Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

I know that the Concentrated Oil helped with my COPD, which is a lung issue. I was able to breathe better during the day and I didn't feel like I couldn't get a deep breath while lying down at night as much as without the oil. I am unable to take the oil due to job searches right now, and I've been off for a little over a month now. I have the symptoms that I did before I started on the oil.

IPF is more serious than, but has some similar things to COPD, and although there is no known cure for IPF, the symptoms of it can be controlled and eased with Cannabis according to the article below.

The clip below states what those symptoms are, and it talks about studies that have been done.
In the clip, they talk about vaping being the preferred method because smoking it is going to be very harsh on the lungs.
The article does not give a date of posting, so I have no idea if CCO/RSO had even been thought of then.
Just FYI:

I wish that when people post articles like this that mention "recent clinical studies", they would post the links to the studies! Ah well....

Note: The oil helps tremendously to control depression and bring up energy levels. Leon, I'm sure that with everything going with your father, there is depression and lack of energy among other things.

I am suspicious about that cited article.It sound more like guessing and supposition than fact. If posted on a site that cells CBD oil, I would ignore it entirely.

Has anyone made CCO/RSO beginning with a Magical Butter Machine?

I see recipes on their website with people reducing/boiling off the alcohol after 4-8 hours of programmed alcohol extraction and claiming they are making RSO.

On the one hand, it makes sense that a lengthy heat extraction could replace the 'Quick Wash' steps of QWISO.

On the other hand, people seem to be doing stove top reduction without sufficient safeguards for the high levels of alcohol being evaporated.

If the discussion is outside forum guidelines, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss away from the forums.

I am suspicious about that cited article.It sound more like guessing and supposition than fact. If posted on a site that cells CBD oil, I would ignore it entirely.

That's a good point, if they are selling oil. I can't remember right now where I found it, but it does seem like it was related to a dispensary. I was unable to find any study that they mentioned, but I did agree with some of the things they stated it would help, the depression and anxiety and breathing issues from personal experience. And that vaping was much easier on the lungs than the regular smoking it.

I read something about a video of woman who claimed to cure her IPF with the oil, but I never found that either.
Unless Cajun or someone can supply some documented information, it is still something little known in my own searches.

:circle-of-love:

I see recipes on their website with people reducing/boiling off the alcohol after 4-8 hours of programmed alcohol extraction and claiming they are making RSO.

On the one hand, it makes sense that a lengthy heat extraction could replace the 'Quick Wash' steps of QWISO.

On the other hand, people seem to be doing stove top reduction without sufficient safeguards for the high levels of alcohol being evaporated.

If the discussion is outside forum guidelines, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss away from the forums.

That discussion is just fine here. I've heard of people doing it, but I've only made tinctures in mine. I have no idea how they would get it to reduce enough for oil. I reduced my tincture down to oil using the oven method.
Radogast, have you got an MB machine? If so, there is a recipe for tincture in it. Is that what you mean by beginning the process?
This is how I made my first batch of CCO. I made the tincture first, then did the steps to finish boiling off the alcohol per motoco's instructions.

I tried. In a word, don't. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my MB2, just NOT for making CCO. I set mine for 1 hour @ 160 and my oil was burnt in about 35 minutes. I use it for making coconut oil all the time. :peace:

I tried. In a word, don't. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my MB2, just NOT for making CCO. I set mine for 1 hour @ 160 and my oil was burnt in about 35 minutes. I use it for making coconut oil all the time. :peace:

Hey SG, just out of curiosity, how did you do it? I'm wondering how the evaporation took place.
I'm not going to do that, but I am wondering how people did it.

Maybe my lil' brain isn't working right tonight, but I can't picture how it's reducing in the machine itself. LOL

:circle-of-love:

I did a cold wash then put it in the MB2. You have to put the top on. That is where the controls are. I set it for 1 hour @ 160 degrees (as per the directions I had) and in about 35 or 40 minutes I started to hear a "crackle" coming from the MB2. I unplugged it and took the top off and the oil was goo stuck to the bottom. I won't use it for that again, just my infusions. :circle-of-love::peace:

Okay, I just watched it. Now I see what SG was talking about too.

That's pretty much how I made my first batch of oil, but I used the oven to reduce it down from a tincture. (per the recipe for tinctures in the MB machine booklet) They call it a tincture in that video before it's poured out. Now we use the fondue pots, or the induction plate for the reduction part of the process.

I had a LOT of tincture.

:thumb:

I did a cold wash then put it in the MB2. You have to put the top on. That is where the controls are. I set it for 1 hour @ 160 degrees (as per the directions I had) and in about 35 or 40 minutes I started to hear a "crackle" coming from the MB2. I unplugged it and took the top off and the oil was goo stuck to the bottom. I won't use it for that again, just my infusions. :circle-of-love::peace:

Were you able to salvage the "goo" for anything?

Cake is delicious either way! Off to make cannabutter mug cake before bed. Night all!

Back
Top Bottom