Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Return To Growing - Autos Indoors - Purples & Wildlings - Outdoor Grow

LOL, no worries my friend. I take everything positive, unless someone says it's other wise. :laughtwo:

I am so anxious to get up and plant those seeds tomorrow. Probably won't even get a full cuppa down before I start.
:partyboy:

Off to snooze land I go. My oil is working wonders for my sleeping. Ahhhh......:snooze:

re: Cannafan's Return To Growing - Autos Indoors - Purples & Wildlings - Outdoor Grow

nighty nite, Canna and sweet dreams...

UPDATE 5/16/15

Seeds Planted

Early up and I got all of the seeds planted. Still waiting on two to pop. Cash crop is one, I'll give it the weekend and then maybe try to give it a little help.
The Purple cheese taproot looked a little better this morning, so I think she will be okay. I have my herb garden around the tray. Too cold in the kitchen window and I can't put them outside until the freeze warnings are done.

5-16_Update_seeds_planted.jpg

I have crushed a couple of seeds in my past trying to use tweezers to pick them up and put them in the dirt holes. I found this straw/spoon that you get at semi-fast food joints. It worked well, I didn't have to worry about pointy tweezers. Just dropped into the hole and used it to push the seed so the taproot is facing down.

Straw15.jpg

Mr. Moose will probably stick around throughout the grow. He spends a lot of time in there, he might as well enjoy a nice view of his surroundings while he reads the paper. LOL

Mr_Moose.jpg

Exciting! I like your idea to use a flexi spoon. I havent crushed any seeds with tweezers but about half the time I drop the seed from them before it gets to the hole. *adopts this idea* Now I have a good excuse to get a Coke Slushy at 7-11! :)

I think if all I had to read was the news I might spend most of my time in the crapper, too! Love the moose.

I promise there really is a number coming but I still don't have it... don't know why but assume I will have it soon... Have a feeling it will not be today though..... Hopefully I will have it by tonight....:circle-of-love:

Hey you, don't worry your head about it. Relax, have some of that great harvest. Sneak a smoke. LOL Then wait for the "cure".
Woot Woot!
Cold here today...again. Sheesh Supposed to get to 80? I'll believe THAT when I feel it. 80 degrees, with real feel of 65 and windchill of 40. LOL

I ran a test with the time lapse camera. For a day and a half I had my herbs under the cheap LED panels. Two of the plants did a little dancing around, but slowly. The other plants just stayed the same. This visibility was not great either. These lights are just not strong enough to emit enough light for the camera.

Last night I put the homemade CFL fixture above them and ran another test through last night and today. Reviewing the video, all of the plants were dancing around. One of them, my Arugula, has been drooping for a few days. It perked up and was trying to reach for the light. Another day or so and I'm sure it will be standing upright again.

So, I'm going to leave the CFL's on for the seedlings to start. When I get my better LED lighting, I'll switch to that.

Because the video was not cannabis, I didn't upload it. It showed me what I needed to know, so I deleted it to make room on the card for future vids.

Good morning Canna :)

I'm looking forward to the next time lapse vid...that's for sure :)

Hey Moose...you got the best seat in the house......well the room with the view anyways...!

515am tassie time: Outdoor air temp - 42.8, indoor 46.4 heading for a top of...53.6F

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:passitleft: High Canna... Dumb question I know but I can't remember... What is the pH of soil supposed to be... King said maybe the reason my Jack Herer was looking so sad was due to pH so I went to the hdyro store and got a pH pen and checked the run off and it is 6.8.... I actually thought I was OK there but 7Dust was here when I did it and said it was way to high so now I'm all confused..:straightface: Also just got an email from the person who sent you a little something something for me and I probably won't be getting the tracking # till Tuesday and hopefully it will be there by then...:rollingeyes: so any how if you get a funny package with a funny name on it that you absolutely have no idea who it is... accept it anyhow...:blushsmile:...:circle-of-love:

Dennise,
on the PH...6.8 seems very close to neutral, which is good. I recall being sure that my PH was around 6.5 ish and not more than 7.
Check out the chart here: (if that's not okay by the moderators, I'll skype you the link)

The perfect PH value for a cannabis plant

It gives some good information.

Here's a clip:
The pH scale runs from 1 to 11, with lower numbers being acidic and higher numbers being alkaline. The cannabis plant prefers a pH environment of 5.5 to 6.5. When the pH environment rises in alkalinity above 7.5, the roots are not able to consume the available iron, copper, zinc, manganese, and boron ions in their vicinity, and when the pH lowers into acidity to less than 6 the roots are not able to access phosphoric acid, calcium, and magnesium because they lose their solubility. If the pH drops to between 5 to 3 with temperatures above 26 degrees Celsius fungal diseases become a threat to the plant.

Okay, I'll watch for that package. ;-)

:circle-of-love:

BTW, for those who might be wondering.....the homemade CFL fixture. This is made from an old bathroom cabinet lighting fixture. You can pick these up really cheap at garage sales and Habitat for Humanity places.
I attached it to a board and made an electrical cord for it, and then placed some furnace duct work pieces cut in half on top for the reflector wings. Each outlet will hold two bulbs with the outlet adapters. I have only 4 bulbs in for the seedlings.

CFL_fixture.jpg

Kinda mad that the Popcorn smiley turned into something else... Anywho...*popcorn munching*
Purple Ganja is the Dark Lord's favorite kind of Ganja! Good Luck!!
:Namaste:

Exciting! I like your idea to use a flexi spoon. I havent crushed any seeds with tweezers but about half the time I drop the seed from them before it gets to the hole. *adopts this idea* Now I have a good excuse to get a Coke Slushy at 7-11! :)

I think if all I had to read was the news I might spend most of my time in the crapper, too! Love the moose.

Oh geez, I used to drop them all the time with those danged tweezers by being afraid to hold them too tight. LOL Mr. Moose has been around with me for a good thirty years now. He puts up with a lot of crapola.....
Enjoy that slushy! :)

Kinda mad that the Popcorn smiley turned into something else... Anywho...*popcorn munching*
Purple Ganja is the Dark Lord's favorite kind of Ganja! Good Luck!!
:Namaste:

Hi LordofDanknis, and :welcome:
I've always wanted to grow some purps.
I've got extra popcorn......here ya go. :)
:popcorn::popcorn:

Dennise,
on the PH...6.8 seems very close to neutral, which is good. I recall being sure that my PH was around 6.5 ish and not more than 7.
Check out the chart here: (if that's not okay by the moderators, I'll skype you the link)

The perfect PH value for a cannabis plant

It gives some good information.

Here's a clip:

Okay, I'll watch for that package. ;-)

:circle-of-love:

Thank you... Thank you very much... I thought I was remembering what King had told me correctly but when Goof Ball 7Dust said it was wrong my head went in 20 different directions... Even fella told me I was right and now he is miffed cause I didn't just believe him...:blushsmile:....:circle-of-love:

{{in her best dracula voice, she responds to Elvis....}} "You are zo very vellllcome my dear..."

I got curious to test my rainwater PH after reading your question, got my PH pen out and discovered the batteries are dead.
So "thank you...thank you very much". Would hate to have discovered that when I really needed it. It's those danged small round watch battery type thingies. Can't just find one in a remote control to make it work. :laughtwo:

New batteries and calibration fluid. Hope it's a wonderful day in paradise and the girls are being good... Be well :)

Back
Top Bottom