Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

You're very welcome, Carmen!
If there's any particular area you'd like a better pic of, just let me know before the dirt goes in .😁
(about 3 weeks from now if things go right)

Who knew Id hear the words Ryobi Blower in curing.

You know I gotta say thanks for the tip, its a sad reflection on me how many times Ive opened the lid on a morning check of the girls, walked straight past it and found it in the afternoon, still open.

Like way more than it should be.

Cant tell you how helpful that is. I love it.

Let me know how big a tent you end up needing using the SIP too. No way that box will hold you in.

Either that or the square SIP will match the square canna girl you shoehorn out of there.

I like your swivel. I've been using a smaller version in my flower area and it makes things  so much easier on a day to day basis to tend to the plants. Easy to spin them around to check on things. You have to keep the plants a bit narrower than the walls obviously, or the limbs and eventually the buds will bang against them as you spin the plant, but overall highly recommended. :thumb:

You're gonna use that SIP in your box? 👀

I look forward to watching the SIP adventure!
Thanks, T! It should be fun!
This one will probably get a little taller than the last one...😁

its a sad reflection on me how many times Ive opened the lid on a morning check of the girls, walked straight past it and found it in the afternoon, still open.
Ha! That's why I started using the blower- got tired of accidentally leaving the lids off for 6 or 8 hours- now, it's like- shake 'em up, 10 seconds of forced fresh air, then the lid goes back on...

Let me know how big a tent you end up needing using the SIP too. No way that box will hold you in.
This has crossed my mind, but I haven't had one outgrow the box yet...although that 27" GSC gave it a pretty good try... 😬

Easy to spin them around to check on things.
Thanks, Azi- It really helps with training them too- I've used that same swivel for the last 5 or 6 plants- the only drawback is it adds an inch to the height of the pot- which doesn't sound like much, but when you've only got 37 inches of headroom....it could matter later on...

You're gonna use that SIP in your box? 👀
Indeed I am...still waiting on a plant, though...🤨
37 inches from pot to light.jpg

Surely not enough height
We'll see about that..
...and stop calling me Shirley...🤪

Depends on how long he vegges for.
I might have to adjust the usual 60 day veg time...it's going to be interesting, that's for sure..

I always compare sips to whats buds has lol massive missiles 😄
I've seen @Buds Buddy 's massive girls - very impressive!...but, at the same time, they make me a bit nervous about how this might go...😳
Carcass seems to flip when the plant is the right size for the box
I usually flip @ 10 inches tall or so, and the way I train them, that usually works out to about 60 days of veg.- I may just have to flip a bit earlier if the SIP works like it should...⏱️

Ha! That's why I started using the blower- got tired of accidentally leaving the lids off for 6 or 8 hours- now, it's like- shake 'em up, 10 seconds of forced fresh air, then the lid goes back on...

This has crossed my mind, but I haven't had one outgrow the box yet...although that 27" GSC gave it a pretty good try... 😬

Thanks, Azi- It really helps with training them too- I've used that same swivel for the last 5 or 6 plants- the only drawback is it adds an inch to the height of the pot- which doesn't sound like much, but when you've only got 37 inches of headroom....it could matter later on...

We'll see about that..

I might have to adjust the usual 60 day veg time...it's going to be interesting, that's for sure..

I've seen @Buds Buddy 's massive girls - very impressive!...but, at the same time, they make me a bit nervous about how this might go...😳

I usually flip @ 10 inches tall or so, and the way I train them, that usually works out to about 60 days of veg.- I may just have to flip a bit earlier if the SIP works like it should...⏱️
Shirley 😄. Yep that growth when flipped wow crazy. good luck man but at same time looking forward to it no doubt

(I sense hilarity is about to ensue!)
It may be like stuffing 2 pounds of shit into a one pound bag... 😁

Of course, that's providing I get something growing, which ain't happening yet...

Try sweet talking to her?
I'm talking, but she's not listening yet. 🙂 ..she just went onto the solo cup yesterday afternoon, so I'm not really expecting anything till Saturday or so...

As I looked over your tutorial a couple of time I thought it to be very intuitive and quite entertaining.
Thanks so much for sharing as it also brought back some enjoyable memories of the old Sanford and son tv show.
:thumb:
Ya I’ll be watching

We'll see about that..

60 days of Veg will be a massive plant. I usually Veg 5-6 weeks & flip to flower. I don't think I'd veg over that in your grow area. Going to take a lot of LST to contain it. A 5-6 week Veg will fill a 3x3 wall to wall. It almost fills a 4x4 in just a 5 gal. SIP. Hence, why I'm building a 12 gal. SIP tote. Going to Veg about 8 weeks or so in it and fill a 4x4 with one plant (at least that's my goal). Going to start that journal in about a week. Still prepping for it.
Anyway, Welcome to the SIP Club !

60 days of Veg will be a massive plant. I usually Veg 5-6 weeks & flip to flower. I don't think I'd veg over that in your grow area. Going to take a lot of LST to contain it. A 5-6 week Veg will fill a 3x3 wall to wall. It almost fills a 4x4 in just a 5 gal. SIP. Hence, why I'm building a 12 gal. SIP tote. Going to Veg about 8 weeks or so in it and fill a 4x4 with one plant (at least that's my goal).
Typical grower, never satisfied. :laughtwo:

I thought it to be very intuitive and quite entertaining.
Thanks so much for sharing as it also brought back some enjoyable memories of the old Sanford and son tv show.
Thanks, Nev!
Hey..those mop buckets were brand new!...only the other stuff was made from junk recycled items...😁
I’ve got everything crossed for you and my boyfriend ain’t happy about it lollllingggg!
Thanks for that, Trala .....I think it worked!:high-five:
(more on that in a few minutes ⏱️)
60 days of Veg will be a massive plant. I usually Veg 5-6 weeks & flip to flower. I don't think I'd veg over that in your grow area.
Welcome to my little journal, Buds!
Thanks so much for the advice...
I usually flip at 60 days, or ten inches tall, whichever comes first, so I'll definitely be going with the height thing for this one.
The way I train them, it takes a little while to get to 10 inches tall, but from what I hear about SIP's, that's going to happen considerably sooner than it usually does.
Welcome to the SIP Club !
Thank You, Sir!
Typical grower, never satisfied. :laughtwo:
Ha! Even if it's already working great, there's always room for improvement... :thumb:

--------------------------------------------------

And, in ATF sprout news...
She went in to soak on 12/20, into the solo cup on 12/21, and here she is this morning...:party:
ATF-12-23-22.jpg

And this one knows which way is "up"!😀

She's on a shelf in the closet under the seedling light right now (too damn cold out in the garage)
The humidity dome only stays on till she greens up, then she's on her own...

(she looks happy, no?)🤪
ATF in the closet.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Back
Top Bottom