Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Hey Lab Rat. Good to see ya out & about. Been awhile. How's everything with you?

I browsed through here real quick trying to remember what I read. Now I'm at the end, I don't remember what I've read.

Winterizing....
Tim did not mean winterizing diluted the oil. He was commenting on the processing.
Winterizing will clean up your oil big time. Especially getting rid of chlorophyll.
It will diminish yield a tiny bit, but makes it more potent not less.
Tim, Lab Rat & I have always been in favor of the folks at Skunk Pharms. They have published alot winterizing. We used to discuss it alot on the old threads.
I highly recommend it...

Hmmm....I put some of my oil that had been thinned down with grape seed oil into some cheap cream rinse for hair. It mixed up well.

This seems to me like it would work the way deep oil conditioning treatments do, if applied to the scalp and left for awhile.
With the deep oil treatments, it's just shampoo they use to get it out.

hair_oil.jpg

I have to wonder if this would help psoriasis and other scalp issues.

Thank you for thinking of me. I was thinking about this as soon as I read Lab Rat's post. The scalp psoriasis has settled somewhat, but it hasn't entirely healed and if I let myself stress I find myself messing with it again. Darned compulsive behavior! I have to keep my hair up most of the time or braided, because that keeps me from bothering it. I like this idea Canna.

My assumption was that once I started tacking the psoriasis problem would heal as a matter of course.

I have a couple dry patches of psoriasis scattered around the body that I'm looking forward to treating with a dilution of oil. There's a planter's wart on my right foot that's been there since college. It'd be nice to have that disappear too.

Just little things for me. To have a clean and healthy scalp though..... The hair's recovered to become soft, thick and shiny again. That's a relief. Incredible what 20 years of that type of stress can do to a body.

She's calling me to dinner. Later. :circle-of-love:

Hey Lab Rat. Good to see ya out & about. Been awhile. How's everything with you?

I browsed through here real quick trying to remember what I read. Now I'm at the end, I don't talented what I've read.

Winterizing....
Tim did not mean winterizing diluted the oil. He was commenting on the processing.
Winterizing will clean up your oil big time. Especially getting rid of chlorophyll.
Tim, Lab Rat & I have always been in favor of the folks at Skunk Pharms. They have published alot winterizing. We used to discuss it alot on the old threads.
I highly recommend it...

Thanks for the reminder mon ami. I was planning on adding Lab Rat's post on winterizing to the blog. I'll look into Skunk Pharms too.

Do you ever rest woman?

Apparently not mon ami. :laughtwo:

I came into some unexpected money guys. I have enough to set aside for my eventual relocation and enough to purchase grow supplies and supplies for making oil. Now my mind is reeling at the equipment list. I've been working at the iPad since 7 AM and I think my eyes are trying to make me quit, but my mind is still racing along and doesn't want to quit.

It appears the VA approved my claim for Dale's pension. I'm still a bit taken back by this change and not really certain where the money came from, since they haven't informed me of it other than a letter last month saying it was being reviewed, but money hit the bank yesterday. I decided to get everything in hand ASAP after returning home. This is a bit overwhelming and I've buried myself in the blog work to give it time to sink in.

So, my question: anybody want to share with me your list of equipment? I realize Tim made a list, so I'm just wondering if there've been any improvements or modifications to that list?

Good morning Altainta, hope you had a good night. Some answers today:

1. Your induction cooktop will work well to speed evaporation. Use on low then second setting to distill out the alcohol and hot plate to decarb.
2. I haven't done either the long wash or coconut infusion, sorry...no help from me.
3. Yes.

Hope this helps, good luck.

:Namaste:
JohnnyOilseed

Thx for replying in express way (speed)..
already set them for cooling. Will only filter than will work on it after 3-4 days (evaporation & decarb)..as i have some work and i want to give full concentration on the evaporation and decarbing... i do not want to mess it in any ways...

I browsed through here real quick trying to remember what I read. Now I'm at the end, I don't remember what I've read.

Winterizing....
I highly recommend it...

Thanks for clarifying that Cajun. There was a lot of conversation going on at that time, and now that I read one of the posts where Tim was talking about dilution, it wasn't what I thought.

Good to see YOU out and about. :)

Hey Cajuncelt, still alive and talking about a subject that makes most people uncomfortable but as an ex-pilot non recreational guy in a wheelchair I have a surprising amount of weight when it comes to these subjects. I'll also be turning 40 this year (more cred!!!).

Winterizing, very important. I'm the master of dirty oil so it became critical for me.

With the help of a chemist (dad) I started increasing my yields, stupid amounts, my best pull was 49% yield or 14 grams per ounce. My main provider back then was a grower friend who would donate the stuff and let me keep a third of whatever I extracted so it was in my best interest to pull a lot.

In June, at a conference here in Costa Rica I met some people from Colorado who were doing extractions at an industrial scale with lab analysis and all. I talked to the guy and he said something like this: "An ounce of bud has in between 5 and 7 grams of cannabinoids in it. Getting 3 or 4 grams leaves a good 20% behind. On the other hand by pulling so much you are getting all the cannabinoids out but a bunch of other stuff like waxes and chlorophyll."

I still use my hot extraction method but I winterize twice and filter 3 times and I only use it if I plan to make oil for topical applications because it has a very strong taste. I still get 7-8 grams per ounce.

For oral I only use my cold long method.

Apparently not mon ami. :laughtwo:

I came into some unexpected money guys. I have enough to set aside for my eventual relocation and enough to purchase grow supplies and supplies for making oil. Now my mind is reeling at the equipment list. I've been working at the iPad since 7 AM and I think my eyes are trying to make me quit, but my mind is still racing along and doesn't want to quit.

It appears the VA approved my claim for Dale's pension. I'm still a bit taken back by this change and not really certain where the money came from, since they haven't informed me of it other than a letter last month saying it was being reviewed, but money hit the bank yesterday. I decided to get everything in hand ASAP after returning home. This is a bit overwhelming and I've buried myself in the blog work to give it time to sink in.

So, my question: anybody want to share with me your list of equipment? I realize Tim made a list, so I'm just wondering if there've been any improvements or modifications to that list?

:circle-of-love::cheer::cheer::circle-of-love::party:

You so deserve a good turn of fortune like this!!!!! I am so happy for you. This will make one less worry over your head!!!

Not sure what you need (more to the point you want to upgrade.) I love my Mars-Hydro Lights!!! I think they are a great bang for the buck. Their tents are also very reasonable and well made. You can pick up their stuff on their website and it is free shipping in the US.

You also may want to consider a cloner. I have the Cloneking 25. You can build one yourself cheaper, but this is convenient. 5 minutes and you are up and running.

Congratulations on your good fortune!! :circle-of-love::hug: :peace:

In my experience I have run into different people with different needs. Some people say "this is the only way to make it, this is the only way to decarb, this is the only way to take it." The "medicine" varies depending on the illness, something that works on cancer may not be the best for MS.

Again from this conference in June, one of the main talking points was "the entourage effect". One group of people kept saying THC was responsible for everything while another pushed for CBD legalization. It has been determined that the presence of both cannabinoids work better.

I had nausea and weight problems related to vascular mutation in my brainstem. Like a blood clot in the wrong place; so its not a tumor. Angiogenesis and apoptosis and all those other anti tumoral effects are lost on me. THC helped "cure" those problems but getting rid of nausea is easy compared to what I'm doing now.

In my experience I have run into different people with different needs. Some people say "this is the only way to make it, this is the only way to decarb, this is the only way to take it." The "medicine" varies depending on the illness, something that works on cancer may not be the best for MS.

Again from this conference in June, one of the main talking points was "the entourage effect". One group of people kept saying THC was responsible for everything while another pushed for CBD legalization. It has been determined that the presence of both cannabinoids work better.

I had nausea and weight problems related to vascular mutation in my brainstem. Like a blood clot in the wrong place; so its not a tumor. Angiogenesis and apoptosis and all those other anti tumoral effects are lost on me. THC helped "cure" those problems but getting rid of nausea is easy compared to what I'm doing now.

While I am just starting to work with oil, both Cajun and Tim advised me early on that a 2 to 1 THC / CBD ratio was the best place to start with my MS. I have only been able to make 1 small batch of oil with my Blue Blood, I do believe this is a good ratio for me. The other ways I have used cannabis for my MS (smoking, vaping, coconut oil) the BB seems to give both myself and my friend with MS the best results. That is not to say that other strains don't help, just that the BB seems to be the best.

We need the whole plant!! THC kills cancer. We know that. CBD only oil has it's place, but that can't be all!! :peace:

I am so happy that you have relief from the knee stiffness/pain SG!

It's a never ending question on what will be best for what. We are discovering things, by actual user reports...but there is a whole world of possibilities and mixes of THC/CBD out there for various illnesses and pains. It's exciting.
We've only scratched the surface.

Sue, congrats on the win for the pension. Do yourself a favor, pay off some of those nagging accounts that you have missed payments on. It's going to relieve a lot of stress and worry for you. :)

:cco:

I am so happy that you have relief from the knee stiffness/pain SG!

It's a never ending question on what will be best for what. We are discovering things, by actual user reports...but there is a whole world of possibilities and mixes of THC/CBD out there for various illnesses and pains. It's exciting.
We've only scratched the surface.

Sue, congrats on the win for the pension. Do yourself a favor, pay off some of those nagging accounts that you have missed payments on. It's going to relieve a lot of stress and worry for you. :)

:cco:

Thanks Canna. I'm headed over to Target right now to catch up on that account some and look around. It always tickles me how I resist spending when I have adequate funds. Suddenly I start thinking about need vs want. :laughtwo: This allows me to finally get a month ahead.

I watched the video on the water still. I think this is the way I'm going to go. By the time I get home John will have tested his out, but the video was very insightful.

Thanks Canna. I'm headed over to Target right now to catch up on that account some and look around. It always tickles me how I resist spending when I have adequate funds. Suddenly I start thinking about need vs want. :laughtwo: This allows me to finally get a month ahead.

I watched the video on the water still. I think this is the way I'm going to go. By the time I get home John will have tested his out, but the video was very insightful.

Yes, I hope he can test it out before I get mine and report. I am a bit worried about the heat. I don't want to overheat my oil.
Been meaning to PM WildMan Jim on that.
Around here, I can put it out on the back deck and probably have to fight to keep it from freezing....no worry about overheating in this winter "freezerland". LOL

I sent a question to MO on it too. To see if Tim or herself had ever tried it, or know others who have.

Just a quick update for me. I noticed climbing out of my pickup this am that me knee feels better then it has in a long time. Not quite pain free, but MUCH less and more mobility. :peace:

I'm so glad to hear this supergroomer. You're growing younger. :laughtwo: :yahoo:

I speak from the opposite perspective. I've voluntarily given up my daily doses to vacation here and I'm paying a price I hadn't considered for that. Both knees have become tight and achy, something I had thought was behind me for good. When I get home I'm going to try a small batch of the winterized and see how that goes, but I know that the edibles will set me back on track regardless. I may be healthy enough that edibles will be all I need for myself, other than topical use of oil. It's my daughter that has the pressing need for tacking. Her partner could use it as well, but he'll have to be persuaded by her success.

I'm feeling almost normal today. That was a long week.

I'm still waiting on testimonials. None have come through. I'm not going to push for them guys, but I will periodically ask here. They'll add a whole new dimension to the blog. If you're so inclined, write them in your own voice and send them to my PM box.

Back
Top Bottom