Can weed be crossed with other plants?

Barney86

Now before everyone starts jumping down my throat with science about how species can only breed within the own genus etc, I'm well aware.

Doesn't mean it's impossible though.
The known laws of physics say bees can't fly. If physics was right then we'd all be dead.
Science gets things wrong all the time and more importantly so do gardeners.

Don't know how many times I've seen science badly misquoted in response to things I've posted.

Some things do just work for wierd reasons though.

So, has anyone actually legitimately tried to cross cannabis with another type of plant?
I remember a guy about 20 years ago all over the news because his tomatoes and strawberries had mysteriously crossed and grown as some wierd looking tomato things with an almost strawberry inside.
Genetic flooks do happen all the time. Otherwise we would all still be fish. :)

Again, Not saying I think it can be done. Just curious as to wether anyone has tried it or indeed tried breeding any other crosses of plants?

I know it sounds ridiculous ( yes as ridiculous as a sentaur :) ) but we can genetically modify human embryos to be male/female, tall or short. Blue or brown eyed. Blonde or dark haired.
We can grow a human ear on a mouse.
A human lung in a pig.
And now we can 3d print both without a live host...
We can send men to the moon (ffs don't start :) )
We've worked out the basic principles of teleportation and have working models.
Even more amazingly,
Trump, borris johnson, Kim Jung something and that crazy Russian psycho are the 4 most powerful men in the world.
My mrs has a magnetic forehead the can hold upto the weight of a Huawei p320 pro as far as we can tell.
My little sister who is physically a 'normal' human can lick her own elbow.
(Go on, half a quid says you can't lol)
All that shit managed to happen but we can't get another plant to produce THC?

It's been done with coca plants to change the genetic makeup of the cocaine in an attempt to bypass law and it not be an illegal substance but the law won sadly so they (as far as I know) stopped trying to do it.
10 years ago maybe I seen that one.

Any thoughts folks ? :)

I heard that hops can be grafted on a cannabis plant, and it would produce THC. Not supporting the idea, just heard it.
Hmmm.... a quick Google and it does appear that the myth is definitely alive and strong. Not seen anyone prove it yet but I'll keep digging:)

I heard that hops can be grafted on a cannabis plant, and it would produce THC. Not supporting the idea, just heard it.
That's what I had read 20 some years ago but I didn't think that it produced thc ...the other thing if im not mistaken is that hops and cannabis are relatives and I think you are talking about breeding with non relatives and on that note I have no true response .

Nah I'm not buying the hops one so far.
Tens of thousands of people talking about it all over the place but no pictures or video evidence of it actually happening.
That's disappointing :(
I will dig up my literature as I believe there is a pic , if in fact there is one I will post in in here .

By the way mate I've also just been looking at fogponics/hp hydro. Then spotted your Sig. Those roots are fuckin mental!
Thank you . Yes they where especially in that early stage in the tub. It was a good two year venture and one more design after that grow and well it led me to what I have now . I did a write up on the first design its in the aeroponic section here I want to say .

No PIcs but there was a study done .
IMG_5837.JPG
IMG_5838.JPG

Back
Top Bottom