Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Newest of Noobs..from set up to growing and harvesting

Damn Cannafan! How very green of you! +reps for all the progress and creativity. I love that you recycled that piece of bowling alley, so cool. Very inspirational! We really do think alike, when I was reading your next post about the duct tape coming loose, I was thinking holes+zip ties, then next sentence "holes+zip ties" too funny. I am excited for your beans to arrive. Keep it up!

Good job Canna, +reps from me too :)
Can't wait for you to get your seeds and get em cooking.

:rollit:

Thanks guys! I feel like a lil' kid on Christmas Eve waiting on these seeds.:rofl:
I'm going to head for the grow store after work today and buy some nutes. Seems the only reasonable priced nutes around here are General Hydroponics brand. Can that be used with soil grows?
Flora grow, flora micro and flora bloom is what I'm seeing.
Any suggestions on any other nutes or treatments I should pick up? I already have rooting hormone and PH up and down. I have a PH tester, and PPM tester. I also have perlite and vermiculite to mix with my soil.
Thanks a bunch!

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed to different ratios for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering, General Hydroponics Flora series can be used for hydroponic, soil and soiless growing. pick up some Mycorrhizae powder or granules to add to your soil mixture and put directly on the roots at transplant. do you also have ppm and pH calibration solutions if not pick some up so you can regularly calibrate your meters.

the type of Mycorrhizae that i use

Sun System / Sunlight Supply: ROOTERS MYCORRHIZAE ENDO/ECHO BLEND 1LB (12/CASE) [720325] - Organic Gardening - Gardening & Hydroponics Store - Horticulture Source

I believe you can use GH with soil. You might find this link useful: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know I know there is another one specific to nutes. For my next grow outdoor grow I will be trying out Doc Bud's High Brix kit. Doc is a staff writer here, and has produced some of the healthiest looking plants I have ever seen. There are a bunch of members using the kits with great success too. Check it out and let me know what you think.

You're a gem KingJohnC! I understand completely why you were voted member of the month for June. ;-)
I'm glad to know that you use the GH nutes. I did pick up the 3 part series, some final phase, and a small container of super thrive just in case I need it later. I also invested in a heating mat for the germination. I didn't want to burn my house down using a regular medical type heating pad. LOL
Unfortunately, I didn't get your message until I returned so I will check into the Mycorrhizae next time I go.
I do have the calibration liquid for the testing units, it came with them. :)

Rainstacks, yes I've been to the link you provided several times and I have learned an enormous amount there. I will check out Doc Bud's as you suggested this evening.:thumb:

Well, my seeds are here...sort of. I contacted the seed company before I ordered to be sure I could order without it being "signed for" on arrival. She said yes, and to note that on my order so they will be sure to get it. I did that and apparently they didn't read it, as I got a card in my mailbox from the postal carrier saying they tried to deliver and to pick it up at the post office. Dang! Hopefully I can get there in the morning without any trouble.

And one last thing, I don't have to worry about cutting the aluminum ducting. I found some very cheap 1/2 pieces that are thin enough to bend and get holes into without cutting myself to pieces. They are very shiny too! Hardware stores just amaze me sometimes. :)

Happy growing all, and I will update soon.:thanks:

You're a gem KingJohnC! I understand completely why you were voted member of the month for June. ;-)

thank you kindly

Those are some great tips for saving electricity. I recently found myself doing similar things around the house (unplugging the TWO xboxes that never get used other than for Netflix, and the Wii that gets used once every 6 months).

I planned on cleaning the house tomorrow and I am going to clean the coils under my fridge like you suggest. Never even thought of that.

Next on my to-do list .... Replace all the lights in my house to CFL

Thanks for those ideas. :Namaste:

edit - Oh and congrats on the arrival of your seeds. That is too bad about the delivery situation, but I'm sure there will be no problems picking it up. Seed companies are very discreet.

KJC is actually a bot which the site operates. You think a real person can know exactly what to say and be there right on time, every time? I wish I could upload everything KJC knows just like in the Matrix where they hook Neo up that that brian probe. My head would probably pop though. This is the Sour Diesel talking...mostly. Or maybe it just unshackles the child locked in my mind...
:yahoo:

KJC is actually a bot which the site operates. You think a real person can know exactly what to say and be there right on time, every time? I wish I could upload everything KJC knows just like in the Matrix where they hook Neo up that that brian probe. My head would probably pop though. This is the Sour Diesel talking...mostly. Or maybe it just unshackles the child locked in my mind...
:yahoo:

computing answer...buffering....= thank you kindly

Well, I just have to share the update on the electricity maintenance I did because it is a big win.
I did a reading on my meter on the 4th and then again this evening.
My electric usage has been cut from 42 KWh per day to 11.5 per day. So my daily usage cost has declined from $6.56 per day to $1.72!
What a dramatic difference. I'm a happy camper today. Now...if those seed babies would just arrive.....

In the meantime I'm being a good gurl and studying all kinds of grow journals and helpful posts here. If I ever actually finish every single page/post on this site I will feel like one must feel if they ever reached the end of the internet.:ciao:

My electric usage has been cut from 42 KWh per day to 11.5 per day. So my daily usage cost has declined from $6.56 per day to $1.72!

Uhhhh... Holy shit. That is insane savings. Way to go! Now you have me even more interested in my own electric consumption.

:bravo:

Yeah, almost too unreal. LOL I'll be keeping a daily log of my meter reading. I think the biggest culprits were the freezer (s) and the underground sprinklers.

A question on nutes: How do you all mix your nutes for use? Do you mix up a gallon ahead of time with water, or a quart or what? I know that they have to be different strengths at different times as needed, so when you know what you need do you pre-mix to have it on hand?
I'm confused. LOL:hmmmm:

A question on nutes: How do you all mix your nutes for use? Do you mix up a gallon ahead of time with water, or a quart or what? I know that they have to be different strengths at different times as needed, so when you know what you need do you pre-mix to have it on hand?
I'm confused. LOL:hmmmm:

i use spot sprayers 1x1 gallon, 1x2 gallon and 3x3 gallon sizes. i pick what size i am going to use depending on the volume of water i will need at the time. if i have anything left over i use that for the next watering if the nutrient ratios have not changed. when using a 3 part nutrient series always start by shaking the nutrient containers to mix them. i always start by adding the micro then the bloom then the gro to water.

Just make sure you read the label/directions! I know it sounds stupid, but some nutrients' suggestions are for RO water, some are for tap water, some are for hydro, some are for soil, some are for 1-gallon, some are for a half-gallon, etc etc etc. On top of that, most nutrient feeding schedules are designed for 1 week periods. So if you are feeding your plants more than a gallon a week, make sure you aren't giving them too many nutrients.

So for example, my Age Old nutrient's suggestion label is aimed towards 1-gallon of RO water. My plants, however, currently eat 1-gallon every 4 days give or take. When I feed, I only need to give them nutrients during one of those feedings to stick with the recommended feeding schedule. Some people will also cut the nutrients in half and give it to the plant in both feeds.

For the actual mixing - Most people prefer to mix their nutrient solutions immediately prior to feeding. If you premix your solution, make sure it is really well shaken because the nutrient sediment will fall to the bottom. The pH levels can also change if the solution sits for a while, so make sure you test it before feeding. I use a 1-gallon jug that was 99cents from a supermarket (it had water in it). The jug is much sturdier than a milk jug. It has yet to leak on me while violently shaking it either.

When you start the plants on nutrients, start them on a 1/4 dosage. Slowly move them up to full strength dose. (1/2 dose next feeding, etc) Your nutrient solution will dramatically change pH levels in your water, so make sure you have some pH up and down ready! Once you get to a full strength dose of nutrients, you will be able to just measure how much pH up or down is needed for each 1-gallon mix.

Back
Top Bottom