C99 345W LED Grow Test

Garden Update: ladies are just shy of 23 days.

Deciding on how to grow these girls took some time. I have read many people say c99 grows well tree style. Also the 345w penetrator boasts a deep penetrating lens. So rather than spread 7 plants and LST, Ive chosen to flower 11 tree style to really sharpen the results of the test. Ive topped #7 to see how c99 does with 2 colas no LST

Also I have a youtube account in my signature, I will be posting video here during flowering. I have a video of my garden setup for now.

0930.jpg

10174.jpg

11332.jpg

12204.jpg

15125.jpg

17119.jpg

Anyone have a problem with their LED lights on their unit giving off a faint glow while its off? And does this affect the night cycle?

IMAG02786.jpg

LEDs should not glow. They are a "digital device" either on or off, no in between and as far as I know there are not any luminescent phosphors in them that would glow.

Do they glow the entire time they're off? If so, it is a faulty power supply and it's leaking voltage somehow to your chips. Very bad news. And yes, if it glowing the entire time, it will mess up your dark cycle.

Those plants sure look very healthy!

I have LEDs too. The UFO model. They do not glow either. :peace:

LEDs should not glow. They are a "digital device" either on or off, no in between and as far as I know there are not any luminescent phosphors in them that would glow.

Do they glow the entire time they're off? If so, it is a faulty power supply and it's leaking voltage somehow to your chips. Very bad news. And yes, if it glowing the entire time, it will mess up your dark cycle.

When you say "power supply" are you referring to my electric outlet?

Yes they glow the entire time, unless I unplug it.

When you say "power supply" are you referring to my electric outlet?

Yes they glow the entire time, unless I unplug it.
No, I mean the power supply in the unit. There are actually more than one power supply. I'm not familiar with the model you have, but it is defective, at least one of the supplies is.

If you are still in warranty, send it back ASAP. I have not heard positive remarks concerning that particular company's return policy. I would request they send a replacement unit immediately and then you will return your in the same box that the replacement comes in. That is a reasonable request, and if they have decent customer support they should take care of you.

I would not use that light for your grow, unless you want to make some hermies.

Ricky,
On page three,the pic under the pic with the fan in it in the upper left corner sits the girls I am talking about. Definitely number 4, 85% sure of number 1, and 65-75% sure of number 8 are sitting in that corner. Number 12( I think) very upper left corner doesn't belong with the other three.
I am categorizing them same way you did,leaf spread, color,gloss,jaggedness of leaf shape of canopy. Can't do smell here(too bad), but that should start to become evident soon enough. There is a great picture if you scroll a couple further down of those same girls in close up.
I love that solo shot of number 4 ( that is her isn't it?).
Looking good, don't think the glowing led's will give problems in veg. Just don't try to flower them with it as glowing red and blue led's = light pollution.
Light pollution = incomplete,aborted flowering, hermies all kinds of crap you don't want from those babies. Get that light changed out asap.
Ricky you smoked cindy b4?
Love that girl!!!!! great daytime/ party time smoke,just not b4 bed unless you want to toss and turn till she wears off. Lesson learned.
It'll be god bud or chemdawg for a late night smoke from now on.

steve, its already plugged into a timer.

ilynnboy I havent smoked c99 before, but I will shortly I guess.

The retailer said that the light will not affect the flowering cycle. It is less than the moon so it doesnt affect photosynthesis. I am skeptical and will try to solve the problem, but the retailer said its because LEDs only need a little bit of electricity to illuminate which could be caused by a leak in the circuit.

I love that solo shot of number 4 ( that is her isn't it?).

Yup, btw Im only using the LED for flowering. Im using T5s for veg.

I think that is significantly more light than the typical light leaks. I would consider anything that particular vendor says as being highly suspect. There used to be a very lengthy and informative thread about them here, but it was removed a while back. I won't say anything other than that, but if you do some searching you may be very interested in what you find.

As for the T5HO's, I love them for cloning and vegging!

Anyone have a problem with their LED lights on their unit giving off a faint glow while its off? And does this affect the night cycle?

IMAG02786.jpg

Looks like your timer is defective and allowing a trickle voltage to pass. Or it only breaks the hot line and you've got some amount coming in via your neutral line (I'd get that checked, lol). Or if you are relying on an on/off switch on the unit, the switch might be faulty.

Off is OFF. Or at least it should be. (Although several types of devices these days have power at all times, devices that have a clock/timer function or a remote control... But I don't think LEDs have either.)

Just found your journal, BtW. Looks interesting.

@TS, good call, I was going on the assumption that the light was plugged into an outlet and glowing, but if it is connected to the timer then that may be the issue, leaking voltage across. In the timer scenario the light unit's on/off switch is always on, and would allow some voltage to get past if it the timer was defective. But then it would have to be enough to make it through the ac-dc converter and then be enough to drive an LED.

Ricky, is it glowing while plugged directly to an outlet or to a timer?

Garden Update: Plants are just shy of 28 days.

I started nutes on the last watering 7/27.

1/4 Tsp FF Grow Big / gal
1/4 Tbsp FF Big Bloom / gal

Next serving will be 1/2 strength of FF's recommended schedule.

I am impressed with the stoutness of the plants considering c99 grows tall. Looks like I will have nice tight nodes going into flowering if things continue this way.

18113.jpg

19106.jpg

2067.jpg

Looking good, keep up the good and green work.

Damn man, sprouts are looking AWESOME! Something to be envied.

Wish I caught wind of this sooner. Seems like your additive of the H202 really helped, maybe I didnt do enough in mine =/.

Also learned about the dome & seeing you throw your cubes right ontop of your medium, will try this next time as well!

:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom