How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Okay edited this...

Ok guys so i want to make the oil

I am trying to make (orderwise)

Target

-Pain killer (external or topical mostly back pains and joint pains)
-Sleep
-Pain killer (internal)
-Blood pressure (IS IT POSSIBLE so low cure or high cure ?)
-Diabetice cure
-Cancer Tumour killer (Main objective)

TO THE POINT
So i want to follow Mr Motoco method for oil extraction (with street weed no other option. which is mostly sativa. good for smoke)
Please understand i have to fine tune few things before begining...

Material (i got)

- 1 ounce Street based material (bud,leafs,trim,stem and seeds) (MOSTLY SEEDS) (from unknown dealer no other option my crop got destroyed and don't have time) (1 ounce is for testing purpose) I REMOVED 5 GRAMS OF SEEDS FROM 35GRAMS OF MATERAIAL NOW 1 OUNCE IS ABT 30GRAMS (rounding up). I extracted the seeds with hand and broken with hands (in search for seeds). So material is broken). The stem snaps but the stem don't seprate after snapping but it is dry i can say... There is no STRAIN THING HERE ! so no purple, daddy, bubba etc etc... simple one to two strain which are never tested. So no choice in CBD, THC, STRAIN, Quality selection...Take it or leave it system.. I elaborated this so nobody will hang on to grow your own med advice and lecture me on it.....I didn't found much abt making oil with Seeded flower (hermied or whatever)

- 160-170 proof alcohol (grain alcohol distilled by home made distiler) abt 750ml (REALLY VERY COSTLY TO MAKE)

- Induction cook top - (the induction cooktop doesn't have increament in 10 deg but rather preprogrammed ).... So i got exactly (IN CELCIUS deg increment) = 70 (lowest), 120 , 140, 160, 200, 240, 270 (highest)
So in fahrenheit (low to high) = 158, 248, 284, 320, 392, 464, 518

- HOT PLATE - have Variable rheostat 1-5. It looks like "Waring Pro Portable Burner" in motoco thread 1st page...

- white coffee filter
- sieve (big and small)
- Some wood to crush em (used in kitchen) 2 inch surface
- Table fan

Questions (PLEASE ANSWER WITH REFERENCE QUESTION NUMBER OR QUOTE QUESTION)

NOTE : I ALREADY KNOW THE DANGER INVOLVED IN ALCOHOL EVAPORATION AS I DID DISTILLATION.

1) So i need to do double wash 1 ounce material ? in simple language
Mix with alcohol than drain with BIG SIEVE in coffee filter (and mason jar setup) (which has a limit to hold qty)
if the coffee filter is filled than move to another coffee filter and mason jar setup
put back all the BIG SIEVE content back to the mixing pitcher
Add alcohol again like 1st wash (till fully covered and 1 inch above the cannabis level)..AM I RIGHT HERE abt alcohol qty?
Now how much time to keep this new mixed thing ?
Also should i crush it like first wash again ?
It will eat a lot of ETHANOL i mean wastage thru evaporation during extraction will be more. You know it took me so much efforts to make the food grade alcohol via distillation...

2) PLEASE ALSO MENTION EXACT TIME TO KEEP THE ETHANOL + CANNABIS MIX IN 1ST AND SECOND WASH ! total time we have (as per motoco) is 6-8 MIN after freezer... so first wash 4 minute than second wash 4 minute ?

3) Also after the Coffee filter extraction can i keep the output and not go to the evaporation procedure for like 1-4 days ? will it affect the medicine ? can i store it in fridge (refrigeration section) ?

4) What do you exactly mean by sedation i mean... THC converts to CBN..The oil become sedative.. So what happen to person if he consume CBN ? how sedative is defined in here? I want it for MEDICINE not Enjoyment and most people do not like hight (thx for the motoco method on tacking i don't have to worry much) !!! Will they sleep,will not be able to drive, walk, talk, go unconsious etc

5) If it big concern to not use white coffee filter (instead use brown ) as i do not have brown available anywhere? what are the sideeffect of using white coffee filter which leaches bleach i guess ? if it is very low than please don't describe and say go with white no problem....already many of us eat pesticides via veg and many more things...

6) What happen if 80% ABV used (i.e 160 proof) alcohol is used or 151 proof.. What to watch for ? what is the output or difference will i get (from motoco process)? will i get runny oil ? will the colour be different ? will there be water during the decarbox process ? will the bubble be different ? and most importantly will the water evaporate during decarb process ?

7) also is it okay to keep seeds with the material or extracting the seeds is necessary ?

8) i found in other places that they keep the Mixed thing (alochol + cannabis) for like 12-24hr in the freezer than start the process.. @LAB RAT on this forum said that
Improved yield RSO
Also found many people like do that. What is best the motoco 4-6 minute quick wash or the Long wash (freezer) ?

9) I also found some people wrapping the material in tshirt/cotton cloth and putting in mason jar than adding alochol than giving good shake than keeping for like 12-24hr and than straining and evaporating... So confused with so many methods.. Any explanation on it too ?

