Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Re: Newest of Noobs..from set up to growing and harvesting

Almost forgot to post this...
THE BABIES ARE HERE!:yahoo::cheer::party: (and a pretty cool looking T-Shirt with them. LOL)

I'm going to try to get a close up pic on them tomorrow morning to see the difference in the seeds. Probably won't germinate till Friday because I've got to work overtime this week and I don't want to miss anything on the germ. process.

Almost forgot to post this...
THE BABIES ARE HERE!:yahoo::cheer::party: (and a pretty cool looking T-Shirt with them. LOL)

I'm going to try to get a close up pic on them tomorrow morning to see the difference in the seeds. Probably won't germinate till Friday because I've got to work overtime this week and I don't want to miss anything on the germ. process.

Sorry if you have to repeat yourself if you already posted , but I don't want to re-read the whole thread;)
Where did you get the seeds from?

The Attitude Seed Bank refuses to discuss germination and if you bring it up will threaten to ban your account and send you a email to that effect if you bring up the fact that not all of the seeds they sell will germinate, there is no such thing as free seeds.

Hope to be getting them in the dirt in a couple days, DirtyDanny Can't wait!

Hijinks:
Main Course is Nirvana White Widow and Nirvana Master Kush.
As a side dish I have feminized from Dinafem Company, Royal Haze and Fruit Automatic.

I may have an appetizer coming this weekend in the form of Clone.
:peace:

I bought some potting soil today. I was looking for something without bat guano in it. It's called Potters Gold, I haven't seen any feedback on this brand here so far. Apparently it is specific to my state, made locally.
Here's a link to the brand and their mix
Why Potter's Gold

If you can think of anything I need to add into that or increase to start my plants with please let me know.
Thanks! :)

I bought some potting soil today. I was looking for something without bat guano in it. It's called Potters Gold, I haven't seen any feedback on this brand here so far. Apparently it is specific to my state, made locally.
Why Potter's Gold? - Potter's Gold Premium Potting Soil

If you can think of anything I need to add into that or increase to start my plants with please let me know.
If its not already added........perlite is your best friend!
About 1/3 of your soil should consist of perlite........and make sure its 100% organic perlite as some manufacturers add alot of bullshit to their product.
This will give your soil good drainage qualities, give your roots lots of O2, and make it next to impossible to over water.
Downside is you will have to water a bit more often.

Hi again Cannafan,

That soil looks like a really decent medium! I think given that the soil was tested at a PH of 6.0 I would probably be tempted to add some lime. Specifically Calcium Carbonate (CaCo3) as opposed to regular garden lime. I got mine at Lowes for around $6.00 for 5 or 6 pounds, is labeled "Fast Acting Lime" and contains about 95% CaCo3 if memory serves. I think a table spoon or so per gallon of soil would do the trick so it shouldn't take much.

Regular garden lime would work but will take 3 forevers to break down and buffer your soil and get you into the 6.5 to 6.8 PH sweet spot. The fast acting stuff will get your soil there very quickly!

Edit - Didn't see DirtyDanny's post in time, but he makes a good point as possibly adding perlite. I see that does come with perlite, but I can't really tell a ratio. A little more on hand to potentially add wouldn't be a bad precaution to take.

Always happy to help. The lime I got was Pennington brand and was over in the aisle with the grass seed. Might be late in the season to get any now, but definately worth a shot!

Why Potter's Gold? - Potter's Gold Premium Potting Soil

sounds like a good soiless potting mixture and very complete with Mycorrhizae.

You may want to add a 6,5,3 rock amendment. Doc Bud has the recipe on his "in the lab" thread. I would fill the pots with soil and water before adding my plants to make sure it isn't too sludgy, and also to make sure it drains ok. When I use small pots I sometimes bottom water just to be sure all the soil is getting wet. The water can sometimes drain just around the edges of the pot and all the soil looks wet on the surface, but is dry underneath. I am looking forward to seeing those seeds, and see em pop too!

Well, I couldn't wait. The first pic is of the seeds where I was trying to see if there was a difference in them to see if there really was a way to tell the female from the male seed. I could not get a close enough shot of these to get any type of "volcano" in them or otherwise. Whoever took the pictures to show the differences must have been using a microscope. I can't remember who I was talking with about that, it was on another thread.
Anyway, here's the seeds:
Seeds53.jpg

On to germination. I laid a folded paper towel in the bottom and wet it completely with Ph proper water and then put my seeds and identifier markers on it.
FirstLayer.jpg

Another layer of paper towel and soaked it again with the water. Closed it up and set it on top of my freezer in the dark.
Let's cross our fingers now!
SecondLayer.jpg

I am fully aware that some of these seeds may not pop. If they ALL do, I'm going to have more plants than I had planned for on the very first grow....but then some will turn out male I'm sure. :laughtwo:

I had a seed go for 2 weeks without popping and that is when I finally gave up on it. I haven't heard of seeds taking much longer than 10-14 days to pop.

I squeezed it and it popped just like a zit and little yellow goo came out of where it exploded. Pretty sure that isn't healthy ...

Every seed that I have successfully sprouted so far has popped in under 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom