Cannibalweed And The Growstar 1000 From Twilight LED

Photo time
420-magazine-mobile1703295894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1341126343.jpg
420-magazine-mobile446700088.jpg

Getting it dialed in as Duggan would say.
Seedlings are doing stupendously well...
Really liking that I changed the HPS out for MH.

Lots of light down there. Got another 1000 watt LED on the way.

On to the pictures
420-magazine-mobile1221069896.jpg
most of the group...
I haven't really noticed a big difference yet between HID and LED. But it's early.
They have really responded to the defol. Take a look at the before shots on a couple previous posts. They aren't good pictures from before today but they tell the tale.

420-magazine-mobile1199058091.jpg
backside shot of Train Wreck. Notice the seedling​ that grew up beside the momma plant. Seed fell from her and I never x planted her. Figured it's a female so let it grow.
The whole shebang is going outside together.... Maybe if I don't top her she'll get tall enough to do well.
Front side shot
420-magazine-mobile1604840626.jpg
seedling on the left.
Also look closely at the plant. She was harvested a few days before Christmas. Got some age on her. They all do. Except Pineapple Sunshine which gets a mention here soon.

420-magazine-mobile1934704319.jpg
Northern Lights #5

Great plant easy to grow and what a delight to smoke. One of the chosen

420-magazine-mobile1406009223.jpg
another previously harvested plant. Delicious Candy.
Another great one that was chosen.
420-magazine-mobile820701616.jpg

The two up front are Pineapple Chunk
And Pineapple Sunshine. The Sunshine is the product of a cross off Pineapple Chunk and fem DDA pollen
420-magazine-mobile1498061071.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1819776232.jpg
they're awfully scraggly but what a difference it made to clean em up from the monster cropping debacle. Looking even more closely at the plant stalks you can see how I had to almost chew through the veg. They're loving it though.. I've never seen such a strong positive reaction to a defol

Just a pretty picture of the girls
420-magazine-mobile1838372069.jpg

Awesome day too you all
:passitleft:

Frustrated.
I'm going blind and using a cellphone to do this whole thing. I have emoticon envy for those that do use laptops, desktops, or any application that would let me use those cool emoticons like like the cool kids here do.

I only see = : numbers :
I have to type in fourty-eight to get this = :passitleft:
To do all of that was frustrating.
Those that get it have to do it.
The one draw back of using the 420mag app I suppose.

/QUOTE]

About a month ago I had quite the conversation with Teddy Edwards and 420 Rob about using the 420 app VS. 420 and that was a major topic that was discussed. In the end I was informed that it was not possible for them to add the emoticons to the app. They did say that most emoticons that cell phones use, the mag will recognise them. I tried bud since I understand the struggle. I do love numbers though lol.

It's good having back around bud. Seriously. Wish we could come up there and give ya a hand.

Have a great day Jacob. :passitleft:

Looking good mate.

Regarding an earlier comment re Sativas and Indicas, my experience is: my last two indoor grows have been with both indica and sativa strains. At the same time and in the same tent. Can I say that the sativas were SO much more work to keep under control. I had heard that they go nuts with height, but man until I experienced it and TRIED to control them I had no idea. I'm with Duggan now and really only want to stick to indicas for indoor grows because of the height issue. I agree that both strains would prefer the outside sun for a light. With the sativa/ indica grow thing though, it's all about height. So if you have a high ceiling (>8ft) sativas should do fine with some light training. Under that and I think it's a struggle. You could try a SCROG or SOG grow with them, but I would think the SCROG would be very difficult and time consuming to maintain. SOG might be not as bad. Good luck!