10) Which thing will create odour ? Alcohol or the cannabis ? how bad is the odour ? i want to be safe than sorry... !

11) Do crushed (motoco method), hand broken, powdered CANNABIS MATERIAL yeild differently ?

12) I am not able to get oral syringes will normal needle syringe do ? i mean i will remove the needle cap... If not than any other method of storage ?

Now after this i will ask about how to cure the diseases which i mentioned above but that for later. First i will try to some oil as a experiment...

Moved from wrong thread and re-posted:

Altainta, here we go...by the numbers:

1. Just cover the pot....you don't need 1 inch over. Everything frozen. Two - 3 or 4 minute washes while smashing and mixing both washes.

2. Yes, exactly.

3. Yes, you can refrigerate the wash as long as you like...it will not affect the strength of the oil.

4. Tacking properly (third green link below) will not get you high. No sedative effect unless you are sloppy and swallow part of the dose or swallow oil laced saliva. Spit saliva out for 15 minutes (not the tack).

5. Go with white, no problem.

6. The oil will be darker green, you'll get slightly more, it'll be just as effective (use slightly more), and, yes, the water will boil off during decarb. with no problem.

7. Don't worry about seeds, they'll be OK.

8. You might get a little more with the long process, but you must keep it all frozen the whole time. Do you have a lot of time?

9. Forget that stuff for now. Keep it simple.

10. Boiling alcohol will produce fumes that you must not breath. It can kill or explode. Boil outside WITH a fan. Cannabis smell not strong.

11. No.

12. I don't know. Try them or use any small container. Dosing will be easier if the syringes will work.

About this thread......it is a chat room and not an oil how to thread (see links below).

:Namaste:
JohnnytiredOilseed
Good night.

Did you make oil last night? :peace:

No, groomer...the still didn't arrive yet. Now Amazombie says it will come the 14th - 20th. Toe tapping here!!!

One more re-post so it's all in the correct place:

Quote Originally Posted by altainta View Post

Not want to make a simily post..lol..

Few more question (sorry)

Q 1)

Induction cook top - (the induction cooktop doesn't have increament in 10 deg but rather preprogrammed ).... So i got exactly (IN CELCIUS deg increment) = 70 (lowest), 120 , 140, 160, 200, 240, 270 (highest)
So in fahrenheit (low to high) = 158, 248, 284, 320, 392, 464, 518

also i have hot plate

question abt induction and hot plate

what will be the best method to use the induction cooktop and how to ...
I mean shall it be used for decarb or evaporation ? as you have a pratical exp so a tip will save me hassle.
And please explain on how shall i use the induction cooktop as the temp i mentioned...

Q2

regarding question number 8

Yes i do have time for this. Long wash will be my 3rd - 4th batch. each batch is 1 ounce. .. so if any tip or explanation over the question would help... I will also make a coconut infused one.

Q3

This question is little tricky to explain ...

simply - is it okay to halt the process between evaporation and decarbing for about 1hr ?

explanation -
Suppose i put the COFFEE FILTER'ED SOLUTION in distiller and distill and save the alcohol...now here is the tricky part..
so my distilllation equipment would not allow me to open the crock (like it comes on top of wine bottles) untill cooled for 30 - 45 min (it will be very hot and dangerous to open / remove the hot liquid and put in small container for decarbing... for example just like home cooker you can't open it directly you have to keep it for some time (to cool) or it will harm you. So the question is it okay to halt the process between evaporation and decarbing ?

Good morning Altainta, hope you had a good night. Some answers today:

1. Your induction cooktop will work well to speed evaporation. Use on low then second setting to distill out the alcohol and hot plate to decarb.
2. I haven't done either the long wash or coconut infusion, sorry...no help from me.
3. Yes.

Hope this helps, good luck.

JohnnyOilseed

Thank you for moving those Johnnygotitrightandsavedmetime!

:circle-of-love:

I should have my distiller on Monday. Hopefully tomorrow!

One word Cannafan....................................

PICTURES :love::cco::love:

Looking at the details of the H20labs essential oil distiller as compared to the H2Olabs water distillers.

This unit is specifically designed to make essential oils or alcohol with a lower wattage heating element, (320 Watts), and unvented condensing coil to prevent distillate vapor from escaping. (Water distillers are vented.)

Earlier, we have discussed the lower wattage heating element (320W) compared to the water distillers (565W)

What caught my attention here was the unvented vs. vented condensing coil.

For indoor use with alcohol (very common with essential oil extraction from flowers) they seem to highlight that the essential oil distiller will protect distillate vapor ( vaporized alcohol?) from escaping where the water distiller does not.

When using either distiller to distill water, it is safe indoors.
Using the essential oil distiller to distill alcohol, it appears safe indoors.
When using the water distiller to distill alcohol, it is potentially unsafe indoors.

H2Olabs suggests you don't ask for further clarification.

Note: Please do not contact H2oLabs for information about how to make anything other than water with this unit. (Our expertise is WATER distillation.) Do your own research prior to purchasing, as this essential oil distiller for sale has a no-return policy. We don't guarantee exactly what you can make with the unit as essential oil making requires research and experimentation. But if the ingredients can be distilled, you can use our distillers to make it. The list is endless with hundreds of tips, recipes and uses available on the Internet. (A couple examples are: How to Make Essential Oils (with Pictures) - wikiHow and EasyStill.com For a long list of essential oil uses, visit Wikepedia.org and search for “essential oils” or do a Google search for "how to make essential oils", etc.) There are also many books on distilling essential oils available at Amazon.com.

My personal decision, if I purchase one, is to purchase the essential oil distillation unit.

To be fair, this is also because my wife anticipates distilling essential oils from plants found in traditional herb gardens.

Looking at the details of the H20labs essential oil distiller as compared to the H2Olabs water distillers.

Earlier, we have discussed the lower wattage heating element (320W) compared to the water distillers (565W)

What caught my attention here was the unvented vs. vented condensing coil.

For indoor use with alcohol (very common with essential oil extraction from flowers) they seem to highlight that the essential oil distiller will protect distillate vapor ( vaporized alcohol?) from escaping where the water distiller does not.

When using either distiller to distill water, it is safe indoors.
Using the essential oil distiller to distill alcohol, it appears safe indoors.
When using the water distiller to distill alcohol, it is potentially unsafe indoors.

H2Olabs suggests you don't ask for further clarification.

My personal decision, if I purchase one, is to purchase the essential oil distillation unit.

To be fair, this is also because my wife anticipates distilling essential oils from plants found in traditional herb gardens.

Love the information Radogast. I plan to do essential oils as well, like your wife. Those oils are really expensive for the small amounts you get for your money.
Thanks for the post!

:circle-of-love:

:thumb:I got my water still late yesterday (Martin Luther King Day) from UPS. I got my calipers (for measuring the sanding and polishing of washers in knives for close tolerances of pivot) sunday from USPS!

These guys are seriously competing for our business!!!:goodjob:

I made the decision to go with the water still because it can be used for both oil making and water distillation. I believe good, clean, pure water is as important as CCO in maintaining the human body in optimal condition....am I right SweetSue? You betchya!:high-five:

I'll run through the process a time or two before I post pics (for the first time ever....scary). Thank you Fanny (paying it forward by helping ME. What a concept!!! I like it. I'll get you back, girlfren!)...elph not here yet.:thanks:

Ordering more KleenXtract and syringes (next disability check). Goes fast when you're JohnnyOilseed.:ciao:

May Peace and Health be upon you all.:passitleft:

JohnnyOilseed

HEY JOHN.......where you been Sir?

LoveyaJohnnytellusifyoufindtheKleenextract...........This helps keep the mind fresh

:drool::cco::drool:

Ordering more KleenXtract and syringes (next disability check). Goes fast when you're JohnnyOilseed.:ciao:

May Peace and Health be upon you all.:passitleft:

JohnnyOilseed

Where do you get your KleenXtract from? Could you give me a link, either here or PM?

Also, you are not concerned with a smell or taste after doing oil, then switching back to drinking water?

I was curious about that taste concern too John. I plan to use mine simply for oil production. I'm not sure how good it'd switch between the two.

And yes, copious amounts of good water help to create the state of homeostasis that repels disease. :high-five:

Haven't found KleenXtract link yet...still looking.

Flush the still with alcohol (and add to decarb cup) after boiling down the wash. Simple.

JohnnyOilseed

I may be able to get EverClear 190 after all. I just called the store owner and they are going to see if they can get it, check the price and see what kind of a minimum order there is from their wholesaler. Sounds easy enough but it has to be flown in.

I made the decision to go with the water still because it can be used for both oil making and water distillation. I believe good, clean, pure water is as important as CCO in maintaining the human body in optimal condition....

Hey JohnnyOilseed. Distilled water shouldn't be drunk on a regular basis as it leaches minerals from the body. There is absolutely nothing in distilled water so if you drink it you will cause problems.

Let me know if you have any questions with the distillation process. I've run a couple of batches through my still already so may be able to assist.

As far as I can tell, there's no taste/smell of the oil in any of the batches of 93% alcohol I have made after using it to re-capture the alcohol from the oil procedure. But... the re-captured alcohol that I used to make the oil did have quite a distinct smell to it. I don't see this being a problem for reusing again for future oil batches though... Although it may affect the taste slightly?

Thanks Sam, I have read that you have to re-mineralize the distilled water.
Some use Himalayan (pink) salt. What say you?
I had a heart attack last year, so I'm concerned with using salt.

Well Canna.. You or Johnnyoilseedwithanewtoy need to make a video when you make your oil in the still cause it's looking like I ain't gonna be buying any Kleenxtract... I'm so mad at myself for not listening to Tim... Not only would I have enough for a long time... I could have the last 18 hours back...:yikes:...:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom