How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

So no luck on the Kleenxtract front? I wonder how legal it was? Is it legal to make 200 proof alcohol? I don't know. I am guessing there is no number on the label of the empty bottle? :peace:

In the US, it is illegal to distill or reclaim alcohol, period. One needs a distiller's license. It is not under the same laws as beer or wine. It is called spirits. You can get a license pretty easily.

As for drinking distilled water and not getting minerals, it is better to get your minerals from veggies, not water. And it does not leach minerals from the body.

It is easy to clean the distiller and make distilled water after making the oil. Clean it with some alcohol on a paper towel. If you distill water, you can clean the yucky stuff (minerals and chemicals) off the bottom with distilled white vinegar, just as you would with a stainless steel cooking pot or pan. This is directly from my experience. I distill water every day and oil every other month or so. We use distilled water for drinking, coffee and cooking in my home. No one says anything about taste or smell. Except that the water tastes good, better than the faucet water or bottled spring water.

Hope this helps.

WJ
:ciao:

Thanks Sam, I have read that you have to re-mineralize the distilled water.
Some use Himalayan (pink) salt. What say you?
I had a heart attack last year, so I'm concerned with using salt.

No need to re-mineralize distilled water John. Just eat fresh veggies to get your minerals. Salt is bad for you. I just had three stents to open the arteries that were from a triple bypass 8 years ago. So I understand your concern.

WJ

From what I've read regarding distilled water it does leach minerals and electrolytes from the body. But, do a google search and you will come up with dr's saying both sides - it's ok to drink, it's not ok to drink.

I would do what you're thinking John - a pinch of Himilayan salt. Lots of minerals in there. Again, there's information supporting both sides of the salt argument so you need to make your own mind up regarding the effects of salt on the body, but from what I understand, processed or regular table salt is more of a problem, not just "salt" in general.

Distilled Water Enhances Mineral Absorption

By William Misner, Ph.D
From 1996 until his retirement in 2006, Dr. Bill worked full-time as Director of Research & Development at Hammer Nutrition. Among his many accomplishments, both academically and athletically, he is an AAMA Board Certified Alternative Medicine Practitioner and the author of "What Should I Eat? A Food-Endowed Prescription For Well Being".

DOES DISTILLED WATER LEACH MINERALS FROM OUR BODIES?
Absolutely, not...in fact just the opposite has been found to occur in cellular research studies. It is a mistaken belief that drinking pure distilled water reduces valuable minerals from living human tissues.

Taken directly from Hammer Nutrition website.

WJ

Try this link for more information on organic and inorganic minerals and the drinking of distilled water and the benefits. Undistilled water contains inorganic minerals, which are bad for our bodies. Distilled water does help to leach those minerals from our bodies. We need organic minerals which come from fruits and vegetables. Not the inorganic ones in water. Negative information about distilled water are just old wive's tales. Just not true at all.
:Namaste:

WJ

Huh... interesting wildjim... I've just been reading several other pages/links on why it's ok to drink distilled water... and now I'm not so sure it is bad for you. Yet another important health issue where there's two sides that contradict each other :thedoubletake:

Thanks for the info.

Huh... interesting wildjim... I've just been reading several other pages/links on why it's ok to drink distilled water... and now I'm not so sure it is bad for you. Yet another important health issue where there's two sides that contradict each other :thedoubletake:

Thanks for the info.

Most of the negative info is old and those passing that information were most likely water companies, bottled water companies too. Think about Flint Michigan. The people there could drink the water if they would distill it. Distilling water removes the water from the impurities. The lead would be left behind to be cleaned out of the distiller with distilled white vinegar. A good way to think about it.

WJ

From what I've read regarding distilled water it does leach minerals and electrolytes from the body. But, do a google search and you will come up with dr's saying both sides - it's ok to drink, it's not ok to drink.

I would do what you're thinking John - a pinch of Himilayan salt. Lots of minerals in there. Again, there's information supporting both sides of the salt argument so you need to make your own mind up regarding the effects of salt on the body, but from what I understand, processed or regular table salt is more of a problem, not just "salt" in general.

When I make my Kefir water, I add Himalayan salts to it. It's part of the actual procedure for the minerals.

Thanks for the info.

When weighing two sides of an issue, I find it helpful to think about who is benefitting from their side of the argument. I'm not saying YOU are benefitting, but the water company, the chiropractor selling Himalayan Salt (and yes we use it to take spa baths!), the water purifier sales staff, and the spiritual guru may have a selfish reason behind what they say. I find "follow the money" is a helpful clue when looking at a controversy.

Hi all,
I just ran the first gallon of tap water through the MegaHome water still.

YUCK!!!

{{pauses to rinse vinegar from SS still}}

I have to say, I don't think I'll EVER drink my tap water again!

The still auto turns off, and leaves a moist 'mud' when cool again. We drink this stuff. That's gross, people.

Next test...you got it...oil.

Thank you so much, WildJim...you light my path! Confidence feels so........what is it?........sexy.

I'll be interested in hearing the response to this as well. My understanding is it needs to be dry, as in bone dry.

My memory of the subject is that Tim absolutely believed in the full cure. He encouraged me to buy bud to make oil and continue the dosing regimen while curing my own crop properly. And, so, I never tried making oil w/uncured bud...sure would be a trip for someone to try and see what happens again after Rado or WildJim, I forget which...got good results. Who wants to risk their bud...step right up!

But I've been tackin' (sloppy on purpose and proud:drool:) and bongin':roorrip:...what could I possibly remember incorrectly?

Mo, you could sure shed some light here.

Groomer, you're so cool, I bet it'll all be OK. Harvest on time and cure properly.

:Namaste:
JohnnyOilseed

Here ya go, From TIM:

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I just set mine out a few hours on a cookie sheet covered with paper towels (keep the light off of it) after the bud is cured to make sure. If the stem of the bud snaps cleanly and doesn't bend your set. The drier you bud, the quicker the decarb as budnoob has mentioned. This is the reason for having your flowers dried, less moisture. One thing about having dried flower, you can always add moisture (for smoking) but your screwed if its moldy. Even when vaping flowers it recommends completely dried bud to rid of the moisture.

I'm going to keep searching, I know there were more discussions on it in the past.

Back
Top Bottom