumable watts.

345w power, 290w actual is the manufacturer numbers. I will veg until the plants are about 12-18" tall

Nice work! $6 for 7 L at Petsmart. Sounds ok

I wonder if this is similiar:

T-Rex Coconut Bark - Reptile - Sale Category - PetSmart

"Quite possibly the most absorbent"

"Made entirely of coconut husks, it is completely safe and non-toxic. May be used in desert or tropical environments. Ideal for bearded dragons, chameleons, cannabis, iguanas, tortoises, snakes and most other species of lizards."

Seems like you can skip the perilite with this stuff
You may still want to add some perlite. Perlite doesn't hold water, but creates more "air space" in the mixture to keep the roots from getting water logged. Vermiculite holds water and is usually added to soils that tend to drain quickly.

I just looked at that link, that looks more like cubes than the shredded coco that you get at a hydro store. Do a google search for "canna coco coir" you'll see what I'm using in my hempy buckets.

You may still want to add some perlite. Perlite doesn't hold water, but creates more "air space" in the mixture to keep the roots from getting water logged.

I was saying you could maybe skip the perlite because the chips look like they dont pact close together.

Hey all... so the seedlings are on day 16. They are small and I attribute that to the over watering. I was quite surprised at the damage as this is my first time encountering this problem. I figure they are about 6 days behind though - no prob. All look healthy and have resumed normal growth. Hopefully this little hurdle for my poor girls wont muddle the results of the Penetrator during flowering.

IMAG02776.jpg

IMAG02734.jpg

IMAG02746.jpg

IMAG02755.jpg

Hey Ricky, do me a favor will ya?
If you look at your last pic, there are two plants in the #4 spot going left to right in both rows. I think those are going to be the rotten fruit phenotypes. Will you mark them for me as an experiment we can both check out on Cindy?

I want to see if I can distinguish which pheno is which, this early.
Maybe you'll have a male and female rotten.
Anyway however you decide is coo with me.
I'll be watching. :popcorn:

:bong: Just went back to page one. Duh, you got feminine genetics. Not regular.

Note to self; Don't post after smoking chem dawg!

:bong: Just went back to page one. Duh, you got feminine genetics. Not regular.

Note to self; Don't post after smoking chem dawg!

Love chemdawg! If you want to keep track, you can see the numbers. Use the 1st photo to identify hard to read numbers in the close ups.

In my opinion, 1,4,8,9,11 / 3,10 / 2,5,6,7,12 are the different phenos. I am not an expert by any definition so I leave it up to you which ones you think will be the rotten fruit pheno.

The two you think you already identified from the earlier photos are 4,1

5441.jpg

6378.jpg

7338.jpg

8265.jpg

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but how can you tell the phenotypes this early? I figured they would be expressed after a few weeks of veg, or maybe not until they were in the 12/12 stage and finished stretching?

Thats what I thought. My post was pure speculation (and almost guaranteed wrong) and based on similiar character traits, similar growth, leave spread, color, gloss, size, etc.

But maybe a trained eye can be sure.

I am really looking to see if the seedlings that looked the safrom different batches of seeds(same strain )turn out the same.

I am really looking to see if the seedlings that looked the safrom different batches of seeds(same strain )turn out the same.

Whats your assessment with the new photos? Still 1 and 4?

Back
Top Bottom