Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Return To Growing - Autos Indoors - Purples & Wildlings - Outdoor Grow

Thought I would share one of my grow room tips with ya'll.
How many of you use gloves in your grow room? They are always in my grow areas, keeps the dirt out from under my nails and ensures I am handling the plants with clean hands. Not to mention handling those nutrients and such.

These are disposable Polyethylene gloves, food grade and there are 500 count in the box. Wear 'em once and toss 'em.
And, the best part is they are (hmmmm...how would LA put this?) cheap as chips. :) I got this box for under $10.00 a couple years ago.
Scamazon has them, and I'm sure a good deal can be had on fleabay or at your local Sam's club maybe? Drugstores have the surgical gloves, but a pretty penny to be had for those.
Grow_room_tip_1.jpg

:circle-of-love:

re: Cannafan's Return To Growing - Autos Indoors - Purples & Wildlings - Outdoor Grow

Yeah I'm fluxing a couple at mo, but they're just to test the theory out. They only reside in half gal pots :) my next wave will be in 5 gal for serious fluxations! :)

Kewl, I'll check that out. I know I did some LST on one of the auto's and it didn't hurt it.
:)

:rofl:

I'm not sure how to respond to that...but sure as snow I'm readin it again :)

ROFL :rofl:

..now I know Reg wasnt referring to me! :rofl:

:wood:

:popcorn:

:blalol: Good to see you in such high spirits dude!

Oh how I've missed your clean wit Partner.

Thanks partner,
I was a desert girl in Nevada for awhile....I have permanent dry humor disease.

Mornfernoon Tassie
Nah, although I prefer to keep the language somewhat clean...that was in reference to a mental book I have on 4 letter words. The good, the bad, and the truly ugly.
Snow is in the truly ugly column......

:laughtwo:

Radogast would agree with you there Canna. His family moved to Boston and spent their first New England winter there during one of the worst continuous snowfalls on record. What a winter this last one was. Whew!

Good 4-letter word: HOPE

- for balmy weather
- for bounteous harvest
- for joyful companionship

I think you have it covered Canna. :love:

Yeah I'm fluxing a couple at mo, but they're just to test the theory out. They only reside in half gal pots :) my next wave will be in 5 gal for serious fluxations! :)

LA, I have 9 planted and their beginning to come up. They're being raised on an 11/13 light schedule, so they're going to be stunted. My Dark Devil stopped at 10.25". Do you think I could successfully flux one that small, and if so, at what point do you start?

Sorry Canna, I should go to the flux thread and ask. Next time I'll be better behaved. Too excited today. Seeds popping up. You understand. :slide:

Good afternoon, Canna, unseasonable cool with rain last couple days, but the sun is out now and looks good for tomorrow....yes, Canna, I wear gloves in my garden for sanitation reasons as well. My gardens are downstairs in a finished area that runs the length of the house with separate rooms.....that is the hospital zone in my mind....My meds are tested at the lab by the dispensaries so it is treated as such...I have a water source down there and everything is sterilized between uses (pots, pot bottoms, scissors, sprayers, water containers...) and I wash my buds at harvest...wear special shoes and lab coat...only the best for my patients is my motto....

Another reason is that I want to keep the grow downstairs and not contaminate my upper living area with stickiness and smell on the light switches, door knobs, kitchen sink, etc. I decided early on to keep things separated....I certainly have the room so am very lucky to have this option....my place is perfect for a grow site...in the middle of nowhere, very private, with even more space....

Good morning Canna, or what was it Mornightaftermoons.... :)
Did you plant out yet? :popcorn:

Good morning Sue :)
Grats on the pops and plants mate :)

Tassie's tool time tips on gloves...dunno if you do this or not Canna...

I put 3 or 4 sets on first....I often want clean gloves, but dont want to much around stripping off one set and then...for me I sweat in them....then you can't put your next set on...put a few sets on to begin with...and continue without interruption or frustration :)

Good afternoon, Canna, unseasonable cool with rain last couple days, but the sun is out now and looks good for tomorrow....yes, Canna, I wear gloves in my garden for sanitation reasons as well. My gardens are downstairs in a finished area that runs the length of the house with separate rooms.....that is the hospital zone in my mind....My meds are tested at the lab by the dispensaries so it is treated as such...I have a water source down there and everything is sterilized between uses (pots, pot bottoms, scissors, sprayers, water containers...) and I wash my buds at harvest...wear special shoes and lab coat...only the best for my patients is my motto....

Another reason is that I want to keep the grow downstairs and not contaminate my upper living area with stickiness and smell on the light switches, door knobs, kitchen sink, etc. I decided early on to keep things separated....I certainly have the room so am very lucky to have this option....my place is perfect for a grow site...in the middle of nowhere, very private, with even more space....

Same here Shawnee, I use a lab coat too. I never know what is going to be on my clothes after being outside around here, middle of nowhere's and back in the woods, kind of like you. Splitting firewood one day, apparently I brought a tree frog in with me on my clothes.
Couldn't figure out why the cat was literally bouncing off the walls that night. When I got up to see what the heck her problem was, the tree frog was sitting on top of the bedroom door jam. Ahhh.......kitty was trying to reach a toy...
I wish I could use the basement, but the constant fighting cold temperatures down there is a pain is the arseky. Small grow to start, upstairs will be fine for now.
On the positive side, I don't use my central air much...I just open the basement trap door and put a fan in front of it to bring the cold air from downstairs up.

