Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Or you could ask the missus to...
Me: Honey, can you reach into my pocket and "check my seed?"

Mrs.C.: Is that what they're calling it nowdays? 😄

I only said:
And you didn't specify right side up or not, so you called it , Shed!👍

Good luck mate, if anyone might be able to grow one upside down I figure its probably you.
Thank You, Deeve!
I'd settle for sideways at this point!

Actually, my opinion of the little sprout has gone from "grim" to "cautiously optimistic"...the first set of leaves showed up overnight, so I think she's planning on growing...I think so, but time will tell...
OLS day 2 ag.JPG

my opinion of the little sprout has gone from "grim" to "cautiously optimistic"
I would be absolutely ecstatic to have that beauty in my cup right now.

I have been looking at half cracked seeds in moist paper towels and 1 with a small tail in the barren soil of my cup for days. I’m seriously almost ready to head into town and buy a couple photo period clones.

I'm good with it too-although at 4 sq.ft,I can see another light and a 4x4 tent in my future.
The Mrs. can't see it (yet),but I can....
I just paid $55 for an extra 4x4 for a single plant project but there’s cheap to be had for sure if ya plan it I Made my first tent from garbage bags and 4x4’s I found in the house when we bought it haha, but even with a 4x8 and the new 4x4 the garbage bag tent is still running haha

That’s what’s in her now 3.5ft x 4.5 ft x 7’ tall but it’s been running for 3 years lol

She moves into her new “actual” tent tomorrow

92DF90F0-22FE-40A3-950B-25D38BB64D1A.jpeg

AFC19D07-8A81-4524-8D8E-4B8893CB6590.jpeg

I have been looking at half cracked seeds in moist paper towels and 1 with a small tail in the barren soil of my cup for days.
I more often than not need three seeds to get one to go, so I hear ya, Nev- it's a bit of a confidence shaker, that's for sure- once they're growing, things usually go pretty well, but coaxing them out of the ground will always be the hard part for me..🙁

I actually gave this one up for dead on day 6, Friday, but I just left it on the seedwarmer (the stove) till Saturday morning, when I decided to dig around in there and find the seed- it had a tail when It went into the cup, so I wanted to see if it had done anything besides just die in the cup...

I dug in and found the root, and the sprout both heading for the bottom of the cup...I didn't think she'd live, but I pulled her out and turned her over anyway...and surprisingly, it's looking like she might make it..

the garbage bag tent is still running haha
Welcome to my Journal, @Mikedin !

My box was also going to be a temporary thing...and here we are three years later... 🙂
It seems like the uglier it gets, the better the plants grow...:hmmmm:

I more often than not need three seeds to get one to go, so I hear ya, Nev- it's a bit of a confidence shaker, that's for sure- once they're growing, things usually go pretty well, but coaxing them out of the ground will always be the hard part for me..🙁

I actually gave this one up for dead on day 6, Friday, but I just left it on the seedwarmer (the stove) till Saturday morning, when I decided to dig around in there and find the seed- it had a tail when It went into the cup, so I wanted to see if it had done anything besides just die in the cup...

I dug in and found the root, and the sprout both heading for the bottom of the cup...I didn't think she'd live, but I pulled her out and turned her over anyway...and surprisingly, it's looking like she might make it..

Welcome to my Journal, @Mikedin !

My box was also going to be a temporary thing...and here we are three years later... 🙂
It seems like the uglier it gets, the better the plants grow...:hmmmm:
Haha, yeah temporary always becomes permenant because of how much time I put into it haha, most likely I’ll keep the tent but cut it in half and make it a clone tent.. who knows it might not ever leave the room for all I know haha, I have no need for that space it’s just a spare bedroom I sells in on midnight shifts so it doesn't bother me at all

I have some reading to do here, quite a long journal you have going lol

I Made my first tent from garbage bags and 4x4’s I found in the house
Oooo please tell me how! I flowered two photoperiod plants behind garbage bags this winter, but it meant that I had to put the bags up at night and take them down in the morning... total pita.

Oooo please tell me how! I flowered two photoperiod plants behind garbage bags this winter, but it meant that I had to put the bags up at night and take them down in the morning... total pita.
This is quickly turning into arts and crafts....

Not at all a bad thing, I love the ingenuity of some people. In fact before I grabbed the last tent I seriously eyed off the Refrigerator box in my shed, thinking.....well....it would save a few dollars....

Just didnt trust my luck to hold. But after seeing a few Bob Ross like creations come out of those cobbled grow spaces its hard not to feel like youve succumbed to marketing.

I have no need for that space it’s just a spare bedroom
That was my situation also...then two kids moved back in, and I got booted moved out to the garage- which is fine, but it's going to present some temperature challenges with my next grow-it's 47f out there right now.
I have some reading to do here, quite a long journal you have going lol
Hi. Mike! - Yeah, it's been going on for awhile.. 😁
the last year or so is probably the most interesting, if you want to save yourself some reading!

