Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I’ve been sat here and waiting for HOURS! Bout fucking time mate.

I mean good morning C Grow :)

Looking beautiful :)

As the Grow Jesus as my witness, my next plant will Carcanopy™️!

Yes, this is true, but I'm ingesting them, not using them topically.
Oh okay. I was only speaking to topicals in my post.
I don't think you're saying the acidic forms are not effective, just not effective for pain, correct? If so, I'd agree.
I haven't tried the acid form in any topical pain oils for the simple reason that the decarbed version works and it would waste a lot of flower if the acid version didn't work!
Also my main use is for inflammation, not pain and the cannabinoids in their acidic form treat my issues quite well.
From the science I've read, CBD internally over time will reduce inflammation in the body. I know that it helps with my wife's arthritis in her toes and she won't stop taking it even though it keeps her from getting the full effect of her smoked THC. That's commitment!
I would agree with you that if you are treating pain, THC is clearly the one you want. Adding a small amount of CBD is supposed to enhance the THC effect and your strategy of using one then the other seems like a great approach.
I found that the CBD topical oil worked best separately and before the THC oil. I believe that @Amy Gardner found the same to be true.
So what is it about trying to decarb in oil that doesn't work so effectively? The oil would heat up to a temperature higher than that of water, and decarbing in water via a sous vide approach is quite a viable one. And we know that it is a combination of time and temperature that do it. So, lower temps mean longer time and vice versa.
So, if oil can reach decarb temperatures above that of water, and your trichomes are surrounded by hot oil, it would seem to reason that the temp would be sufficient.
So it must be something else. Perhaps the oil coats the molecule making it harder for the extra carbon atom to escape? Because it can't be the oil insulating the molecule from the heat as the oil would be relatively uniform at a high temp.
I don't know the science, but I do know that Nova did the study and the testing, and this was their conclusion:

"When you add the decarbed flower into the fatty oil, the oil encapsulates the flower, acting as an insulator. That’s why it’s necessary to decarb BEFORE you infuse. The oil acting as an insulator means that you won’t get a fully activated product if you don’t decarb before the infusion process.

Our testing below shows the infusion of flower that was NOT decarboxylated prior to infusion. The flower was mixed with oil and placed in the decarboxylator."

Source with chart of the test results.
First up is the GSC- 58 days old, flipped to 12/12 last Sunday, and not really flowering yet... she's close, though
:eek: that's a beauty! :love:
the 36 day old Wookiees auto-21" tall now, and very healthy- she's being fed the same as the GSC. No real training for these girls, except for the topping.
Can't wait for that to fill in. :nomo:
Next up, the DDa- 36 days old- she's also real healthy, she's 14 inches tall, so 7" shorter than the Wookiees
Excellent DDA specimin. Kudos to the breeder on that one.
Looks like she's going to have a little color in them buds, so that's pretty cool!
Gotta love the purple black they turn.
Same plants, different angle...these just aren't going to amount to much, but I guess they can't all be gems...
Trimmed and in jars you won't care about any of this. :high-five:

Time for training Update#8...
I actually wasn't sure what I was going to talk about today, because for the last week, I've just been watching her grow.
But, there's a few things to go over...

8 days into flowering, and she is stretching, but she's doing it very evenly- the secondary branches are almost all the same height as the 6 main branches, and that's what we want.
I actually took off all the tiedowns, except the ones on the 6 main branches, figuring I'd just tie down the branches that try to get too tall during the stretch-but they're all growing at about the same rate, and I haven't had to tie any of them down yet...:hmmmm:
The main branches are what will determine the height of the plant, so we want to keep all the other branches at approximately the same height as the mains- and so far, this plant is doing that without my help, which is not how this usually goes.

t1.jpg

t1b.jpg

Not much more to say about tying things down, and you may or may not be able to take the tiedowns off of the secondary branches after you flip to 12/12- My last plant, they had to stay on till almost the end,
but this plant doesn't need them right now, so you won't know how it's going to go with your plant until after the flip.

OK, so now it's getting close to defoliation time for this plant- I was going to wait till 21 days into flower, but there's sooo many leaves on this plant that some of them have got to go sooner rather than later-
It's also about time to get rid of the "suckers" (little useless branches that are down low on the plant.)
There's not much to it, but you will need to decide if you think they'll ever reach the canopy.

t3.jpg

We want to leave the healthy ones, even if they haven't made it to the top yet- they'll get there within a week or so. If they don't get there...snip snip!
t4.jpg

The scrawny, pale ones are what we want to cut off...

t4a.jpg

And if we're going to do that, we might as well get rid of some excess leaves too...you could even do this before the flip if you want to- I do it after the flip, but that's just me..
t6.jpg

And that's about all I've got today- Whether or not you need to tie anything down during the stretch remains to be seen- I think you probably will, because I usually do- this plant is just more cooperative than most:love:
t9.jpg

And that's it for this one-
As usual, any questions, or anything I need to be clearer about, just let me know!
Thanks for looking, see ya next time!:high-five:

:goodluck:

I have 2 kinds smaller than that... :) The real tiny ones are for Mrs.C's spices..or are they...?
jars.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, Stunger!
I can't wait to see the colour coming out on the DDa,
She is an interesting one- I've seen a lot of them growing, some good, some pretty odd, but this one is, so far, almost normal, except for a few krinkly leaves.
The purple is just a nice bonus! :)

She is an absolute beauty
Thanks, T.:love:
Cleo is too, you've done an outstanding job on her!