Sue, no worries. Ask anything you like here. Although LA would probably like to keep fluxing technique replies all on one thread, which you already alluded to. :) FLuxing is fun!

Good morning Canna, or what was it Mornightaftermoons.... :)
Did you plant out yet? :popcorn:

Good morning Sue :)
Grats on the pops and plants mate :)

Tassie's tool time tips on gloves...dunno if you do this or not Canna...

I put 3 or 4 sets on first....I often want clean gloves, but dont want to much around stripping off one set and then...for me I sweat in them....then you can't put your next set on...put a few sets on to begin with...and continue without interruption or frustration :)

Good tip Tas! I will probably put that into gear next time I use them.
I haven't planted any yet, I'm going to move the ones that have fully popped into some damp paper towels tonight and put them aside till the others pop. Don't want to drown the kids too much. LOL

Downstairs is a walkout, so I have a sliding door to open up to the greater basement for air exchange, right now I have the veg and flower in the 2 bedrooms....it was A-okay down there all winter long...very pleased, the furnace is down there....now with spring I am noticing an increase in humidity but have a dehumidifier going so it should be fine...

Yes, Canna, I fear bringing horse manure into my grow as I have the animals and have to be very careful, cut grass, or any spores from my outside gardens....very funny story with the tree frog....how come stuff like that happens more often when we live alone....like your sugar explosion....I have my stories as well that no one can appreciate but me, it's funny isn't it?

I don't know Shawnee.....but despite it all...I'm content. LOL

I got the popped seeds in to paper towels and found 2 more that have peeked their lil' tap roots out.

1 Cash crop
1 Purple cheese

So, only 3 seeds to go and one of those is just cracking.
I also changed the water in the little shot glasses. Can't be too fussy....rainwater is cheap. LOL
YEY!

Now, I'm sure someone is questioning why I don't just use the paper towel method to germ the seeds. I used to do that, but I have found that it takes longer than dropping in water. In the paper towels, they stay damp and the water has to sort of soak into the shell. In the water, the little pocket of air is forced out and the taproot starts getting moisture sooner.
JMHO

Radogast would agree with you there Canna. His family moved to Boston and spent their first New England winter there during one of the worst continuous snowfalls on record. What a winter this last one was. Whew!

Good 4-letter word: HOPE

- for balmy weather
- for bounteous harvest
- for joyful companionship

I think you have it covered Canna. :love:

Close SweetSue I lived and worked in Boston for 8 years before moving to Central Mass where the weather is a touch more extreme normally, and ridiculously snow covered this last winter.

I'm hoping for some of that winter amnesia experienced by born and raised New Englanders.

- - --

I've a friend who moved from New Orleans to Maine last fall - just in time for Winter:)

Close SweetSue I lived and worked in Boston for 8 years before moving to Central Mass where the weather is a touch more extreme normally, and ridiculously snow covered this last winter.

I'm hoping for some of that winter amnesia experienced by born and raised New Englanders.

- - --

I've a friend who moved from New Orleans to Maine last fall - just in time for Winter:)

Ahh..So you moved there knowing the weather could be an adventure? :laughtwo: Not that knowing would have kept me from moving to such a lovely area. I went to Jr. College in Philly and traveled all through New England with the choir. Some of my favorite memories.

Having lived in Boston for so long you understood from experience that this winter really was unusual for the area. That's a good thing. I didn't want you and yours to think it would always be like that. Challenging, yes. Catastrophic, not so often.

Well one of the purple cheese seeds is not looking healthy. The tap root is coming out very dark and nasty looking. I had this happen to a seed last year, and tried to plant it after a few days...no go. It just rotted in the soil.
I'll keep it in a moist paper towel till I plant the rest of them and hope for the best, but in the meantime I think I still have one left in the package so I'll drop that one in water tonight. The other seed has not cracked yet.

Here's poor cheesy girl:
purple_Cheese1.jpg

Here's what she should look like. Nice white taproot. These are the Buddha seeds.

Buddha38.jpg

And yes, I did separate those buddha seeds a bit after the picture so they have some room to grow. :)

Hey canna...if you have a look though...it is there..just a white bit lower rh at the...join...dunno what the proper name is...that's what I reakon...I got my ...multiple inbread toes and fingers..and extra's crossed for ya :rofl:

...that's a whole lotta luck! Ha :p

Hey Tas,
Yep, there is some white in there with a big brown eyeball. LOL I've seen that on healthy seeds too. That's the only reason I haven't tossed it.
With everything you have crossed, how could it lose? :laugh:

Howse' that for a quick response? I'm on ya like white on rice....
Tee hee

Good Afternoon Sunshine... It is a beautiful day in paradise and congrats on all the new babies...:yahoo:... I love babies.... I got one of those cheesy light panels too and I think they would work for a little while.... I wouldn't plan on veggin' my girls all the way out with it but I think it will be fine for the tiny babes.....:green_heart:

HI Dennise. :)
It was a beautiful day here too. Hopefully that cold wave is on it's way back out to sea.

Yeah, I did those cheap panels for veg once and the plants just kind of came to a standstill. Put them under an HID unit and they picked right up.

:circle-of-love:

You were too, and I was slower than a nunnery on Wednesday...

Hello and good morning Canna, yes I thought so, I reakon she's a goer, a little slow like me, and still to reach full potential! :)

The second Sensible seeds Purple has popped.
All I'm waiting on is the other Purple Cheese and one Cash Crop seed.
I will probably plant in the morning. I'm anxious to get going. The other two will come along soon enough...I hope. LOL

Back
Top Bottom