Congratulations! I look forward to watching you make her sing!
Thanks, Trala- but at this point, I'm not sure she's even gonna make it to the show!
I flowered two photoperiod plants behind garbage bags this winter
Garbage Bags: They're not just for garbage anymore..😉
Hi, Carmen..:ciao:
I seriously eyed off the Refrigerator box in my shed, thinking.....well....it would save a few dollars....
Cardboard actually has quite a few structural advantages over a tent- like for instance, try and mount a fan on the wall of a tent...in a box, you just poke a paper clip through the wall, bend the end into a hook, and hang your fan...or thermometer, or whatever..

Need an extra exhaust or intake port?- just get out the razor knife, and cut it where you want it...

Cut the hole in the wrong place?- cardboard and ductape go together like peas n' carrots!.😋

I'll be back with an update a little later on- not much happening, but there is a little bit- got some errands to run first, so hope to see you then!:high-five:

I love when you extol the virtues of cardboard
and it's cheap,too! 😉
Good morning C Food
And a belated good morning to you, T...!💚

And now for yesterday's Update...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry I didn't make it back yesterday- those "errands" turned into an all-day thing..😠

Just a couple things to report on today-

First, the Original Limonade Skunk isn't going to make it, so I'm calling it quits on that one:rip::
1-OLS-1 it's a dud....jpg
That wire is holding her up, and one of the cotyledons is dying, so she's a goner..I gave her 4 days to do something after waiting 7 days for her to sprout, and she's just not going to do any more😕...

So, I'm soaking an Alaska Thunderfuck (also from the Va. seed fairy:love:) this afternoon, hopefully, this one sprouts right-side up:hmmmm:
2a- ATF1.jpg

So, we'll see how that one goes...

Next up- the Zkittles, which came out of the drying box today- it went in 12 days ago, so the cool temps in the garage did what I hoped they'd do! (that's twice as long as it usually takes)

This was an RH test from yesterday morning- still at 70% on day 11...
2-70 RH 2 day 11.JPG

The weather warmed up a little yesterday, so it was at 68% when I tested it this morning- I usually jar them up when they reach about 67- 68%, so it was time..I'll burp the rest of the moisture out of there...
this pic is from yesterday- it didn't look much different this morning
4-ZK2 day 11.JPG

Here she is in the sun, straight outa the drying box...
Z-1.jpg

She's pretty frosty, sticky and she smells great..she also stayed a little greener than they usually do
6-ZK nug 1.jpg

Time for a weigh in...subtract 1.2 oz. from the weight on the scale (forgot to zero the scale for the 1.2oz. pan), and you've got 4.3oz/122 grams.. after curing, it'll be about 4 oz. even, when all's said and done...(113 grams)
5-Z-2 4.3oz.jpg

So that about closes the book on the 13 inch tall, 4 ounce, @Weed Seeds Express Zkittlez- she was a fun one to grow, although, her getting a little taller would have been a nice touch..😁
7-ZK-3 in the jars.jpg

And that about does it for today!
I'll keep you posted on the ATF progress (or lack of it...)
Thank You for looking- I really appreciate the support ❤️
See you next time!

Congrats on the jars of pretty flowers!
the Original Limonade Skunk isn't going to make it, so I'm calling it quits on that one
I'm thinking it was the sugar rush from the Tootsie Pop that done her in. :rip:
I'm soaking an Alaska Thunderfuck (also from the Va. seed fairy
Keep it in your pocket or I make no germination guarantees!
She's pretty frosty, sticky and she smells great..she also stayed a little greener than they usually do
Lowish and slowish might be your go-to for winter harvests from now on, even when you get to move back in the house!

Congrats on the jars of pretty flowers!
Thanks, Shed !:thumb:
I'm thinking it was the sugar rush from the Tootsie Pop that done her in.
And the upside-down sprouting thing didn't help, either...:straightface:
Keep it in your pocket or I make no germination guarantees!
That's where she's gonna be till I see a tail ...although, she does go on top of the router at night, but the new fiber optic router isn't as warm as the old one was...and the stove's too hot, so the pocket is "just right" temp-wise...🙂
Lowish and slowish might be your go-to for winter harvests from now on,
It definitely will be my go-to year round- won't work as well in the summer, but it is what it is- gotta dry it somewhere...

That's where she's gonna be till I see a tail ...although, she does go on top of the router at night, but the new fiber optic router isn't as warm as the old one was...and the stove's too hot, so the pocket is "just right" temp-wise...🙂
Keep in mind that body temp is higher than what you'd probably set a heat mat at. A few years ago I did the "seeds in the pocket" thing for my veggie garden and had many not germinate. I think it was too hot for some of them.

Keep in mind that body temp is higher than what you'd probably set a heat mat at.
Thanks for that, Azi- That never occurred to me- I'll have to stick a thermometer in my pocket to find out just how hot it gets in there!

Back
Top Bottom