Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

I've always done mine in syringes in a cool dark place. Usually in the pantry, as that is a stairwell to a cool basement and it stays quite chilly in there.
I've read from several people that they keep it in the fridge. I was curious if storing in the fridge and keeping it thicker because it's cold would assist in dosing out the tack amounts?

And what do you think of this animation, I do know it needs to be reduced in size...

Rso_Animation_smaller.gif

I've always done mine in syringes in a cool dark place. Usually in the pantry, as that is a stairwell to a cool basement and it stays quite chilly in there.
I've read from several people that they keep it in the fridge. I was curious if storing in the fridge and keeping it thicker because it's cold would assist in dosing out the tack amounts?

And what do you think of this animation, I do know it needs to be reduced in size...

RSO_animation.gif

Could you humor John and put a little drool in the corner? :drool: :peace:

Thanks for the invite!! I am here too. 24 hr and 4 pages. I feel like I am late to the party. :drool::party::peace:

Welcome supergroomer!!!!!

Okay, I made it smaller. Now that I know we can use .gif images here, you all feel free to use that in your posts. Just copy and paste the img link when you need it.

Whew! That was a lot of work! I don't believe that one can be used on the 420 site emoticons due to the size it would have to be reduced to. The lettering probably wouldn't be visible enough, but I can move them around if needed.

I'm going to submit it and see what they come back with.

RSO_animation.gif

:thedoubletake:.........:thedoubletake: :cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl::rofl::rofl::drool:.........PRICELESS!!!!

Thanks for the help on the quote thingy.

Hi peeps!:love:

For daily tacking, the oil needs to be at cool room temperature to get it out of the syringe. Therefore, my orange colored syringe (to help block light...not good stuff for oil!) with a cap on it lays on a low shelf next to my bed in a shadow. I use a 6 ml or gram (roughly equal) syringe to dose and pay most attention to dose size rather than trying to use the gradient marks on the syringe.

For storage of syringes of oil for future use, use an air tight foil zip lock bag (head shop/online/google) to protect from air and light, and place in your refrigerator. DO NOT store in your freezer. Years long fridge shelf life!

:Namaste:

:thumb:

how's that Sista?

But I still can't link without the address showing

Maybe another lesson later

Hi peeps!:love:

For daily tacking, the oil needs to be at cool room temperature to get it out of the syringe. Therefore, my orange colored syringe (to help block light...not good stuff for oil!) with a cap on it lays on a low shelf next to my bed in a shadow. I use a 6 ml or gram (roughly equal) syringe to dose and pay most attention to dose size rather than trying to use the gradient marks on the syringe.

For storage of syringes of oil for future use, use an air tight foil zip lock bag (head shop/online/google) to protect from air and light, and place in your refrigerator. DO NOT store in your freezer. Years long fridge shelf life!

Thanks John! I have one of those foil bags that my Silica gel packets came in. I'll put that to use. :) I need to get some different syringes. The dispensing hole in the end is too big on the ones I've been using. When I try to push my oil out, too much comes out at once. That's why I was thinking if it's colder/thicker it would make it easier. Motoco had sent me something a couple years ago on where to get syringes the right size, I'm going to have to find that.

I tried asking for them at a local pharmacy back then and the pharmacist insisted on knowing what I needed them for with her questions. Those are apparently behind the counter sales only. I finally just got frustrated with her and walked out. LOL
I never use the markings on them either, probably for someone new to it it might be a good start up point.

:thumb:

how's that Sista?

But I still can't link without the address showing

Maybe another lesson later

Perfect! I have a tutorial on how to do the linking somewhere. I'll find that today if I get some time before work.

Good morning Sista, good morning Oilers :circle-of-love:

It's time to wake & tack :drool: Don't forget to eat & hydrate :cheesygrinsmiley:

Where's John :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

You can put the oil in the frig Canna. The lower temp does make it thicker which actually helps some when they dose.
Where is this RSO coming from?
One thing we're all gonna agree on is that Motoco took the method of making the oil WAY passed the Phoenix Tears folks & Rick.
The method of making the oil he created on here is still the most comprehensive, thought out & thorough stuff published I've seen anywhere. Frankly, it's just not RSO. It's RSO taken up a notch. But, it's not RSO.
That's something Motoco & I agree on 1,000%. You guys probably do too. I bet no one here used naphta. I bet you guys follow Motoco's decarbing, equipment, process too?
All that was created right here. You won't find it on Rick's site & it takes Phoenix Tears way beyond where they leave it.

I'm fighting w/ stage 4 colon cancer, so I won't be tacking, but I do have the 710 going. We're making more this weekend. I'm lucky cause I can get pretty much every batch tested now. That might turn out to be a blessing.
Time will tell.

