How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Mo and this community and the world has lost a great man, Mo is in great pain right now, and she is thankfully surrounded by family & friends. We all love you very much Mo, God bless you. I have lost a true brother, a true friend and my mentor/guru. (hard to see the key board with these tears in my eyes).

I would like to tell the "oilheads" and the world how "TACKING" was born.........
Many years ago Tim & Mo started to study RSO (Rick Simpson Oil), at that time the way to take the oil was by putting a little dab between your cheek & gum and let it drain down to your liver. This will send you into orbit within a couple of hours, you would need to build up a tolerance in order to get enough oil in your system to heal/cure your aliments or cancer. One day Tim was standing in the mirror and getting ready to put the oil in between his cheek & gum, while standing there with his finger and oil in his mouth pushed against his gum he was thinking very deep about a friend who was having trouble dosing the oil (hands were to shaky). When he realized he had been standing there with his finger on his lower gum he removed his finger and noticed that the oil was gone, absorb into his gum. About 2 hours later when he felt no euphoria (light bulb moment) he knew he was on to something. For the next year or so Tim & Mo turned off the internet and started to learn this new method while helping themselves and some friends that needed help. Using this method to heal some friends of stage 4 cancer he felt compelled to get the word out. He started two journals (see my signature) that have grown to about 120 pages of his knowledge and compassion in helping the people most in need. This was how "Tacking" was born. Tim is the founder of the "Tacking protocol" and will always be known for saving countless lives without the unwanted euphoria, a feeling that stops most elderly from getting the oil they need.

Tim has helped me learn this method without any thoughts of his own time, I asked questions like a 2 year old hanging on to mommies dress. Tim, what is a good daytime strain? Tim, what is a good nighttime strain? Tim, is this the right strain? Tim, is this hybrid okay to use for daytime? Tim, I didn't see any small bubbles? Tim, what are the big bubbles doing? Tim, did I just mess this up?.................Tim, how's the family today? He always gave me a well thought out answer just like he did in his journals. Tim's the Warrior fighting the fight for the people that were sent home from the doctors to die, out of money and out of options. Tim would donate his medicine and knowledge to help save their lives, and he saved a lot of lives and he will continue to save lives through these journals & "Oilheads".

This thread is the tip of the spear and I will PICKUP MOTOCO'S FLAG AND HEAD STRAIGHT INTO THE FIGHT knowing that Motoco has giving me (us Oilheads) the knowledge to go forward and save lives, heal ailments and help people with their maintenance doses so the only time they will need a doctor is for a physical ailment.

GOD BLESS TIM
GOD BLESS THE "OILHEADS (past, present & future)
LONG LIVE MOTOCO

Thank you, RSOiler

From Tim's daughter :love:

My father had suffered a stroke on the morning of December 18th around 8 am. From that point he was rushed into ICU and because of the lack of oxygen, my father suffered cognitive brain damage and was only sustained by life support. My dad's wishes were not to be on life support, and he passed December 19th at 3:45 pm.

We'll be working on a Fallen Warrior's thread for our Brother Tim. :rip:

:Namaste:

Forever...345...means tacking concentrated cannabis oil to me.

Hi altainta, you are a saint to help your friend save his life...

I've used the oil to get rid of my prostate cancer. From planting the seed or clone, through harvest and cure, and oil making, I've had the luck (like you) of having mentors here on this site to show me how to save my own life.

I've never experienced a greater sense of accomplishment, self pride, and humility.

Sorry, I do get wordy.

ALL of your questions, and many more, are answered in the two links below. I'll answer some here:

1. Yes. Sorry, you must read the first link below for details. No bags.
2. Alcohol will boil off at around 70 deg F and will be hard to raise above that because the evaporation process is a cooling process.
3. & 8. The closer to pure grain alcohol (100% or 200 proof) the better. The water in 45 Proof or % will pull out more chlorophyl and waxes but also most the cannabinoids. You'll have less pure oil, but more bulk and still effective as a medication. You'll have to use more, is all.
4. Yes, the temp must be between 240 and 250 deg F until all surface movement ceases. Watch that the alcohol has mostly boiled off before hand or you'll blow the place up.
5. No, you'd leave too many cannabinoids on the inside of the grinder.
6. & 7. Freeze both solvent and bud 24 hours before starting. Combine and crush the buds during a 4 minute wash.

This is not meant to replace your reading the two links below in my signature!

Read the first few pages of these links before starting the process!

I know you are in a hurry, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.

There's too much time and money involved to make a mistake.

Good luck and read, read, read, read, read...

Correction:

Please correct answer #2 above to read 170 deg F. (will boil lower...this is max fast)

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful thoughts. :thanks:
I hope you all had a nice Christmas.
May the New Year find you all healthy and happy!!

For whatever reason I cannot log in under Mo...

Hi Mo......it is just so great hearing from you. Please keep doing well, we think of you daily. Just in case you haven't seen the new thread started by Cannafan and myself, please check my signature for the link to our new journal, "Cannabis Oilers United". It was dedicated to our beloved Tim (Motoco). Talk with you soon Mo. :love:

Hi Mo, :circle-of-love:

It shows you have successfully logged into your account yesterday at 2:19pm.
@420Mo

Please let us know if you need any help. :thanks:

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful thoughts. :thanks:
I hope you all had a nice Christmas.
May the New Year find you all healthy and happy!!

For whatever reason I cannot log in under Mo...

First of all I would like to express my condolences due to Tim's death. I just found out yesterday... What a shocker!

Tim and I had e-mailed back in Sept and Oct, our intentions were to begin making oil after the first of the year (my harvest time.) So, here I am and I'm hoping that someone may answer some questions that I have.

1) I have #2 750ml bottles of Ever Clear with plans to use one on an Indica strain and one on a Sativa dominate strain. How many ounces of bud should each 750ml bottle take care of? (bud weight:alcohol volume)

2) in the past I read that the use of Lecithan would increase the potency... I have my doubts, but need to ask.

3) How long does it take to make a batch? I have no idea whether each one will be a couple hours or whole day project.

4) If the ratio happens to be 1 ounce bud to 750ml Ever Clear, when it's all in and all done APPROXIMATELY what could I expect the finished volume to be? I just want to have an idea to get the syringes around ahead of time.

That's it for now, I'm sure I will have additional questions if you folks don't mind me asking them here.

Added my replies inline below

First of all I would like to express my condolences due to Tim's death. I just found out yesterday... What a shocker!

Tim and I had e-mailed back in Sept and Oct, our intentions were to begin making oil after the first of the year (my harvest time.) So, here I am and I'm hoping that someone may answer some questions that I have.

1) I have #2 750ml bottles of Ever Clear with plans to use one on an Indica strain and one on a Sativa dominate strain. How many ounces of bud should each 750ml bottle take care of? (bud weight:alcohol volume)
I never really kept close track because I stock up on alcohol Spyrytus Vodka but when I was I cover bud in pitcher until it is about 1" above the plant material for each pass and I only do 2 passes each. Best bet is to have more than you need - When I get down to 6 bottles I get another case.

2) in the past I read that the use of Lecithan would increase the potency... I have my doubts, but need to ask.
I think cajun would be better to handle this, I've never used the lecithen.

3) How long does it take to make a batch? I have no idea whether each one will be a couple hours or whole day project.
Depends on tools used - I have fondue pot for primary and use the stainless steel measuring cup method that Tim posted about and takes me about 3 hours per batch or so.

4) If the ratio happens to be 1 ounce bud to 750ml Ever Clear, when it's all in and all done APPROXIMATELY what could I expect the finished volume to be? I just want to have an idea to get the syringes around ahead of time.
I get an average of 3 to 4 grams oil per ounce of bud.

That's it for now, I'm sure I will have additional questions if you folks don't mind me asking them here.

Added my replies inline below

Thank you for replying budnoob. Now if I can dig a lil deeper:

If the quantity of finished product is 3-4 Grams, how much volume would that be on the syringes scale in ml's, approximately?

I'm just curious but have you used both methods and just prefer the one with metal measuring cup? I ask because I "thought" the other one looked easier.

I think I'll just plan on making one batch with around an ounce that way I'll have 2 bottles of alcohol available if needed. I'm sure once you've done it a couple times you can get a feel for it. Just pre-game jitters.

Thank you for replying budnoob. Now if I can dig a lil deeper:

If the quantity of finished product is 3-4 Grams, how much volume would that be on the syringes scale in ml's, approximately?

I'm just curious but have you used both methods and just prefer the one with metal measuring cup? I ask because I "thought" the other one looked easier.

I think I'll just plan on making one batch with around an ounce that way I'll have 2 bottles of alcohol available if needed. I'm sure once you've done it a couple times you can get a feel for it. Just pre-game jitters.

1ml on syringe is roughly equivalent to 1 gram, close enough

Is there a reason you should not decarb in the over before making oil? Seems like it would be quicker.

Personally, I just follow the method the way I learned it and it works for me. Part of my logic says that decarb after also eliminates any remaining alcohol, but I heard of others that have used the oven method successfully. For me it's just a matter of if it's not broke no need to fix it.

Hello. I was adviced to read this link and am glad I did.
My only question so far is when do I know to take it off the burner and place in the smaller cup to boil off the bubbles?
Thank you.

Hello. I was adviced to read this link and am glad I did.
My only question so far is when do I know to take it off the burner and place in the smaller cup to boil off the bubbles?
Thank you.

I switch to measuring cup once most of the alcohol is cooked off but still liquid enough to swirl around in bottom of fondue maker. Motoco included pics at the beginning of this thread that should help give you an idea. I'll be doing another batch in a couple weeks or so and will post pic as well.

I will be making some this weekend also. We can all compare pictures. The pictures in this thread might be hard to give you an exact idea when it's time to switch to the cup...I notice that the alcohol smell greatly diminishes when it's time to switch to the cup. Even if there is some alcohol when you switch to the cup the decarb is cook the rest off, it just might take a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom