Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Altainta, see the second link (in green) below 'JohnnyOilseed' called 'Making Concentrated Cannabis Oil'? Left click on it and you will be in the thread dealing with making the oil. The first few pages may be what you are looking for. If not, ask your questions at the end of that thread.

This thread is a discussion lounge where we talk to each other about the stuff we're doing and how it works. It IS a chat room.

Sorry to have confused you. We know well the frustration of not finding information as fast as we would like or need. Bless you and I'll watch to see you find your way. Love and best wishes,

:Namaste:
JohnnyOilseed

Okay sorry for that i misunderstood i will post it in the motoco thread...
I already did read few of the thread pages but still i have doubts thats why i asked...

edited
Saw your last post...
I moved the question to motoco thread.
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
You can answer anywhere i subscribed to both the posts...
Thanks for taking the efforts...

Altainta, here we go...by the numbers:

1. Just cover the pot....you don't need 1 inch over. Everything frozen. Two - 3 or 4 minute washes while smashing and mixing both washes.

2. Yes, exactly.

3. Yes, you can refrigerate the wash as long as you like...it will not affect the strength of the oil.

4. Tacking properly (third green link below) will not get you high. No sedative effect unless you are sloppy and swallow part of the dose or swallow oil laced saliva. Spit saliva out for 15 minutes (not the tack).

5. Go with white, no problem.

6. The oil will be darker green, you'll get slightly more, it'll be just as effective (use slightly more), and, yes, the water will boil off during decarb. with no problem.

7. Don't worry about seeds, they'll be OK.

8. You might get a little more with the long process, but you must keep it all frozen the whole time. Do you have a lot of time?

9. Forget that stuff for now. Keep it simple.

10. Boiling alcohol will produce fumes that you must not breath. It can kill or explode. Boil outside WITH a fan. Cannabis smell not strong.

11. No.

12. I don't know. Try them or use any small container. Dosing will be easier if the syringes will work.

About this thread......it is a chat room and not an oil how to thread (see links below).

JohnnytiredOilseed
Good night.

Altainta, here we go...by the numbers:

1. Just cover the pot....you don't need 1 inch over. Everything frozen. Two - 3 or 4 minute washes while smashing and mixing both washes.

2. Yes, exactly.

3. Yes, you can refrigerate the wash as long as you like...it will not affect the strength of the oil.

4. Tacking properly (third green link below) will not get you high. No sedative effect unless you are sloppy and swallow part of the dose or swallow oil laced saliva. Spit saliva out for 15 minutes (not the tack).

5. Go with white, no problem.

6. The oil will be darker green, you'll get slightly more, it'll be just as effective (use slightly more), and, yes, the water will boil off during decarb. with no problem.

7. Don't worry about seeds, they'll be OK.

8. You might get a little more with the long process, but you must keep it all frozen the whole time. Do you have a lot of time?

9. Forget that stuff for now. Keep it simple.

10. Boiling alcohol will produce fumes that you must not breath. It can kill or explode. Boil outside WITH a fan. Cannabis smell not strong.

11. No.

12. I don't know. Try them or use any small container. Dosing will be easier if the syringes will work.

About this thread......it is a chat room and not an oil how to thread (see links below).

JohnnytiredOilseed
Good night.

:Namaste: :goodjob: :thumb: :love: :thanks:

Not want to make a simily post..lol..

Few more question (sorry)

Q 1)

Induction cook top - (the induction cooktop doesn't have increament in 10 deg but rather preprogrammed ).... So i got exactly (IN CELCIUS deg increment) = 70 (lowest), 120 , 140, 160, 200, 240, 270 (highest)
So in fahrenheit (low to high) = 158, 248, 284, 320, 392, 464, 518

also i have hot plate

question abt induction and hot plate

what will be the best method to use the induction cooktop and how to ...
I mean shall it be used for decarb or evaporation ? as you have a pratical exp so a tip will save me hassle.
And please explain on how shall i use the induction cooktop as the temp i mentioned...

Q2

regarding question number 8
8) i found in other places that they keep the Mixed thing (alochol + cannabis) for like 12-24hr in the freezer than start the process.. @LAB RAT on this forum said that
Improved yield RSO
Also found many people like do that. What is best the motoco 4-6 minute quick wash or the Long wash (freezer) ?
Yes i do have time for this. Long wash will be my 3rd - 4th batch. each batch is 1 ounce. .. so if any tip or explanation over the question would help... I will also make a coconut infused one.

Q3

This question is little tricky to explain ...

simply - is it okay to halt the process between evaporation and decarbing for about 1hr ?

explanation -
Suppose i put the COFFEE FILTER'ED SOLUTION in distiller and distill and save the alcohol...now here is the tricky part..
so my distilllation equipment would not allow me to open the crock (like it comes on top of wine bottles) untill cooled for 30 - 45 min (it will be very hot and dangerous to open / remove the hot liquid and put in small container for decarbing... for example just like home cooker you can't open it directly you have to keep it for some time (to cool) or it will harm you. So the question is it okay to halt the process between evaporation and decarbing ?