I have 2 kinds smaller than that... :) The real tiny ones are for Mrs.C's spices..or are they...?
jars.jpg
Two guys comparing who has the smallest "something." That's rich! :laughtwo:

That GSC is flawless, MrC!

And thanks to your wonderful tutelage @Trala's looks like a slightly larger version of your plant!

Great work. :thumb:

Dang guys seem like I stoped following/posting yesterday when it’s been 2 years lol have since bought another home keeping the first and continuing renting the top and growing in the bottom as well and bringing another buddy up to speed and setting up 2 tents @4x8 makes for so much work on top of being employed.. many pics to come and opening a new grow journal with clones from a mother board of specimens. 9lb hammer and afghan from growers choice black cherry og, chocolate chunk and cotton candy, from cropking. do si dos and candy haze from rocket seeds. It’s a lot but I have great help. Heading back to the tiny opt I have recently harvested a green crack from crop king in a lonly 2x4 tent in the basement that pretty much gets forgot about but man did she pan out

Time for training Update#8...
I actually wasn't sure what I was going to talk about today, because for the last week, I've just been watching her grow.
But, there's a few things to go over...

8 days into flowering, and she is stretching, but she's doing it very evenly- the secondary branches are almost all the same height as the 6 main branches, and that's what we want.
I actually took off all the tiedowns, except the ones on the 6 main branches, figuring I'd just tie down the branches that try to get too tall during the stretch-but they're all growing at about the same rate, and I haven't had to tie any of them down yet...:hmmmm:
The main branches are what will determine the height of the plant, so we want to keep all the other branches at approximately the same height as the mains- and so far, this plant is doing that without my help, which is not how this usually goes.

t1.jpg

t1b.jpg

Not much more to say about tying things down, and you may or may not be able to take the tiedowns off of the secondary branches after you flip to 12/12- My last plant, they had to stay on till almost the end,
but this plant doesn't need them right now, so you won't know how it's going to go with your plant until after the flip.

OK, so now it's getting close to defoliation time for this plant- I was going to wait till 21 days into flower, but there's sooo many leaves on this plant that some of them have got to go sooner rather than later-
It's also about time to get rid of the "suckers" (little useless branches that are down low on the plant.)
There's not much to it, but you will need to decide if you think they'll ever reach the canopy.

t3.jpg

We want to leave the healthy ones, even if they haven't made it to the top yet- they'll get there within a week or so. If they don't get there...snip snip!
t4.jpg

The scrawny, pale ones are what we want to cut off...

t4a.jpg

And if we're going to do that, we might as well get rid of some excess leaves too...you could even do this before the flip if you want to- I do it after the flip, but that's just me..
t6.jpg

And that's about all I've got today- Whether or not you need to tie anything down during the stretch remains to be seen- I think you probably will, because I usually do- this plant is just more cooperative than most:love:
t9.jpg

And that's it for this one-
As usual, any questions, or anything I need to be clearer about, just let me know!
Thanks for looking, see ya next time!:high-five:

:goodluck:
Splanations don't get better Carcass, thanks!

Two guys comparing who has the smallest "something." That's rich! :laughtwo:
Unfortunately, I think I won... :straightface:
And thanks to your wonderful tutelage @Trala's looks like a slightly larger version of your plant!
Thank You, GDB- she really did do a damn good job! (We're not done yet, but I think it's smooth sailing from here on in)
Actually we're just comparing Carcass to Carcass!
That's better than what Mrs.C. compares me to!;)
I misunderstood the posts Shed.
We'll let it go this time...
seem like I stoped following/posting yesterday when it’s been 2 years lol
Great to have you back, Soildawg- and welcome to my journal
Splanations don't get better Carcass, thanks!
Thanks, Stone, that means a lot!:thanks:

Well, yesterday I decided I had to do something to be able to take overhead pics of my indoor plant...
She's getting too big to take pics through the "viewing port" that I installed after mounting the new light.
The top used to open up on the box, but it doesn't since the @NextLight 420h got mounted on top.

So, I made up a couple of hinges..
Hinge 1.jpg

Now it opens again...

Convertible 1.jpg
Convertible 2.jpg

That's it!
I'll be back in here tomorrow with an update or two-
Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support! :love:

Impressive!

Where'd the metal at the top of the box come from? Did you fabricate it yourself?

(I don't know why I'm asking. Whatever you did is way beyond of my skill set! :) )

Back
Top Bottom