I wish you would of invited me a lil sooner Jake, 10 pages already! First thing would be glasses, go to the dollar store and get reading glasses. My eye doc told me that also cause of a high copay. The Dollar stores work great. Cant read the menu at the restaurant! My hearing is almost gone too. Its getting to the point where Im seeing better at more than just reading with these cheap eye glasses! ZZtop! :). I might have to wear them all the time shortly. It was my early 40's when my eyes and ears went to shit. Use a cell phone for 420 mag? Quit it! I can barley check the stupid texts I get. Im all lap top. No way I could use a cell. I hate em.
What a bad ass barn/growroom! Me got work? no dude, nothing compared to you. The muddy floor, maybe some pea gravel? So it drains. Pea gravel strips to walk on?? 8" of gravel across the whole floor maybe? You will have to keep humidity down in flower as you know.
Going from MH to LED and excited I see. Im considering it. That and organic. I was thinking to get a LED to go with my two 600w HPS in my 5x9. not sure if you can mix them?? Although my tent can handle more watts its doing just fine as it is.
1.5 hrs on the computer and got to go. I noticed a Scotts OG sprouted last night, so I need to go work my grow.
Great Day and Great Growing! 4D

Project Numero Uno for outside grow
420-magazine-mobile1807410109.jpg

Raised beds for the personal grow this year.
420-magazine-mobile1491892138.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1353465004.jpg

Throw back

Water barrels to be towed behind four wheeler for watering the big outdoor garden up back. Straight from the spring.
420-magazine-mobile516113412.jpg

Later y'all.
Should I start a separate journal for outside ?

Hi Jacob,

Great farm pics. Reminds me of growing up staying with Grammy and Grampa's. I recognize the ford tractor in repair. Yeah, the #1 farm tool for sure. Getting too old to need one now (I still wish I had one). Looks like you stay very busy. One of the best things about living up here!.

As with you, my summer will be filled with outdoor grow and experiments. This summer I want to use Silver Thiosulphate on my two goto strains for a seed supply. Summer for pollen, fall inside grow to make seeds. Happy Farming!

Frustrated.
I'm going blind and using a cellphone to do this whole thing. I have emoticon envy for those that do use laptops, desktops, or any application that would let me use those cool emoticons like like the cool kids here do.

I only see = : numbers :
I have to type in fourty-eight to get this = :passitleft:
To do all of that was frustrating.
Those that get it have to do it.
The one draw back of using the 420mag app I suppose.

/QUOTE]

About a month ago I had quite the conversation with Teddy Edwards and 420 Rob about using the 420 app VS. 420 and that was a major topic that was discussed. In the end I was informed that it was not possible for them to add the emoticons to the app. They did say that most emoticons that cell phones use, the mag will recognise them. I tried bud since I understand the struggle. I do love numbers though lol.

It's good having back around bud. Seriously. Wish we could come up there and give ya a hand.

Have a great day Jacob. :passitleft:

I like numbers as well Nis.
Just a ton easier to use the app than upload to laptop then to 420. Pictures straight from the phone and all. I don't really need to use the emoticons.
It's good to be back around and I think if y'all were closer we'd love to have you here.
I've turned a couple offers of help down but things are really picking up round here so it may be time to reconsider.
Warning I only pay in smoke n edibles.
Accepting applications :rofl:

Anyone have experience making shine ?
Getting a still next month. We're gonna try our hand at making top shelf spirits. Tinctures and such.
Should be exciting.

Looking good mate.

Regarding an earlier comment re Sativas and Indicas, my experience is: my last two indoor grows have been with both indica and sativa strains. At the same time and in the same tent. Can I say that the sativas were SO much more work to keep under control. I had heard that they go nuts with height, but man until I experienced it and TRIED to control them I had no idea. I'm with Duggan now and really only want to stick to indicas for indoor grows because of the height issue. I agree that both strains would prefer the outside sun for a light. With the sativa/ indica grow thing though, it's all about height. So if you have a high ceiling (>8ft) sativas should do fine with some light training. Under that and I think it's a struggle. You could try a SCROG or SOG grow with them, but I would think the SCROG would be very difficult and time consuming to maintain. SOG might be not as bad. Good luck!

