How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I will be making some this weekend also. We can all compare pictures. The pictures in this thread might be hard to give you an exact idea when it's time to switch to the cup...I notice that the alcohol smell greatly diminishes when it's time to switch to the cup. Even if there is some alcohol when you switch to the cup the decarb is cook the rest off, it just might take a little longer.

It's these little invaluable observations that I hope you each can include in the narratives of your pictures.

I know this has been brought up before. I am looking for a still to reclaim the alcohol. There are several that all look similar on Amazon. Who here is using a still and how does it change that way you make your oil? I know the couple batches I made on the induction top the smell of cooking everclear is a little over powering, not to mention expensive to buy each time. I would love to hear others experiences in reclaiming their solvent. :peace:

I know this has been brought up before. I am looking for a still to reclaim the alcohol. There are several that all look similar on Amazon. Who here is using a still and how does it change that way you make your oil? I know the couple batches I made on the induction top the smell of cooking everclear is a little over powering, not to mention expensive to buy each time. I would love to hear others experiences in reclaiming their solvent. :peace:

I'm all ears, never heard of this before!

My first day of school and already I could not find the classroom,, i have been wandering around for days looking for it,, finally a kind stranger gave me directions,, so thankful,, sorry i'm late teachers, all ears and eyes now,,and a lot of catch up to eat,, i mean do,, :Namaste:

My first day of school and already I could not find the classroom,, i have been wandering around for days looking for it,, finally a kind stranger gave me directions,, so thankful,, sorry i'm late teachers, all ears and eyes now,,and a lot of catch up to eat,, i mean do,, :Namaste:

Welcome!!! There are several related threads to look through. What are you using (or looking to use) CCO for? There are lots of us here with various illnesses to help.

If you go to this link you will meet the Cannabis Oil United group. If you look through the first post you will find all the related links. Ask questions and you will be pointed in the right direction!! :welcome: :peace:

I have links to all four threads and the blog resources (Information Resources) in my signature line under Healing the Body with CCO. I get around a lot, so whenever you see my posts you'll have the links right there. I think of it as a community service. :battingeyelashes:

Nivek, welcome to the threads. :hug:

I have links to all four threads and the blog resources (Information Resources) in my signature line under Healing the Body with CCO. I get around a lot, so whenever you see my posts you'll have the links right there. I think of it as a community service. :battingeyelashes:

Nivek, welcome to the threads. :hug:

Appreciated sue, thank you,, wow,, what a lotto reading I have to do,, most interesting indeed,, what a fabulous resource,, cheers:Namaste:

I am ready to make my first batch of oil, but have 1 question before I start... Can I look at the making oil as a two step process that could be done on consecutive days with any loss of potency? i.e extraction today and cooking it down tomorrow?

As I mentioned on the other thread, safety first. It would be very unsafe to store the extraction for any period of time and I personally wouldn't risk it.

I am ready to make my first batch of oil, but have 1 question before I start... Can I look at the making oil as a two step process that could be done on consecutive days with any loss of potency? i.e extraction today and cooking it down tomorrow?

Sorry, thought I answered this. No problem separating the two parts of the oil making process.

You can just cover the wash in a glass or ss container as long as you like. Or you can leave uncovered and let it slowly evaporate overnight or as long as it takes, really. You would need to decarb the residue at 240 - 250 deg F until temp reached and any surface movement stops.

In boil down or evaporation at ambient temp, move liquid to smaller decarb container so as to more easily collect the end resulting oil.

:Namaste:

Is the safety concern due to the volatility of the extraction materials?

Volatility of the solvent, yes.

Back
Top Bottom