Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

(she looks happy, no?)🤪
Omg C Horse!

When are you going to learn? Just coz a girl is smiling doesn’t mean she’s happy! She’s locked in a cupboard for fuck sake!

But never fear. I got you. Now she’s happy :)

E40CE852-47EB-4B09-935A-A28EFF7BFDC3.jpeg

She’s locked in a cupboard for fuck sake!
Ha!- She needs to get used to it in there- if she outgrows the box, that's where she'll end up finishing...😳

Congrats on the sprout! :Rasta:

Thanks, GDB!
She seems to be a healthy one-
she's grown more in the last hour than the last one did in 4 or 5 days...:)

Ha! That's why I started using the blower- got tired of accidentally leaving the lids off for 6 or 8 hours- now, it's like- shake 'em up, 10 seconds of forced fresh air, then the lid goes back on...
Hiya Carcass!
Really glad to see someone else using a small fan / blower to burp. Thought I was the only one. Seems to me it does a really good job of quickly exchanging air in the jar and removing grassy odors.

I think you got a healthy one going on here now.
Thanks, Nev- I think you're right- hell, I didn't expect her to show up until tomorrow- a day early, right off the bat, has got to be a good thing!
Seems to me it does a really good job of quickly exchanging air in the jar and removing grassy odors.
It really does- and, in my case, I'm way less likely to forget to put the lid back on...:hmmmm:

And I know it's working, because it stinks the whole room up in about ten seconds...that used to take 15 minutes or so, without the blower...🙂

Thanks, Shed!
She was a pleasant surprise this morning!
I've added a seedling mat to her shelf in the closet-
if she's going to live there for a few weeks, I'd best make her comfortable...

she's grown more in the last hour than the last one did in 4 or 5 days...:)
A thunderous appearance! Congrats!
Hiya Carcass!
Really glad to see someone else using a small fan / blower to burp. Thought I was the only one. Seems to me it does a really good job of quickly exchanging air in the jar and removing grassy odors.
That fan is a great idea! I've been fanning with a greeting card or similar size firm paper. I like your idea better!

I open them once a day- I use a little Ryobi shop blower (like a small leaf blower) to change the air in the jars- I usually run it for about ten seconds in each jar. If you try the blower thing, hold your hand loosely over the top of the jar while blowing air into it- or you'll end up with buds blown all over the room!

Before I started using the blower, I'd just shake 'em around and leave the lid off for ten minutes or so, once a day- as they get drier, I'll open them less often (every 2 or 3 days)
When they get to 62%, I'll drop a 62% Integra Boost packet in there to keep them there, and that's it..
*In my opinion, the Boveda packets give the cured weed a "dusty" smell, but the Boost packets don't, so I use the Boosts...
For those of you with larger harvests, here's an automated curing system for 5 gallon buckets.

For those of you with larger harvests, here's and automated curing system for 5 gallon buckets.

Too cool!

I'd like to try that. But I'd have much fewer and smaller buckets! :)

Too cool!

I'd like to try that. But I'd have much fewer and smaller buckets! :)
Maybe I'll try it with my 1L take out containers that I used to use for flower. :rofl:

But probably not. It is a pretty cool idea, though. But you'd need a pretty low increment timer I'd imagine. Something you could program by the minute probably, and not like the half-hour increments my timers allow.

Maybe I'll try it with my 1L take out containers that I used to use for flower. :rofl:

But probably not. It is a pretty cool idea, though.
Very cool

Good mojo for this seedling Carcass
Thanks, Carmen- She seems like she may do pretty well!

..She's peeking over the edge of the cup this morning:
ATF day 2.jpg

That fan is a great idea! I've been fanning with a greeting card or similar size firm paper.
That's how I always did it too, and it always worked fine- the fan just speeds the process up a bit..

For those of you with larger harvests, here's an automated curing system for 5 gallon buckets.
Thanks, Azi - although I don't have a youtube account, so I can't watch it...

But I'd have much fewer and smaller buckets!
I may have to do a youtube account... :hmmmm:

But you'd need a pretty low increment timer I'd imagine.
Someone (sorry, can't remember who) mentioned over in Shed's thread, that Harbor Freight has timers with 15 minute increments for 5 bucks. Probably still too long though...
Very cool
:cool:

Fantastic idea! Thanks!
😎

Maybe it's a California thing?, but youtube tells me that the vid is restricted "based on community guidelines"
....whatever in the hell that means..

Thank You, Carmen!
She's tiny, but happy so far!
It sounds like Cali has some strict regulations...

Back
Top Bottom