Heya there RobbieBurn

Yeah the sativa thing will probably have to wait til next season or after outdoor harvest this year. Mid November.
First, I wanna get this lift crop in the ground then get the rooms dialed in, exactly.
Things are moving so fast right now. I just wouldn't have the focus it would take. Not that I might ever again. So, for now I'm gonna listen to Duggan and you.

Thanks for that Bud. Glad you stopped in

I wish you would of invited me a lil sooner Jake, 10 pages already! First thing would be glasses, go to the dollar store and get reading glasses. My eye doc told me that also cause of a high copay. The Dollar stores work great. Cant read the menu at the restaurant! My hearing is almost gone too. Its getting to the point where Im seeing better at more than just reading with these cheap eye glasses! ZZtop! :). I might have to wear them all the time shortly. It was my early 40's when my eyes and ears went to shit. Use a cell phone for 420 mag? Quit it! I can barley check the stupid texts I get. Im all lap top. No way I could use a cell. I hate em.
What a bad ass barn/growroom! Me got work? no dude, nothing compared to you. The muddy floor, maybe some pea gravel? So it drains. Pea gravel strips to walk on?? 8" of gravel across the whole floor maybe? You will have to keep humidity down in flower as you know.
Going from MH to LED and excited I see. Im considering it. That and organic. I was thinking to get a LED to go with my two 600w HPS in my 5x9. not sure if you can mix them?? Although my tent can handle more watts its doing just fine as it is.
1.5 hrs on the computer and got to go. I noticed a Scotts OG sprouted last night, so I need to go work my grow.
Great Day and Great Growing! 4D

4Dutchess
Bro I'm glad you made it over here.
Prescription glasses are high in my list. Promise you that. Got a pair of those reading glasses you suggested and I lost em. Yesterday :rofl: appears that I am suffering from general all around old age. Eyesight n memory loss.
I am maybe taking a page from you're suggestion on the muddy conditions. Thinking of framing out a walk way of sorts. Filling it with gravel. Job done.
About the LED thing. I took some photos yesterday. I defoliated the day before. Yesterday I knew they had responded well.
But, this morning I went down @4:30 lights on and whoa baby do the ones under the GS1000 look like they've grown two inches since yesterday.i think good things when I think led now.
MH look great too. But nothing like the LED girls do.
Ordered another GS1000 for the loft grow. That'll be here n a week or so. Just have to frame out the room up there plastic n mylar it up install an air conditioner and drainage.
The MH and LED are currently in the same room. So mixing them ain't so bad. I think. I'm sure someone knows if that's true or not. I only have them together for the heat that the MH gives off. Led has very low heat radiation.

Okay bro like you I been on the puter long enough but I still got a few things to take care of here before I go.
Later man thanks for stopping in. Good to have friends around.

It's funny how I started indoors.
Looking to grow indoor because I couldn't​ be outdoor any more.
Now that I'm back and can be outside I'm still able to be indoor. I'm using the lights and equipment to take everything back outdoor.
I'm outside sometimes I can't hardly wait to get back inside.
Torn up about that. Always thought I was an outdoors guy through and through.

It's been cold and it's raining today. Didn't get anything done today that was planned.
Had a huge plate of Ribs, potato salad, beans, picklelilly and a salad.

Awesome day though.. got hold of Doc Bud about HB will order after my Birthday which is tomorrow. No shit.

It's hard to say your birthday is 420 on a 420 website and have anyone take you seriously.
But I got it figured like this here; the only people that come to my journal to read are my friends here. I look forward to wishing all my friends a happy birthday if they choose to let it be known.
So all have a great night and I will not be around tomorrow
- maybe some early morning coffee reading-
until late if at all if all goes well.
So wish me luck. I'm gonna talk to Meghan about going upta camp tomorrow night for the night. Maybe a little growing season fertility dancing.

Hey My brotha, Jacob, and friends too! Lots of catchin up just done. Jacob,..you , me , we gotta talk ...!
What's all this Defol.... stuff!! Not good. Where did all the leaves go? They're naked,..brix at a very low level, scraggly!
OK, i vented, not too bad eh,...:tokin:
The farm pics are great stuff BTW, you got chickens , right? Fresh eggs , yummy:)
Did you need ideas for your o/s beds? As mentioned , Major has been extremely successful outdoors these past couple years and may be worth while taking the time to check it. His approach and follow thru were at a high level:), and it showed.
Need to Re Activate "Duggan's Northern Security Services"...:rofl:...we shall talk about that .....:rofl: Budley,..you get this??
Anyhow Jacob, ya know,..ya can't just throw it out there like that!!:tokin:...Happy Birthday...tomorrow,:smokin::happy-birthday:
OK, you can use the DeLorean...only for a week though...:blunt:
Cheers Jacob and friends!:high-five:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon::party:

Anyone have experience making shine ?
Getting a still next month. We're gonna try our hand at making top shelf spirits. Tinctures and such.
Should be exciting.

In a previous life of mine, I may or may not have distilled a couple few gallons of it every week. Shoot me a PM when you get it.

Hey Duggan
Hope you're having a great night. I am.
Okay. The reason for the defol.
These things were so thick on the limbs with -old- one leaf and warped reveg growth that it started to die off and peel like paper Birch bark.
For real. It was nasty. If you grabbed a stalk or limb it felt like it was wrapped in shag carpet.
Laden with mites too lemme tell ya. All of the new growth was slow and struggling.
The morning after, day before yesterday, they were reaching for the light like whoa in response.
This morning even stronger.
They needed it bud. They had been asking the whole time. I promise.
I cut it off em all and there was tons of one leaf and curly warp growth and mite damage.
Just wasting energy getting sent to all of that unnecessary growth.
Easier to finally defeat the mites, too.
Give em a couple more days and they will be like brand new.
I hope that explains why such drastic measures.
Thanks for the venting though. My to we got chickens (fresh eggs yum is right) and pigs and goats. Working on getting a beef steer too.
I went n checked out Major Pita's journal and I can see he did extremely well. I'm looking at trying at least one outside HB.

"DNS Services" pray tell ? Sounds serious :rofl:

Thanks Duggan.

Hey My brotha, Jacob, and friends too! Lots of catchin up just done. Jacob,..you , me , we gotta talk ...!
What's all this Defol.... stuff!! Not good. Where did all the leaves go? They're naked,..brix at a very low level, scraggly!
OK, i vented, not too bad eh,...:tokin:
The farm pics are great stuff BTW, you got chickens , right? Fresh eggs , yummy:)
Did you need ideas for your o/s beds? As mentioned , Major has been extremely successful outdoors these past couple years and may be worth while taking the time to check it. His approach and follow thru were at a high level:), and it showed.
Need to Re Activate "Duggan's Northern Security Services"...:rofl:...we shall talk about that .....:rofl: Budley,..you get this??
Anyhow Jacob, ya know,..ya can't just throw it out there like that!!:tokin:...Happy Birthday...tomorrow,:smokin::happy-birthday:
OK, you can use the DeLorean...only for a week though...:blunt:
Cheers Jacob and friends!:high-five:

Sent from my DeLorean...in the future!:ganjamon::party:
:rofl:

Night bud. And thanks again

I've learned so much from you guys and gotten fairly close to a few. Honored to be among you.
I wish you all the best day possible. Happiest 420 my friends.
I got some celebrating to tend to myself.

Happy Bday and 420 day Jake! Your property looks great. Country living. No snow? Spring already! I like the raised beds. Have you seen the Mendo dope boys utube vid? They grow some monsters outside. I finally listend to them and dident water the latest plugs after transplant. Progressing!!! It looks like my 2nd tent harvest is coming soon! So excited! The Chemie and W.widow Im anxious to smoke. I point to the big main bud on the white widow and tell my trimming buddy thats ours to smoke. Just me and you. Jar it for 3 mo. and BOOM! Nice huh! Nice to grow my own meds. Great day Dude and thanks for your time and help. 4D

Back
Top Bottom