You can put the oil in the frig Canna. The lower temp does make it thicker which actually helps some when they dose.
Where is this RSO coming from?
One thing we're all gonna agree on is that Motoco took the method of making the oil WAY passed the Phoenix Tears folks & Rick.
The method of making the oil he created on here is still the most comprehensive, thought out & thorough stuff published I've seen anywhere. Frankly, it's just not RSO. It's RSO taken up a notch. But, it's not RSO.
That's something Motoco & I agree on 1,000%. You guys probably do too. I bet no one here used naphta. I bet you guys follow Motoco's decarbing, equipment, process too?
All that was created right here. You won't find it on Rick's site & it takes Phoenix Tears way beyond where they leave it.

I'm fighting w/ stage 4 colon cancer, so I won't be tacking, but I do have the 710 going. We're making more this weekend. I'm lucky cause I can get pretty much every batch tested now. That might turn out to be a blessing.
Time will tell.

Okay, I'm glad you brought that up. :) And T-totally agree that Motoco brought it to a whole new level.

A new member coming here is probably being brought here by doing a search for Rick Simpson Oil, RSO...or how to make RSO.
I am confused as to what we want to call it here, RSO....CCO....what is the abbreviation we want to use?
I don't think someone new to this is going to know to type in Concentrated Cannabis Oil on the net to do a search.
I want to be able to label this correctly, whether it be on this thread title or anywhere else. I would certainly agree to call it CCO, but again....it's the search thing that gets to me. I will change whatever I need to in order to reflect what we agree it needs to be called for threads, etc. :)

Comments? Suggestions?

Now, granted....I haven't done a search for cannabis oil in a very long time. Things may have changed by now. LOL

Thanks John! I have one of those foil bags that my Silica gel packets came in. I'll put that to use. :) I need to get some different syringes. The dispensing hole in the end is too big on the ones I've been using. When I try to push my oil out, too much comes out at once. That's why I was thinking if it's colder/thicker it would make it easier. Motoco had sent me something a couple years ago on where to get syringes the right size, I'm going to have to find that.

I tried asking for them at a local pharmacy back then and the pharmacist insisted on knowing what I needed them for with her questions. Those are apparently behind the counter sales only. I finally just got frustrated with her and walked out. LOL
I never use the markings on them either, probably for someone new to it it might be a good start up point.

Good Morning All...

Cannafan, here's some syringe information:

Ebay item ID # 261896412159
6 cc amber oral o-ring syringes w/tip caps
Bag of 25 $14.04

Ps. Hash tag them all (#) so no matter which search, they all point here. Do you know how? I don't. Funny this came up, I just put them (rso, cco, co) in my sig yesterday!

The reason I included them all in my sig was so that a search for any would find them all, I hope.

Congratulations guys on the Q&A thread! Glad to see everyone enjoying themselves, being happy spreading 'glee'! Helping others with serious ailments can be very stressful. Helping them go through their journey to help them remove their stress and help them get to a positive state of mind, so it is quite nice to have a thread like this that is more 'relaxed' and unclutter the 'tacking' thread. Leave it to the 'oilheads' lol. Mo and I feel honored to be mentioned but certainly not surprised because their are some really special people here, people who love helping others and on a more personal note; some lifelong friends we are blessed to know! Thank you guy's for pressing on and keeping things alive, you guys are the BEST! Well done all!

BTW if I may, mylar 4x8" zip-lock bags are great for freezing the flower before making the oil and also for storing concentrate in the fridge (not the freezer), much thicker than zip-lock bags and blocks any light when the fridge is open. They also hold a 1/4 lb. of flowers which is a perfect amount to fit in the mixing pitcher and only approximate 1,140 ML of 100% organic corn alcohol ethyl carrier, approximate cost is $20.00 if purchased in a 5 gal container. Produces approximately 16 grams of our beloved concentrate.

On a personal note; got through the angioplasty procedure to remove the 90% blockage in my right leg. A boo boo happened and the Doc punched through the other side going into the artery and took longer than anticipated which involved more anesthesia and had severe nausea for over 12 hours but luckily still got discharge after an overnighter. Recovered extremely fast from the procedure, now the hard part. Building up my cardio vascular that I let slip for a couple of years. Off to the park everyday or anywhere I can walk and get my cardio back up. Total rehab but cannot wait to get back to where I was. I always preach to others helping others; 'take care of yourself first' before you help others, cough cough, lol. It is great enjoying being outside relaxing and enjoying to 'stop and smell the roses'. Hard to believe how much stress we can put on our shoulders without even knowing it. Becoming very efficient on recognizing simmering stress, learning distraction and keep stress at bay. Certainly can be a lifesaver!

Mo wanted to come in and say Hi but apparently cannot sign in? A glitch perhaps?

Thank you guys for keeping things going and getting the Q&A up and running! Your dedication to helping others is epic! Much Love & respect for you all!

Off on my newest protocol, lol.

:cheer::circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom