How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

That'll work just fine. You can rinse the container the oil is in, in the wash before you boil it down. Do this with your empty syringes (they're not totally empty).

Ps. Decarboxilation takes place above 240 deg F.......but keep oil below 250 deg F to avoid burning off any Cannabinoids (it'll start smoking).

PPs. Please tell me you didn't MIX the CCO with olive oil...If you did, it's OK, but that would be good for eating or topical application, NOT tacking (yes, too runny).

Your answers are what I was hoping for, thank you. My biggest concern now is going to be trying to evaporate off the alcohol at a temp between 240 & 250, thats a pretty narrow range!
Now I'm thinking maybe I should evaporate most of it off and then put it in the oven at 240 degrees for an hour or so to be certain it gets decarboxylated before finishing it off. Does that sound reasonable, or is there a better way to do it? Sorry for the questions but as you can tell, I'm a little nervous now and the last thing I want to do is ruin nearly a quarter pound of bud!!!!

You will need to use a thermometer whatever way you do it (at first). AFTER all alcohol is boiled off you can safely use the oven to decarboxylase but you must be confident that your oven thermo is accurate.

A laser thermo works great and an oven thermo would be a must.

You start to lose cannabinoids above 250 deg F., but not too bad until 290 deg F.

Never let your oil go above 290 deg F.
(preferred not above 250 deg F.)

When boiling off the alcohol, the temp will range from 140 to 170 deg F.
It's hard to go above that because the alcohol evaporating will cool (carry away) the extra heat.
As the Mixture contains less and less alcohol, the temp will start to go above 170 deg F.
Let it continue to rise to 245 deg F. and hold it there until all surface movement stops.
It's not necessary to keep the oil at that temp past when all movement stops.
When the oil is at 245 deg F and there is no movement at all...it is decarboxylased.
Pull the oil into syringes while it's still very hot.
Stand the syringe on the plunger so that the air goes to the tip as it cools and you can easily push it out later.

You will need to use a thermometer whatever way you do it (at first). AFTER all alcohol is boiled off you can safely use the oven to decarboxilate but you must be confident that your oven thermo is accurate.

You start to lose cannabinoids above 250 deg F., but not too bad until 290 deg F.

OK. I have a feeling I am over thinking this, but you know, that "Old Dog - New Trick" thing. I will be starting phase ll it in the morning so I just want to have all my ducks in a row. Thank you for replying.

Be sure to check the rest of the edited post.

Ps. My neighbor says 'Hi':ciao: He's been to Beaver Island and can name others near by!

One more question. I used all of the EverClear that I had preparing the bud to freeze.

I am hoping that I can just use a cheap vodka to rinse tools, jars, etc with.

The Ever Clear was used where I felt it was the most important, but because of my location, this high test stuff is hard to come by.

Hey John, what do you use to clean up after you make oil?

You will need to use a thermometer whatever way you do it (at first). AFTER all alcohol is boiled off you can safely use the oven to decarboxylase but you must be confident that your oven thermo is accurate.

It's hard to go above that because the alcohol evaporating will cool (carry away) the extra heat.
As the Mixture contains less and less alcohol, the temp will start to go above 170 deg F.
Let it continue to rise to 245 deg F. and hold it there until all surface movement stops.
When the oil is at 245 deg F and there is no movement at all...it is decarboxylased.
Stand the syringe on the plunger so that the air goes to the tip as it cools and you can easily push it out later.

A great explanation of finishing temperatures +reps :)

Also, nice video of thetabletop water still . Thanks :)

This is Dummied Down far enough that I get it :high-five:
Thank you and
+Reps

Hey John, what do you use to clean up after you make oil?
My tongue. No, I rinse as I go so it all ends up in the wash. Cuticle pusher collects around syringes and into metal measuring cup for next batch.

A great explanation of finishing temperatures +reps :)
Also, nice video of thetabletop water still . Thanks :)
Video courtesy of Fanny (aka cannafan).

I hope he had a good time and wasn't here during mosquito season.
He lived somewhere close and went there often.

Okay edited this...

Ok guys so i want to make the oil

I am trying to make (orderwise)

Target

-Pain killer (external or topical mostly back pains and joint pains)
-Sleep
-Pain killer (internal)
-Blood pressure (IS IT POSSIBLE so low cure or high cure ?)
-Diabetice cure
-Cancer Tumour killer (Main objective)

TO THE POINT
So i want to follow Mr Motoco method for oil extraction (with street weed no other option. which is mostly sativa. good for smoke)
Please understand i have to fine tune few things before begining...