Quick update on the Mrs. and me.

Mrs. Groomer:
Yesterday (day 2 of tacking) woke up with stiffness in shoulder. Energy level better. Short day at work. Shoulder still stiff after lunch. She was going to take a Naproxin, but decided to do her afternoon tack and see how it felt. Stiffness lessened to the point she was able to stretch it out and do some PT. Did not need to take NSAID. Also, sleep has been better. Hasn't had to take a xanex since she started tacking. Usually has to take 1 at bed time to sleep, even if smoking or vaping.

Myself.
Energy is better. Blood Pressure when I went to Neuro appointment was as good as it has ever been 123/78 (not bad considering my mom had hypertension and I am pushing 50):) Sleep has also been better for me.

I am hoping as our bodies get more into homeostasis we will feel better and better. I will keep you all updated. Thanks to all for your help and support!!!:circle-of-love::cco: :peace:

That's Awesome supergroomer, please keep us up to date.

:love::cco::love:

Outstanding job answering altainta's questions Johnnyoilseed :drool:

:love::cco::love:

I seem to recall Tim saying something about the winterizing being a more diluted oil which is why the yield increased? I wish I could find that post. Does anyone here recall that, or am I off track?

Comments welcome, keep in mind....I'm not positive on this....;-)

One of the blog posts I did yesterday was on PsyCor's olive oil extraction technique using fresh buds to preserve the monoterpenes, most notably myrcene. This is a significant factor in the medicinal value of this technique. Today I was going to dig into this winterizing technique. It's becoming obvious to me that there are medicinal values in different oils and we may be well advised to explore these more closely. Maybe I'll learn something about this technique that raises its profile for us.

The CCO used with tacking is predominantly THC value, to my limited knowledge. I'm beginning to get a start on understanding the synergistic dance between terpenes and cannabinoids. Just starting to scratch the surface really, but there may be more to consider than extreme concentration.

Hey all, still a pain in someone's ass and been helping people improve their quality of life. Now I head a patient NGO down here in Costa Rica so sorry but I wont be posting vids anymore, after all its still illegal here although you do run into people smoking pot downtown in the streets.

Whenever I made oil I always ended up with this green residue at the bottom of the pot that I couldn't pickup; in order to help someone I knew, I added ethanol, left it overnight, re-filtered and re-evaporated it. Left it more runny than usual and came out with about 1.5 ml of oil.

I mixed that with about 60 ml of almond oil (which smells like cherry). That's like a 2.5% dilution. I gave it to him as a topical oil to be rubbed on and told him it might not do anything.

It doesn't smell like weed and looks dark yellow. His mom is like 80 and tried it for her arthritis, it worked great. His wife has a herniated disk in her back and it worked great. Single application.

A disabled friend tried it, when taken orally he had to take large doses to get rid of the pain but topically even this watered down version worked great.

Specifically for more superficial pain (muscle/ligament/bone) it seems like a great way to use it. You can tell its working with one dose, there's no psycho activity and 1 ounce can make a good 6 month supply.

My friend who is healthy even rubs it on his legs before mountain biking, says he can bike hat=rder for longer and no longer gets cramps when he is done.

:Namaste: :goodjob: :thumb: :love: :thanks:

Not want to make a simily post..lol..

Few more question (sorry)

Q 1)

Induction cook top - (the induction cooktop doesn't have increament in 10 deg but rather preprogrammed ).... So i got exactly (IN CELCIUS deg increment) = 70 (lowest), 120 , 140, 160, 200, 240, 270 (highest)
So in fahrenheit (low to high) = 158, 248, 284, 320, 392, 464, 518

also i have hot plate

question abt induction and hot plate

what will be the best method to use the induction cooktop and how to ...
I mean shall it be used for decarb or evaporation ? as you have a pratical exp so a tip will save me hassle.
And please explain on how shall i use the induction cooktop as the temp i mentioned...

Q2

regarding question number 8

Yes i do have time for this. Long wash will be my 3rd - 4th batch. each batch is 1 ounce. .. so if any tip or explanation over the question would help... I will also make a coconut infused one.

Q3

This question is little tricky to explain ...

simply - is it okay to halt the process between evaporation and decarbing for about 1hr ?

explanation -
Suppose i put the COFFEE FILTER'ED SOLUTION in distiller and distill and save the alcohol...now here is the tricky part..
so my distilllation equipment would not allow me to open the crock (like it comes on top of wine bottles) untill cooled for 30 - 45 min (it will be very hot and dangerous to open / remove the hot liquid and put in small container for decarbing... for example just like home cooker you can't open it directly you have to keep it for some time (to cool) or it will harm you. So the question is it okay to halt the process between evaporation and decarbing ?

Good morning Altainta, hope you had a good night. Some answers today:

1. Your induction cooktop will work well to speed evaporation. Use on low then second setting to distill out the alcohol and hot plate to decarb.
2. I haven't done either the long wash or coconut infusion, sorry...no help from me.
3. Yes.

Hope this helps, good luck.

JohnnyOilseed

Q 1) what will be the best method to use the induction cooktop and how to ...

Induction is generally fairly precise and precision is what you generally want as you do not want to do any accidental or unintentional decarb. A Nuwave Induction PIC has 10 degree increments but if yours has predefined temperatures you want the coldest available temperature that still evaporates your ethanol. The ethanol I use at my altitude and temperature evaporates at 76*C (168.8*F) so I never set my induction cooktop to a temp higher than 180*F. I decarb with a Nuwave oven, it outputs 248*F on power level 6. The manual says 250*F but its close enough.

I decarb the product before the extraction, I don't claim its the best way or the only way; its just the way I do it. I've seen people do it before and after but anytime you expose your oil to more than 170*F you are decarbing unintentionally and should count the time in your decarb.

I also overdecarb on purpose, low THC strains would be best but were its illegal sometimes all you can find is high THC and with Parkinson's or MS sometimes THC just gets in the way, if you over decarb most of your THC converts to CBN.

Whenever I made oil I always ended up with this green residue at the bottom of the pot that I couldn't pickup; in order to help someone I knew, I added ethanol, left it overnight, re-filtered and re-evaporated it. Left it more runny than usual and came out with about 1.5 ml of oil.

I mixed that with about 60 ml of almond oil (which smells like cherry). That's like a 2.5% dilution. I gave it to him as a topical oil to be rubbed on and told him it might not do anything.

Sue, the above made me wonder about something. Maybe.....just maybe...this method above with the dilution it is could me mixed with shampoo and then shampoo your hair at the scalp for the problem you have. Leave it on for awhile, and then shampoo it out with unmixed shampoo....

Ya never know..It may be helpful and a new use for the oil. Test a hair sample first. It's got almond oil, that's good fer ya stuff.

I'm not avoiding the thread ya'll. I've had a very strange swing shift sort of work schedule this week, and horrible weather to deal with. (today is lovely, thank the Lord above)

Taking the weekend off, so I should be around a bit more. Hope everyone is doing well!

Time is getting closer to the 420 Motoco Memorial grow, hope everyone has their plants planned....or beans.....clones...

Lab Rat, are you growing or do you have to get yours on the street?

As the MMJ movement chugs along down here I'm starting to notice that some politicians don't really like me; which means I must be on the right path. Nothing like pissing people off for a morale boost.

Extract doesn't mix well with water so I'm not sure about mixing it with shampoo, I once added whisky to oil and it didn't mix. My dad has used the same dilution to get rid of moles and its worked great so far.

I'm just guessing as I'm not aware of the problem but perhaps a dilution with grapeseed oil applied directly to the scalp at night before bed.

3 ml RSO + 57 ml of another oil would give you a 5%. Half of that has stopped arthritis pain.

As the MMJ movement chugs along down here I'm starting to notice that some politicians don't really like me; which means I must be on the right path. Nothing like pissing people off for a morale boost.

Extract doesn't mix well with water so I'm not sure about mixing it with shampoo, I once added whisky to oil and it didn't mix. My dad has used the same dilution to get rid of moles and its worked great so far.

I'm just guessing as I'm not aware of the problem but perhaps a dilution with grapeseed oil applied directly to the scalp at night before bed.

3 ml RSO + 57 ml of another oil would give you a 5%. Half of that has stopped arthritis pain.

I was thinking that shampoo might have a surfactant in it to help that. Some do....

Hmmm....I put some of my oil that had been thinned down with grape seed oil into some cheap cream rinse for hair. It mixed up well.

This seems to me like it would work the way deep oil conditioning treatments do, if applied to the scalp and left for awhile.
With the deep oil treatments, it's just shampoo they use to get it out.

hair_oil.jpg

I have to wonder if this would help psoriasis and other scalp issues.

Welcome back Lab Rat, since we don't talk a lot about "Topical" and it is another great way to heal/pain relief, would you mind checking in once in awhile to help out on the Topical end of our thread? A lot of your experience will come in handy on this thread and for Sue's Blog of info.

:thanks::cco::high-five:

Be careful Cannafan...............you might just end up walking around as hairy as our 1 million year old relatives :thedoubletake:...........Do remember just how strong our CCO is :love::cheesygrinsmiley::rofl::rofl::rofl::drool::adore:

The largest legal grow in Latin America ...

In Chile they are growing about 6k seeds in one hectare of land. Most will be turned into oil for 4k patients.

[video=youtube;e3DBt0t6hHI]
[/video]

The crop should be ready in march, 1.5 metric tons of bud is expected to be harvested (that's 3300 lbs).

Back
Top Bottom