Material (i got)

- 1 ounce Street based material (bud,leafs,trim,stem and seeds) (MOSTLY SEEDS) (from unknown dealer no other option my crop got destroyed and don't have time) (1 ounce is for testing purpose) I REMOVED 5 GRAMS OF SEEDS FROM 35GRAMS OF MATERAIAL NOW 1 OUNCE IS ABT 30GRAMS (rounding up). I extracted the seeds with hand and broken with hands (in search for seeds). So material is broken). The stem snaps but the stem don't seprate after snapping but it is dry i can say... There is no STRAIN THING HERE ! so no purple, daddy, bubba etc etc... simple one to two strain which are never tested. So no choice in CBD, THC, STRAIN, Quality selection...Take it or leave it system.. I elaborated this so nobody will hang on to grow your own med advice and lecture me on it.....I didn't found much abt making oil with Seeded flower (hermied or whatever)

- 160-170 proof alcohol (grain alcohol distilled by home made distiler) abt 750ml (REALLY VERY COSTLY TO MAKE)

- Induction cook top - (the induction cooktop doesn't have increament in 10 deg but rather preprogrammed ).... So i got exactly (IN CELCIUS deg increment) = 70 (lowest), 120 , 140, 160, 200, 240, 270 (highest)
So in fahrenheit (low to high) = 158, 248, 284, 320, 392, 464, 518

- HOT PLATE - have Variable rheostat 1-5. It looks like "Waring Pro Portable Burner" in motoco thread 1st page...

- white coffee filter
- sieve (big and small)
- Some wood to crush em (used in kitchen) 2 inch surface
- Table fan

Questions (PLEASE ANSWER WITH REFERENCE QUESTION NUMBER OR QUOTE QUESTION)

NOTE : I ALREADY KNOW THE DANGER INVOLVED IN ALCOHOL EVAPORATION AS I DID DISTILLATION.

1) So i need to do double wash 1 ounce material ? in simple language
Mix with alcohol than drain with BIG SIEVE in coffee filter (and mason jar setup) (which has a limit to hold qty)
if the coffee filter is filled than move to another coffee filter and mason jar setup
put back all the BIG SIEVE content back to the mixing pitcher
Add alcohol again like 1st wash (till fully covered and 1 inch above the cannabis level)..AM I RIGHT HERE abt alcohol qty?
Now how much time to keep this new mixed thing ?
Also should i crush it like first wash again ?
It will eat a lot of ETHANOL i mean wastage thru evaporation during extraction will be more. You know it took me so much efforts to make the food grade alcohol via distillation...

2) PLEASE ALSO MENTION EXACT TIME TO KEEP THE ETHANOL + CANNABIS MIX IN 1ST AND SECOND WASH ! total time we have (as per motoco) is 6-8 MIN after freezer... so first wash 4 minute than second wash 4 minute ?

3) Also after the Coffee filter extraction can i keep the output and not go to the evaporation procedure for like 1-4 days ? will it affect the medicine ? can i store it in fridge (refrigeration section) ?

4) What do you exactly mean by sedation i mean... THC converts to CBN..The oil become sedative.. So what happen to person if he consume CBN ? how sedative is defined in here? I want it for MEDICINE not Enjoyment and most people do not like hight (thx for the motoco method on tacking i don't have to worry much) !!! Will they sleep,will not be able to drive, walk, talk, go unconsious etc

5) If it big concern to not use white coffee filter (instead use brown ) as i do not have brown available anywhere? what are the sideeffect of using white coffee filter which leaches bleach i guess ? if it is very low than please don't describe and say go with white no problem....already many of us eat pesticides via veg and many more things...

6) What happen if 80% ABV used (i.e 160 proof) alcohol is used or 151 proof.. What to watch for ? what is the output or difference will i get (from motoco process)? will i get runny oil ? will the colour be different ? will there be water during the decarbox process ? will the bubble be different ? and most importantly will the water evaporate during decarb process ?

7) also is it okay to keep seeds with the material or extracting the seeds is necessary ?

8) i found in other places that they keep the Mixed thing (alochol + cannabis) for like 12-24hr in the freezer than start the process.. @Lab Rat on this forum said that
Improved yield RSO
Also found many people like do that. What is best the motoco 4-6 minute quick wash or the Long wash (freezer) ?

9) I also found some people wrapping the material in tshirt/cotton cloth and putting in mason jar than adding alochol than giving good shake than keeping for like 12-24hr and than straining and evaporating... So confused with so many methods.. Any explanation on it too ?

10) Which thing will create odour ? Alcohol or the cannabis ? how bad is the odour ? i want to be safe than sorry... !

11) Do crushed (motoco method), hand broken, powdered CANNABIS MATERIAL yeild differently ?

12) I am not able to get oral syringes will normal needle syringe do ? i mean i will remove the needle cap... If not than any other method of storage ?

Now after this i will ask about how to cure the diseases which i mentioned above but that for later. First i will try to some oil as a experiment...

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and provided support, I just finished up 2 batches.
I did another half ounce of Grand Daddy Purple, for a total used of 1.15oz, which only yielded 3+ml.
I also put up 1.15oz of PainKiller XL, which I got 7+ out of.

I think it's safe to say I wasted quite a bit on that first day. (You wouldn't want to see a video of that one!!!)
I now have plenty to get started on so I need to spend a couple of days reading up on tacking.

Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and provided support, I just finished up 2 batches.
I did another half ounce of Grand Daddy Purple, for a total used of 1.15oz, which only yielded 3+ml.
I also put up 1.15oz of PainKiller XL, which I got 7+ out of.

I think it's safe to say I wasted quite a bit on that first day. (You wouldn't want to see a video of that one!!!)
I now have plenty to get started on so I need to spend a couple of days reading up on tacking.

That's awesome news Beav! You're rocking it out now, and ready to roll.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom